JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I was in a hurry trying to get my Lower receiver put together that other day because I might have a buyer for my DTI but I wanted to get my new kit build and tested before the sale and I accidentally put the wrong detent spring in with the front take down pin and I can't get the take down pin out for the life of me. Does anyone have any advise for me. I do have a extra lower parts kit in case I have to cannibalize something, hopefully not. Thanks for any help. Here are some pics of what I am talking about.

This is the pin I can't get out.

This is the pin and spring I used, I pulled them from my extra LPK.

Front take down pin- find a sturdy small pointed tool- I have a little small 90degreee hook tool, use that to put pressure back on detent/spring and will allow the front pin out. As always with this pin- don't lose your detent and spring!!

I think I used the right spring. I added a pic of the spring and detent pin and the take down pin I messed up in case I was using the wrong terminology. I am still a newb to AR's. I can't get anything in the tiny space I have to work with. Thanks again for any help.
Travis

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads