JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What morons. If these morons could just get the terminology right. o_O

"A gun silencer, also known as a suppressor, attaches to the barrel of a firearm and muffles the sound and kickback of a gun. Silencers pose a great danger to law enforcement officers and the public since they are unable to detect the location of an active shooter. Although there are laws currently in place to regulate gun silencers, Republicans have continuously fought to deregulate the deadly devices. A nationwide ban on silencers would ensure the devices are not trafficked into states, such as New Jersey, where they are already prohibited."

Other way around morons. It's a suppressor, AKA "silencer" And, no, it's not kickback morons. It's "recoil", or maybe slangy, "kick". Kickback is what you shyster politicians get for doing shady under the table shenanigans for wealthy business men et al. And once again you morons, a suppressor is no more dangerous to anyone than a rock sitting buy the side of the road.

Silencers pose a great danger to law enforcement officers and the public since they are unable to detect the location of an active shooter.

I agree with you Mikej!! I know we've been thru this before, and the charts have been posted showing the sound levels, but allow me a refresher... :)

An unsuppressed Glock 17 9mm = 162db... that's instant hearing loss territory.

A suppressed Glock 17 9mm = 126db... that's still in the painful category. So how can the officers not be able to locate the sound... yeah, not true... fake news.

For comparison:

101-125 dB Extremely Loud. 110 decibels and over is the level at which other sounds can't really be heard. Aircraft takeoff, trains, and very loud concerts would fall into the 110+ decibel level. 126+ dB, Painful.125 decibels is where noise actually starts to get painful.

Is Bob saying officers would be unable to locate a very loud concert? Is he saying that officers would be unable to locate a jet aircraft taking off? Is Bob saying that officers would be unable to locate a train blowing it's horn while barreling down on them? Really???

Last Edited:
HEAR Act, as opposed to the Hearing Protection Act... needs to come up with better material.

And no doubt Trump will roll over and let it happen.

Exactly what would you like King Trump to do? Fall on the floor and throw a temper tantrum? Perhaps tweet about it? Since King Trump can't make law, that takes Senators and the House, you know those ones gun owners put there, to make a law, exactly what is Trump supposed to do? Did you perhaps look at the 2018 election? Did you see a wave of people put in who support gun rights? I missed that. So again gun owners allowed and supported anti gun people to congress, so I know, lets blame Trump. In 2020 is we blame him enough we can get another Hilary as POTUS and "poof", suppressors will be fine, right?
This is how gun owners seem to be determined to have CA type gun laws made national. Then of course it will all be the POTUS who did it. He put all those anti gun Congress people in there. <sigh>
The same people who own guns yet support people who are old enough to join the Military not being able to buy a gun, and or say you do not need an AR because they do not want one, you really think these gun owners are going to support Trump if he says he wants Silencers made easy to get? Sure way to win in 2020, Trump supports people being able to buy Silencers. Make a great campaign ad. That will get those gun owners to change their mind alright.

He didn't roll over on the wall...

He did enable the bumpstock ban, and says he doesn't like suppressors. Perhaps he could just say nothing.

He didn't roll over on the wall...

He did enable the bumpstock ban, and says he doesn't like suppressors. Perhaps he could just say nothing.

Great, lets make sure he loses. That will fix this. Since the day he won a LOT of gun owners have lamented Hilary not winning. A lot of gun owners got the House packed with Anti gun people. A lot of gun owners are doing everything they can to make sure we get the person the Dems put up as the next POTUS. Just as with Kate in OR, I hope gun owners are real happy when they get what they asked for, again. Of course we all know what will happen. Right after the gun owners get what they ask for, they will be super angry. Amazing to watch this happen every couple years.

Not sure what I posted that set you off.

I don't dislike the guy, and will vote him back into office. I'm just pointing out the fact I don't expect him to do, or facilitate anything positive for the 2A wish list items.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top