JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's been very hot and dry out there this summer...
That's what can happen when they can't find enough water and are forced into using alternate means of hydration.
The US Forest Service recommends that land owners who either lay out feed or allow deer to forage their land, should use short lengths of cord to tie openers to low tree branches.... That way the deer won't have to risk mandibular damage using their teeth
opening their beer.

its possible they could have beat the crap out of eachother over some hot doe during November. then, once one(or both)of them nailed it they went back to bein buds.

Yeah I would say they got into a scuffle or just caught some disease. They look pretty healthy other than the mentioned problems.
My parents live outside Redmond and have some of the nastiest looking deer I've ever seen.

I 2nd sending them in to the Fish and Game dept, but then they may send someone out and round them up, test them, who knows.

Ya. I don't know?

Deer look pretty funny even when there "Normal".
I mean, how would anybody look with 9'' ears, and fuzzy antlers sticking out of her head?

As long as there eating there probably fine. Animals don't perceive pain like we do. And they don't pity themselves as we do about a handicap.

I think old broke jaw was hit by a car on the left side. And broke off part of his left antler and jacked his jaw.

Oh well?:s0092:

Poor babies. We have a lot of deer through our land, once I noticed one of them had a horrible abscess on one of it legs. I am guessing coyotes tried to take it. Haven't seen that one for about a year. I always try and make sure they feel safe here, just in case I need them later. Recently the wife and I were alarmed to a sound out back, and witnessed about 20 or so Elk moving through the back area. Quite a sight.
Have several deer that graze our field /yard most days. Several friends have volunteered to come get them but we also try to keep them happy here in case of future need. Nothing like having meals on the hoof when the big quake gives me an ocean view and walking distance to the beach

I've seen similar caused by fences. Note the little divots missing from the edge of the ear. Getting stuck in a fence usually is a violent effort until they are loose or exhausted as they know how vulnerable they are. Early on antler growth are real tender and susceptible to growth interruption from a variety of damaging sources.
Otherwise they look healthy. Eyes are bright, coat full and clean, nose properly moist.
Nonetheless, if you decide to involve the man, don't give up the one picture that indicates you may be feeding.
For some reason, it is ok for them but a cardinal sin for you and punishable by law.

Not that I'm ever really into calling "the authorities," but one GOOD function of ODFW is that they monitor game health. I'd call them.. maybe they'll check the deer out... probably just got in a bar fight, but it'd be good to put the brakes on anything infectious, in the off chance.

uploadfromtaptalk1438231403000.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438231426409.jpg

One of my emergency meals on the hoof eating Blackberrys tonight. Poor lighting so the pics aren't all that great

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top