1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Merged thread for complaints of current prices

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CLT65, Feb 18, 2013.

1. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

I understand your frustration and the desire to rant about it. I read these kinds of rants all the time, but can't see how they could possibly have any effect at all.

People that are going to camp out at Walmart and buy up the daily shipment to sell for triple are not going to be persuaded to stop by a rant, and the people who agree with you generally don't do it anyway. If I have a bunch extra and decide to sell it at a "slim profit", some "greedy SOB" is going to buy it all quick and then sell it for double himself.

My personal solution, and I currently am selling some extra 223 ammo, is to price it cheaper than what I saw at the show last weekend, but not nearly as cheap as what I bought it for a decade ago. I'm surprised at how fast it's selling. Actually I've had some of it for nearly 20 years. I figure if I haven't used it in that long, and it's selling high, then it must be time to get rid of it. :)