JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
is a garbage dump again. Seems like we just cleaned that a few months ago and its a littered with pallets, sinks, some sort of electronix equipment and the usual cans bottles glass and other crap.

no point to this post other than we should probably get up there and work our magix again.

Gelfreak you out there?

is a garbage dump again. Seems like we just cleaned that a few months ago and its a littered with pallets, sinks, some sort of electronix equipment and the usual cans bottles glass and other crap.

no point to this post other than we should probably get up there and work our magix again.

Gelfreak you out there?
Why cant people clean up their garbage so others can enjoy the area too:angry:!?!?

Because unfortunetly they think someone else will do it and they can not take responsibility. I am up for going and doing some clean up. Memaloose is just outside of estacada up the paved road 6.5miles or so right?

Because unfortunetly they think someone else will do it and they can not take responsibility. I am up for going and doing some clean up. Memaloose is just outside of estacada up the paved road 6.5miles or so right?

Let me know when it is, If I can break away, I will help, maybe bring the kids...for more enforcement of the lessons I have been teaching since they were young.

I have this problem were I work/live. We actually found information left as to who the dumper is. After a talk, The problem lightened up a little.
Be well.

its not so much dumping as it is dumping crap to shoot. you typically wont find mattresses and yard debris, but you will find everyting breakable.

guys we may have to wait until spring for this - it was really wet today and I suspect snow is just around the corner there - perhaps april. we'll need lots of heavy lifting by then i suspect.

Should be pretty easy, you shoot a tv, you take the parts home with you. I know i have shot large debri and I always pick up all peices. Guess people just think it fits with the landscape?
I would be down for a cleanup someday(sans rain)

a pal and I go up outside of Estacada every week or two, usually to the same spot... (sorry I just can't recall at the moment the nearest cross-road or the particular road ID # I'll make a note of it next time we go up, probably Wednesday). And the main issue at this spot is the bizillions of shotgun shells.... it is RIDICULOUS.
Though we always haul off way more than just our own stuff, we're gonna try to haul out an extra big load this time up and advice would be appreciated-- I don't know the 'correct' way to dispose of them. Take 'em to the dump? Add 'em to the curb-side trash? make crazy robot sculptures out of 'em??:s0114: Really, that last method is what I've really been considering!

As far as the brass goes, heck I dunno on that, either! I think so far it's just been accumulating at his house... Advice appreciated.

As far as the brass goes, heck I dunno on that, either! I think so far it's just been accumulating at his house... Advice appreciated.

Yeah, no doubt. I have probably 23-35 pounds of non-reloadable brass bagged in the garage somewhere. If I had a 20 ton shop press, I'd make a bar mold and press the craps out of the brass and get it into compact and heavy chunks that I could use as utility weights (bed of the truck or trunk of car in the winter, hold down tarp corners, etc...).

I really wish I could melt them and cast them into useful (to me) shapes and forms - but fumes from melting case brass are apparently pretty damn toxic.

I was up there about a month ago and it was not too bad at that time. But people were leaving their targets and not cleaning up.

We hauled out everything we brought in and cleaned up a lot of brass.

But the place needs to be raked clean and the garbage hauled off to the dump.

I will be available for a clean up, as long as its not during Elk hunting season. I wonder when the roads will be closed up there?

i have heard you can take non reloadable brass to a metal recycler and make some money. But count me in for the clean up, not to mention any brass that i can collect that is reloadable.:D

Gelfreak you out there?

is the county 45 rock pit?

i am surprised the state hasn't closed this, it is a mess , and don't even try to go up there on a weekend, i tried to clean up 3 weeks ago and filled 3 55 gal bags didn't even put a dent in it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top