JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
We're very happy to announce our first clean-up in conjunction with Mt Hood National Forest and Solve! Please use the poll above to indicate whether you can make it.

The Clackamas River Ranger District of the Mt. Hood NF and SOLVE are co-sponsoring a Clean – up Day on Saturday, April 26 at Helion Pit from 9:00-3:00. This Earth Day event will be a fun & worthwhile effort to clear the area of garbage, target trash and debris. Volunteers can sign up at <broken link removed>

Volunteers need to bring lunch, water bottles, and wear work boots and leather gloves if they have them. If not, we will have gloves to lend. We will supply trash bags etc. Helion Pit is located on Forest Service Road 45 (Memaloose Rd.) off of Highway 224.

Flyer_Clean-Up_42614-page-001.jpg

I have never been to this place but I would like to help if I am not working. Maybe we could set up a place to meet at 8 or so and drive up together or maybe breakfast at 7 someplace and head out. just a thought.
Thanks for the post.

Work day for me as well. Is that the spot about a mile or so past the bridge on the left? With the small parking area and the gate to the left?

Been doing it on my own for years at various locations...when there were more locations.
Nice to do it with an organized group with like minded friends.
Thanks Joe!

We're very happy to announce our first clean-up in conjunction with Mt Hood National Forest and Solve! Please use the poll above to indicate whether you can make it.

This is great, Joe! I'd love to make this, but, relatives visiting from out of town on the 26th.

This is important that we do our best to represent the firearms community on this project. As Solve says; "Mt Hood National Forest managers are seeking the assistance of interested volunteers and groups willing to lend a hand during our Earth Day weekend cleanup." If we want a say on future target shooting lands, we better get involved. What better way than to help with clean up of shooting sites.

We, (NWFA), are the leading group that should be making a big showing to Mt Hood National Forest and Solve. We need a lot of volunteers for this project to make them sit up and take notice that we care. Time is short. Time to take action!

Good score Joe!

Bill

The link has directions. Different spot than I was thinking. I was thinking it was the rock quarry above Promontory. This one is the one to the right on the other side of the Clackamas river above Lazy Bend Campground. (Bridge just before Lazy Bend Campground) I think it's just past the spot where the old ranger station use to be many years ago.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top