JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HEAR Act, as opposed to the Hearing Protection Act... needs to come up with better material.

And no doubt Trump will roll over and let it happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEAR Act, as opposed to the Hearing Protection Act...the political side I am not allowed to mention here without having my post deleted by a Mod, needs to come up with better material.

And no doubt Trump will roll over and let it happen.

I dunno.

At some point Trump will realize that ticking off a good chunk of his base will have a dire affect on his campaign. Like Bush Sr, but Bush Sr realized too late & couldn't backpedal.

Personally I don't see him "rolling over", rather making some type of hype out of it, if it actually gets legs. That's what he does.

Mind, just because he Twitter-pated, does not actually mean it will be his agenda. Part of the game played back at the MSM

...and yes I do realize he Twitter-pated a dislike of suppressors. That was a while ago, and only now is someone from the other party picking it up legislatively. Interesting.

I dunno.

At some point Trump will realize that ticking off a good chunk of his base will have a dire affect on his campaign. Like Bush Sr, but Bush Sr realized too late & couldn't backpedal.

Personally I don't see him "rolling over", rather making some type of hype out of it, if it actually gets legs. That's what he does.

Mind, just because he Twitter-pated, does not actually mean it will be his agenda. Part of the game played back at the MSM

...and yes I do realize he Twitter-pated a dislike of suppressors. That was a while ago, and only now is someone from the other party picking it up legislatively. Interesting.

Q: When will he realize he has been chipping away at his base?

A: When he loses the 2020 election.

He has antagonized the rural base and some blue collar workers with his tariffs and 'trade war' and they are a larger base than the pro second amendment base IMO. Yet he continues to say "oh, they are patriotic farmers - they support me". So I don't think he will care about the pro second amendment base.

We'll see. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but so far I don't see it.

The percentage of people who care about NFA stuff is extremely small, even within the gun community. If they think it would be beneficial politically, they would throw the minority right under the bus to appease the majority.

I'm not especially surprised or worried that a fierce gun control Democrat advocate from New Jersey is proposing to ban more "evil" firearm accessories. If the senate was Democrat and Hillary was president then I would be concerned.

hypothetical....if they did outlaw suppressors, would we have to turn in ONLY the serialized part? IE: some suppressors allow the baffles to come out and thus only the outer tube is the serialized part.

just crossed my mind kind of like handing them a stripped lower and keeping the rest of the parts.

hypothetical....if they did outlaw suppressors, would we have to turn in ONLY the serialized part? IE: some suppressors allow the baffles to come out and thus only the outer tube is the serialized part.

just crossed my mind kind of like handing them a stripped lower and keeping the rest of the parts.
I believe the ATF has classified baffles/internal parts as suppressors too?

I believe the ATF has classified baffles/internal parts as suppressors too?

Correct. From the NFA Handbook (emphasis added):

2.1.7 Silencer. A firearm silencer and a firearm muffler are defined as any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm. Firearm silencers are generally composed of an outer tube, internal baffles, a front end cap, and a rear end cap.

The definition of a silencer also includes any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler.

The following illustration depicts parts that are designed and intended for use in assembling a firearm silencer. Another example of parts redesigned and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer are automotive engine freeze plugs that have been modified by drilling a hole through their center to permit passage of a bullet.

Also included within the silencer definition is any part intended only for use in the assembly or fabrication of a firearm silencer.

Bob? Is that you Bob???

"To request that they immediately begin developing stricter regulations for air guns, BB guns, imitations and toy guns"

And the beat goes on:

Salomon Melgen, a Menendez political donor, was also on trial. Prosecutors said Menendez took gifts from Melgen, a Florida eye doctor, including a luxury hotel stay, private jet flights and campaign donations, in exchange for which he tried to help Melgen get U.S. visas for his girlfriends, intervened in the eye doctor's $8.9 million billing dispute with Medicare, and assisted with a port security contract of Melgen's in the Dominican Republic. https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...07fea957bd5_story.html?utm_term=.cc935fd0251b

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top