JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
Need an update if any snow on the road this morning. My 2-wheel drive Nissan pickup won't make it if there is. Not sure of the elevation there. Got below freezing last night.

Got there just after 9 but I had to leave early around 1 to go to work this afternoon. There was a good turnout and a lot of work done. There was a good amount of forest service folk out there too. Even the FS LEO's were cleaning up garbage and shotgun shells. Here's a pic of the first pit after it was cleaned to compare with the pics posted earlier of it filthy.
photo-5.JPG

Way to go! Great job! You're my kind of people!

Was there any other groups there? Many individual volunteers? Did you get to do any shooting?

I'll be awaiting the pics!

Bill

Way to go! Great job! You're my kind of people!

Was there any other groups there? Many individual volunteers? Did you get to do any shooting?

I'll be awaiting the pics!

Bill

No shooting due to clean up in adjacent pits after the main one was finished. Not appropriate today.
A large number of employees from the forest service, including the LEO's.
A number of Solve volunteers.
About 11 from NWF.
Clackamas County illegal dump organization. I'm sorry, but I can't remember their offical name.

I got there about 11 am. Found a great deal on a rototiller up in Amboy on Craig's list last night and had to go get it first thing this morning before someone else did. It was a really good thing to be working along side of the FS people on this project. I'm sure they see us a little differently now. We need to do this on a regular basis. A few of us did a little shooting later on after the event was over. A good time as had by all.

Here are a couple pics of the results:

Clean1.jpg
Clean2.jpg

It was a great day. We got a lot of work done, Thanks to everyone who made it.
Compared to many other volunteer work parties I've done, to get 11 show up of 13 that signed up is as good as it gets. It was good to meet some of the members here that I didn't know and do some plinking afterwards.
There are going to be more volunteer opportunities coming up for this area and a few others. I'll get the details up after I get them worked out.

It was a great day. We got a lot of work done, Thanks to everyone who made it.
Compared to many other volunteer work parties I've done, to get 11 show up of 13 that signed up is as good as it gets. It was good to meet some of the members here that I didn't know and do some plinking afterwards.
There are going to be more volunteer opportunities coming up for this area and a few others. I'll get the details up after I get them worked out.

12 out of 13

I received this message from the Forest Service

Hello,
Saturday's Earth Day clean-up was a huge success thanks to the support from all of you and our dedicated partners. We had 50 individual volunteers and 17 Forest Service employees participate and we cleaned up 13,800lbs. of trash. Molly informed me this was the single largest haul Dump Stoppers has ever picked up in one days' time! Thank you all for helping to make this event such a positive and worthwhile experience for everyone involved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top