Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Memaloose Rd Helion Pit Clean-Up - April 26th

Discussion in 'Community Outreach 2014' started by Joe Link, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

We're very happy to announce our first clean-up in conjunction with Mt Hood National Forest and Solve! Please use the poll above to indicate whether you can make it.

2. husker

husker portland Active Member

I have never been to this place but I would like to help if I am not working. Maybe we could set up a place to meet at 8 or so and drive up together or maybe breakfast at 7 someplace and head out. just a thought.
    Thanks for the post.

Joe Link likes this.
  3. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

I have shot there a lot. it needs love and more responsible shooters. It's awork day for me , but God Bless Ya!!!

4. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Work day for me as well. Is that the spot about a mile or so past the bridge on the left? With the small parking area and the gate to the left?

5. PotshotJim

PotshotJim Oregon Member

Registered, will be there.

Cogs and Joe Link like this.
  6. skydiver

skydiver Sandy,OR Well-Known Member

Been doing it on my own for years at various locations...when there were more locations.
    Nice to do it with an organized group with like minded friends.
    Thanks Joe!

Cogs and Joe Link like this.
  7. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is great, Joe! I'd love to make this, but, relatives visiting from out of town on the 26th.

This is important that we do our best to represent the firearms community on this project. As Solve says; "Mt Hood National Forest managers are seeking the assistance of interested volunteers and groups willing to lend a hand during our Earth Day weekend cleanup." If we want a say on future target shooting lands, we better get involved. What better way than to help with clean up of shooting sites.

We, (NWFA), are the leading group that should be making a big showing to Mt Hood National Forest and Solve. We need a lot of volunteers for this project to make them sit up and take notice that we care. Time is short. Time to take action!

Good score Joe!

Bill

8. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

I should be able to make this one as well.

ocarolan and Joe Link like this.
  9. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Wow, I wish I could make this one. I grew up right above this and know the area well. Still might try to find a way to get out there.

Joe Link likes this.
  10. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

11. GunRightsCoalition

I shared it into the group I lead in Oregon that has the most likelihood of getting on board. I'll look at it later today and see if they picked up on it.

12. Joe Link

Thanks!

13. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

I am thinking it is the one over the bridge after the reservoir and 7-8 miles up the windy road. Which one of us is correct?

14. Joe Link

I believe it is the pit near the top of the road, 7-8 miles up.

15. GunRightsCoalition

The link has directions. Different spot than I was thinking. I was thinking it was the rock quarry above Promontory. This one is the one to the right on the other side of the Clackamas river above Lazy Bend Campground. (Bridge just before Lazy Bend Campground) I think it's just past the spot where the old ranger station use to be many years ago.

16. Penaltybox1

Penaltybox1 Pacific NW Member

I will do my best to be there !

ocarolan and Joe Link like this.
  17. GunRightsCoalition

Maybe check with OFF if you haven't already?

Joe Link likes this.
  18. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

I'm in!

See you there and I am looking forward to meeting you all.

I will promote this.

Joe Link likes this.
  19. Phillip Boisselle

Phillip Boisselle Oregon city Member

It's my town. I feel kind of obligated.

Joe Link likes this.
  20. PDX

PDX PDX Active Member 2016 Volunteer

Am happy to help out! Let's hope for sunshine!

Joe Link likes this.