JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there is something wrong with my head! Last week I was going through my safe & decided I had more than enough (I hate to say "to many") 30-30 lever guns. I pulled them out, & looked them over, at this point I realized that two of them I have never even fired. I chose a 1964 Winchester model 94 to put a for sale sign on it. It sold the very next day. I gave half the money to my loving wife, & spent the other half on reloading supplies.

Yesterday, I did some "wheelin & deelin". In the proses ended up with a 4 power Leupold pistol scope, Leupold rings, on a Leopold base for a Thompson Contender. I don't own a TC, so obviously it needed to be traded off for something ells. Last night I E-mailed a buddy of mine who has a use for this set up. He just left my house with it, & I'm now the proud owner of a 1958 Marlin 336 RC in 30-30.

I think I may be nuts.

Dont feel bad I'm sure theres a few in mine that have been forgotten about and I too have a few that havent been used yet.

A few years back I brought home a 1976 Glenfield model 30A, in 30-30. It has the "stamped" checkering & deer head in the stock (that is a little ruff) and some of the bluing is gone. For reasons beyond my comprehension, my wife fell in love with it.

Last night my wife picked up that 336, ran the lever a few times, dry fired it a few times, then looked at me with this big smile :winkkiss: & said, "this one's mine"! I said "what about the Glenfield", she tells me "do what ever you want with it, this one's mine".

I may be putting the Glenfield up for trade! Any one want to trade there 30-30 for my 30-30!:s0112:

I am jealous, I am saving pennies so I can get my first 30-30. Hopefully by summer I will have one. Lol they are a lot cheaper for us southpaws than a bolt action.

Dont feel bad I'm sure there's a few in mine that have been forgotten about and I too have a few that haven't been used yet.

Know what you mean: I put 2 of my Taurus PT-145's in the safe before we went on a cruise to Alaska, left (I thought) the third one out and hidden in the house. When we came back I could NOT find that third one for over a year! Then while rummaging around in the safe for ammo, there it was in the back corner!

I have a friend (yes, I have some) that "lost" an Airweight in a wicker basket on the table beside his easy chair for months. It was so light he kept missing it when he picked the basket up. Guess he didn't dig down to the bottom much.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show