JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Mossberg 930 SPX Blackwater and don't like the LOP of the Choate Stock that came with it. Has anybody used the Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock and have comments or complaints about it?

I am mostly interested in the reliability aspect as I want to be able to practice with low brass birdshot but have read that some have had issues with it.

20170430_215707.jpg

I haven't had any problems with my Urbino stock setup. It is nice however the only problem I have, (and think it is a design flaw) is the grip angle. It is angled way to far back and the space where you hand goes on the back of the grip is to narrow. This maybe because the stock it self seems to angle down a lot more than I remember the Choate setup did. It doesn't feel natural and squeezes my hand pretty tightly. I tend to wrap my thumb around just like you would a precision long rifle. For me it is not comfortable at all. I would suggest you feel one out before you buy. It is a lot of money for an upgrade like this to not be comfortable. I am just undecided what to personally do about this problem right now...

Mossberg930_1.JPG

Thanks for the letting me know about the issues you have with it. I'm going to try to find one locally and see if it fits me right. Problem is that it seems it's the only stock that offers a shortened LOP. The Choate stock is just too long for my prefernces.