Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Messy shooting areas

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by billgrigsby24, Sep 3, 2012.

1. billgrigsby24

billgrigsby24 Beaverton, Or Active Member

Like many of you, finding a good clean place to shoot is a struggle. I went shooting yesterday with a friend somewhere off Hwy26 west of Portland. We pulled up to this spot that still had target stands with shot up targets, plastic and glass bottle, brass and shotgun shells everywhere. I didn't have time to collect everything but we were able to collect a lot of brass. It looked like whoever was out there shot about 10 boxes of shells. I really wish people would clean up after themselves. On the other hand, Its nice to get a lot of brass!

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Should have grabbed 3 garbage bags worth and got a free membership.:thumbup: Brass is a good score always.

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

you can't really expect people to pick up every shells they fired. (picking up .22lr will be pain in the butt :bluelaugh:)

but it does bother me that people leaving trash, furniture and appliance pieces around area.

4. billgrigsby24

billgrigsby24 Beaverton, Or Active Member

Diesel, I would if I had the time. I was able to get out for a couple hours only and that would have taken up the whole 2 hours!

Skang, I agree you can't get everything but people should pick up the majority of crap they take out, especially targets, unless others are they using those targets. I have the mentality of pack in/pack out and it bugs me to see all that crap. There have been a lot of shooting areas closed for that reason.

5. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

But I can expect them to make an effort. I put out a tarp to try to catch the numerous .22 shells when I'm shooting.

Bothers me too. I pick up everything I bring and usually a bit more.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  6. rawen2

rawen2 Portland Area Active Member

I too, take a cheap tarp with me to catch the spent casings. I've always packed out everything I packed in and the last few times I've packed out quite a bit more than I brought.
    Hoping to keep my favorite spot from getting closed down due to irresponsible shooters.

7. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I'm heading up to my usual spot this week. I figured I'd go after Labor Day weekend in order to let the a-holes trash up the place. I'll be bringing the truck as well as many garbage bags to fill. I'll post photos on the other room.