JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
I Don't ever shoot here due to the amount of people, but I will help clean up. This area is due for a really good clean up. My wife is going to come to help clean too.

I shot at this place for a few years, just called it "the Memaloose quarry" until I found it's proper name on a forestry map. "Helion" . Yes, it's over the bridge and up the windy road about eight miles. Up until a few years ago, the forestry service kept it really clean. Funding was cut, and now days it looks like a dump! It really need's our help!

Last Edited:
@Joe Link hey do we need to register for this event at the link mentioned in your original post? i'd hate to not register and then show up, only to be turned away for not having agreed to their safety waiver or something. i went to their page and they have an option to register yourself as a member of a group. i tried that but NWFA did not show up for me in the drop down menu. the site said if the group didn't show up, then maybe your group hasn't registered for the cleanup.

@Joe Link hey do we need to register for this event at the link mentioned in your original post? i'd hate to not register and then show up, only to be turned away for not having agreed to their safety waiver or something. i went to their page and they have an option to register yourself as a member of a group. i tried that but NWFA did not show up for me in the drop down menu. the site said if the group didn't show up, then maybe your group hasn't registered for the cleanup.

Laura with MHNF said we do not need to register. I am going to ask how we get on the volunteer organization list though.

Hi everyone! This is Kaleen from SOLVE - I just wanted to pass along some details for you as I saw a couple of good questions above - to signup for the event you can register in advance as an individual or as a group through our website, or if you'd like you can also show up on the day and fill out a short safety waiver there onsite with the event coordinator - here is the link to the website page: http://solveoregon.org/get-involved/events/target-shooting-cleanup

If you are interested in getting on our mailing list you can email us at [email protected] or you can go to www.solveoregon.org and enter your email at the bottom left hand corner of the page where it says Stay Connected. We also have facebook, twitter and instagram accounts with regular updates about what's going on and how you can get involved in a local project or start your own with SOLVE's support.

Thanks for your support, I hope you all have a great time at the event!

It's past the way station, on the right over the bridge (memaloose rd) and then 6.8 or 8.6 miles up on the left. I don't remember which. Can't miss it though. I'll see if I'm working. If not I'd love to go. Was up there last weekend. Lots of people shooting May be hard to clean up

Well as much as I would like to say that myself and crew will be there again in the truck and camper, with my daughter due to deliver my first grandchild this tuesday, I cannot totally commit. She was there last cleanup (although hiding in camper trying to protect dog's and unborn baby's ears while we shot) with the big belly and big wolf looking dog. :)

Wife will be 20 weeks pregnant on Monday (Yes, that is my 1st grandchild and my last child born all in same year) so she cannot shoot anymore until after baby is born and needs to take it easy.

I will commit to a definite MAYBE though and hope at least I can make it, and maybe even be able to bring my son-in-law if the situation (read=my daughter) allows him to leave for a day.

I am so glad steps are being taken to protect our areas from being closed down. I am thinking it would be cool to have some signs made up that say something to the effect of "This area was cleaned by the people of NWFA to help protect our shooting areas. Please do your part to keep it clean." Of course this would likely end up a target sadly enough.

Thanks again to Joe Link for bringing us like minded folks together like this and to try to make a difference in our forests. Strength in numbers ya know.

Hi everyone! This is Kaleen from SOLVE - I just wanted to pass along some details for you as I saw a couple of good questions above - to signup for the event you can register in advance as an individual or as a group through our website, or if you'd like you can also show up on the day and fill out a short safety waiver there onsite with the event coordinator - here is the link to the website page: http://solveoregon.org/get-involved/events/target-shooting-cleanup

If you are interested in getting on our mailing list you can email us at [email protected] or you can go to www.solveoregon.org and enter your email at the bottom left hand corner of the page where it says Stay Connected. We also have facebook, twitter and instagram accounts with regular updates about what's going on and how you can get involved in a local project or start your own with SOLVE's support.

Thanks for your support, I hope you all have a great time at the event!

Very cool that you chimed in on this, Kaleen! Welcome aboard. Coffee's just down the hall, make yourself comfortable.

This is great encouragement that you are directly involved with our community and are interested in our concerns. Thank you!

Now, we just need to get her a cool Avatar. Perhaps with an AK, pistol in each hand, bullet belts and sunglasses! Awesome! Caption would read; "I SOLVE problems!"

Bill

Has anyone created an event page on FB for this? That would really help get the word out as I could share with friends that are on FB but not NWFA.
I've passed the word however for this it really needs someone that has influence there to post it. Most of my influence is in WA. (Not for lack of trying, just seems they don't seem interested in uniting together as a coalition and therefore I don't have much pull there)

BTW, if you (or someone else from OR) would like to start an event for it I'll try to promote it. Maybe drum up a few extra bodies for it.

I've passed the word however for this it really needs someone that has influence there to post it. Most of my influence is in WA. (Not for lack of trying, just seems they don't seem interested in uniting together as a coalition and therefore I don't have much pull there)

BTW, if you (or someone else from OR) would like to start an event for it I'll try to promote it. Maybe drum up a few extra bodies for it.

Since i will probably not make it with my grandbaby coming, i don't want to be the one that does a FB page. But i have been cross posting the heck out of it. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top