JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, Long time reader, but I finally had a reason to post. This weekend I met two of the guys from Oregon Brass LLC, at the Expo Gun Show in portland. WoW talk about two dudes that are working hard to clean up Clackamas County.
Anyways, I talked to them at the gun show while they were handing out some simple fliers, and I really thought the guys were just a gimmick trying to make a fast buck. Well after I left the gun show I was still unsure about their intentions.
I bought a new Handgun at the gun show and some ammo. I decided Saturday was such a great sunny day I went up 224 to do some shooting. Most of the lower ranges were already taken so I drove all the way up to the rock quarry (and yes the snow has melted enough to get up to it now btw) at the rock quarry there was the same two guys and an older gentalman picking up trash. It was just the three of them, and they only had a 3/4 ton chevy to hall out the trash, but they were actually there.
I felt bad about taking up some of their time up there, but I was able to spend a few minutes thanking them.
I really think they are on to something, and if we are going to retain our rights as shooters, maybe these guys are actually helping us keep them. One thing we can all do to help is go to there website, and either donate or volunteer to help clean up. I am brooke right now its tough economic times, but I will be there next Sunday helping them clean up.

We are a new company that got started to address this issue actually. I am not sure if this is in violation of the rules for advertising or not, but our company Oregon Brass LLC <broken link removed> is organizing a group tarp shoot, to help fund clean up specifically in the Memaloose area. We are local to the area, and have been shooting there for years.

Right now the forest service is seriously looking at closing the area off similar to what was done and miller road (Salmon river rock quarry) and road 14. We want to stop this from happening and we have a solution to the problem. Every weekend my business partner and i go out and pick up trash plus spent casings. we then deprime and clean the cases to near factory condition to be sold to re-loaders. all the proceeds right now are going towards cleaning up the area.

We are going to hold our Tarp shoot with in the next month to two months and we plan to hold one at least once every 3 months. after the shoot we are looking for volunteers to help pick up the other ranges on the way down from the quarry at the top. (the clean up part isnt required of any one participating but it would be nice)

If it ok with the mods and this community we would like to use this thread for a little bit to get an idea of interest in this event, and as soon as we have a date set start a new tread with all the details. we are planning on having a BBQ up there with food and drinks for sale and hopefully an ammo vendor.

We feel this is a private solution to a public problem. The government isn't going to spend the money to clean these areas up, they will just close them down. we are providing ammunition for pro gun rights groups against the environmentalist that have started to attack our rights also. look at what has happened in California with no lead bullet sales. our company helps organizations like OFF or OHA keep the forests open to us shooters.

So if you are interested please post here, or feel free to email us for more information at [email protected]

sorry if this is in violation but this is the perfect opportunity to get a group tarp shoot organized and get some members of this community together for some fun.

Thanks,
TonsOfOregonBrass / Oregon-Brass

I have a half ton pickup and would like to help.
Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top