JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

would you pay a day use fee at Memaloose

• $1

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • $2

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • $3

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • I wouldn't pay anything

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
The fee wouldn't be used to line the governments pockets. it would go to our company and would be used to fund the management and clean up of the area.

This is conceptual right now. we are not sure if the forest service will go for it. We are not sure if we are going to present it as a solution. But we are investigating it.

As for the first 6.8 miles being unsafe, we want to get some NRA instructors to come in and do an evaluation to determine which ranges are dangerous or unsafe (if you know one, or are one and are willing to help PM me). The rock quarry's are not accessible in the winter. The use fees would also be used to create a couple NRA standard ranges. once created the fees would be used to maintain the ranges / facilities.

The gov pays for a builds boat ramps in the area. Why not build some range areas for folks who do stuff besides fish and ride the rapids? Instead of closing off the areas, you'd think the government would be looking at ways to keep folks using the areas but in better ways. Guess when it comes to firearms, "NO" is the status quo to gov agencies :( Does anyone know of anyone in the Estacada area that is involved in local government? They might want to know why fewer folks pass through town buying gas, food, and permits.

Oh and to answer the question, yes I would be willing to pay to use the area if the money stayed with the range and there was some sort of personell(range officer,Sherriff, or Ranger) present more often through the area to insure it stays clean and reletively safe by running off the troublemakers. Maybe some training for the rangers themselves from someone on our side so they know the laws and what they can expect to see.

I don't have a problem with spending a few bucks. But something is very wrong when you can not take your son out and go shoot in the woods and spend a day together.

I haven't been up there in a few years but when my son and I did shoot we would always take a rake and garbage bags with us and spend time cleaning up the trash left by the tweekers. It's sad that people think it's okay to dump trash in the forest. Gary

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top