Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Merry Christmas to me... My fusion CCO finally arrived today.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by AndyH, Dec 23, 2009.

1. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have always wanted one of these light weight concealed carry officer pistols. CCO for short. I had originally ordered one of the new Dan Wesson CCO pistols. But ended up canceling that order and going with the Fusion Firearms version.

Forged Alum Officer Frame With Ion-Bond coating
    Stainless Steel Commander slide
    Trijicon night sights.

All I can say is WOW :thumbup:if you are ever in the market for a custom 1911 you will not be disappointed going with a Fusion.

2. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

You moved the post on me!:paranoid:

Very, very cool indeed! Congratulations!:thumbup:

3. AndyH

Yea I double posted it some how... Must have been the three Eggnog and Rums....

4. RAWII

RAWII Salem, Or. Member

That might be the best Christmas present ever. Well done.

5. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Very cool looking firearm. Looks like one of those forever keepers! :thumbup:

6. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Somehow I don't think my wife got me anything quite so nice......;)

7. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I'll trade you a jennings!
    jk

Very nice! I've been tempted to contact fusion for some quotes :D

8. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without a range report. ;)

9. easysteve

easysteve Salem, Oregon Member

Thats is damn nice. If you dont mind, how much did it cost you?

10. AndyH

Only if it come with an extra mag...

11. AndyH

It will be coming in the near future. I had this made specifically to be my primary carry piece. I plan on hitting the range on Saturday and putting several hundred down range

12. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

Awesome looking gun. My #1 all-time favorite handgun is the Fusion. :thumbup:

13. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Geez Andy, leave it to you to make my decision more difficult. I too was about to order a DW CCO until Fusion showed up on my radar. I just got my quote back from Bob though, and for the cost difference I could buy myself another gun I've been wanting in addition to the CCO. I'm thinking maybe I'll buy the CCO this time around then save for a Fusion for next Christmas. We all know one can never have enough 1911's :thumbup:

14. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

If you go with a blued Fusion CCO, base model, you can get it for $1595, which is only $250-$300 more than the DW CCO's go for. I have a DW CCO, and it is a VERY sweet piece, but not as sweet as my Fusion. The Fusion is definitely worth the extra money. You can't go wrong with either one though.

15. ricsha

ricsha Oregon Coast - Lincoln City Member

That's a beautiful gun, Andy. Looks like it was worth the wait. I've had my Dan Wesson CCO for a little over a month, and the size is just about perfect for a lot of uses. That Fusion, even with the cost and the wait just looks terrific. Congratulations on your Christmas Present!

16. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

Very nice! I have a Fusion kit on order myself. I am kinda excited about it.

17. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Man, I've been looking for someone who owns both to comment on the decision. Good thing you're here :thumbup:

You don't happen to live near Portland, do you? I've really been wanting to shoot one of each and I'm sure I could find some way to make it worth your time. One of the main selling points of the Fusion for me is the IonBond finish, since I'm one of those prissy guys who doesn't like it when his guns get holster wear. Unfortunately, that's what's adding so much to the price.

18. AndyH

I had a chance to check out a DW CCO a while back and it is a really well made gun and i would have no reservations owning one. I just was not a fan of the grips and finish on the DW CCO. I am very happy with the Fusion this is my second one and both have been fantastic.

Took the CCo out to the range on Saturday put two hundred rounds down range with out a single issue. Accuracy was dead on and any additional recoil ue to the aluminum frame was non noticeable. This is a great handling, well balanced and easy to carry 1911.