JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ok went to memaloose last sunday. march 1st, and there is patches of snow going up towards the top, and the pit is about 1 to 1-1/2 foot deep with snow/ice. 4x4 is recomended, though a car may be able to make it most of the way to a lower shooting area.

I was up there over the weekend with my son and at the 3 - 4 mile range in right before the gravel pit it was totally trashed. So... My son and myself stop to look. I picked up a 5 gal. bucket of shotgun shells and 2 kitchen trash bags of trash ( it's all I had ) and then went up the rest of the way to the pit. There has been talk of a NWFA trade show and think that it would be good to make up some signs ( Cleaned by NWFA.com - Keep It Clean ) and maybe have some get togethers and clean up some of the differant shooting areas. The only reason that I say this is that on the way back down there was a group of people trashing the area again. Just my two cents. Thanks.

I think that sounds like a great idea. I am kind of dissapointed in this site for not doing more for our gun rights. When I joined back in november there was always talk of doing good things and getting out there. I guess Joey is busy or has lost interest. This forum has just turned into another place for gun nuts to talk and trade. Dont get me wrong, I love this site and think its an amazing tool to have, I would just like to see NWFA doing some more activities.

Ya, I was just thinking the other day, that we haven't had a get-together in a very long time.

I know Open-carry.org occasionally does picnics and stuff, which are always fun, we could try doing something like that.

I think doing anything to get our name out there, do some clean ups ect is a great idea. I just feel like some of the members in charge of the forum should be the ones planning it. It seems that members always have ideas that never happen and the mods never seem to make it happen. I dono but maybe there is a good reason for this

I do understand, but mods are few while members are many.

I would think the mods/owners would/should endorse the idea (lay ground-rules) and then those that volunteer can organize an event such as clean-ups for other members. I think it's asking a lot to mod the forum and plan a bunch of events in conjunction to their personal and work life. (Or that may just be me):)

Does the forum have a group of people (or forum) that are interested in planning/organizing activities? Is there a Mod that is interested or can Mr. Link appoint someone who is willing/able? :s0155:

Having people that are appointed to organizing such things would be nice. I guess I am not much of a leader nor do I have the recourses and time to get things started.

Does the forum have a group of people (or forum) that are interested in planning/organizing activities? Is there a Mod that is interested or can Mr. Link appoint someone who is willing/able? :s0155:

We have had a many discussions about organizing local events, we just never get around to telling you guys about them, or getting them organized :s0114:

But if there are any members that want to organize an event, such as a shoot and cleanup, I'm sure if its well organized and thought out, it has our support. I've been trying to organize a Corvallis area shoot and clean up, up on mary's peak, but the weather and my schedule just haven't been cooperating.

Took a quick trip up there to do recon... brought back photos so that if/when we get together to do a cleanup we know what to expect: <broken link removed>

(yeah, some of the photos are crap... only had my point and shoot with me...)

We are a new company that got started to address this issue actually. I am not sure if this is in violation of the rules for advertising or not, but our company Oregon Brass LLC <broken link removed> is organizing a group tarp shoot, to help fund clean up specifically in the Memaloose area. We are local to the area, and have been shooting there for years.

Right now the forest service is seriously looking at closing the area off similar to what was done and miller road (Salmon river rock quarry) and road 14. We want to stop this from happening and we have a solution to the problem. Every weekend my business partner and i go out and pick up trash plus spent casings. we then deprime and clean the cases to near factory condition to be sold to re-loaders. all the proceeds right now are going towards cleaning up the area.

We are going to hold our Tarp shoot with in the next month to two months and we plan to hold one at least once every 3 months. after the shoot we are looking for volunteers to help pick up the other ranges on the way down from the quarry at the top. (the clean up part isnt required of any one participating but it would be nice)

If it ok with the mods and this community we would like to use this thread for a little bit to get an idea of interest in this event, and as soon as we have a date set start a new tread with all the details. we are planning on having a BBQ up there with food and drinks for sale and hopefully an ammo vendor.

We feel this is a private solution to a public problem. The government isn't going to spend the money to clean these areas up, they will just close them down. we are providing ammunition for pro gun rights groups against the environmentalist that have started to attack our rights also. look at what has happened in California with no lead bullet sales. our company helps organizations like OFF or OHA keep the forests open to us shooters.

So if you are interested please post here, or feel free to email us for more information at [email protected]

sorry if this is in violation but this is the perfect opportunity to get a group tarp shoot organized and get some members of this community together for some fun.

Thanks,
TonsOfOregonBrass / Oregon-Brass

I have been hoping to learn of a group shoot so that I can feel SAFE out in the sticks with others to watch my back! I also have a bad back and can't pick up my own shells, so it's great to have others interested in them.

I suggest opening a new thread in this board to keep us posted on the dates/times. Thanks for proposing this!..........................elsullo :s0155:

What would also be handy is a specific target area/berm/backstop that could periodically be mined for metal, keeping it in a relatively confined area and away from any water runoff. If I had a tractor with a loader I'd already be doing it, if for no other reason than to keep the lead issue suppressed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top