Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

memaloose road passable?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by mudslinging79, Dec 14, 2010.

1. mudslinging79

mudslinging79 oregn Member

am wondering if the road to the pit is still passable, have rig with 2 foot ground clearance and chains if needed...

2. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

503-630-6861. Call and ask the rangers.

3. MichaelStrick9

MichaelStrick9 Portland Member

I was up at Memaloose earlier today. Is anyone missing a dog? I saw one up there near one of the spots I like, and there was no one else around. It was just sitting there, calm as could be. I hollered out, asking if anyone was around. No response, no other cars nearby. This dog looked to be some kind of hound-lab mix, medium-large in size, off-white coat. Not knowing it's health, I didn't approach it.

4. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

I called the Rangers about an hour ago; they told me 4" snow above 1500' and accumulations get much deeper further up (even over 2000'). They advised chains and caution. Ha, dang I wanted to careen recklessly on bald tires :) *edit* jeez I hope somebody was with the dog & just out of earshot!*

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  5. MichaelStrick9

MichaelStrick9 Portland Member

I was able to get about 4 miles before I backtracked due to snow (2 wheel drive). That's just past the cross in the road where I saw the dog, where they have the road going off to the west blocked off with boulders.