JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went up yesterday to test the new gsg
Snow in the shade at the Rock pit at the top
but road is clear the whole way up. (Friend took his Avalon)
All the side spots that people used to shoot on the side
roads are all dug up and no shooting signs until the pit
The place Looks better
but the pit is still trashed
me and 3 friends took a bag of trash out each
we need to do a clean up there
-J

Went up yesterday to test the new gsg
Snow in the shade at the Rock pit at the top
but road is clear the whole way up. (Friend took his Avalon)
All the side spots that people used to shoot on the side
roads are all dug up and no shooting signs until the pit
The place Looks better
but the pit is still trashed
me and 3 friends took a bag of trash out each
we need to do a clean up there
-J

I'm in.

Me and a few friends went up friday. It was our first time here and it was a nice set up but there's garbage all over. I understand that shooting a VCR or computer is fun but how hard is it to throw your trash back into a garbage bag and take it back down? We like to shoot cheap soda in cans but we pick up our cans when we're done with them.

I think a cleaning and shooting event would be great.

Anyone want to clean up this coming Sunday 4/25/10?

We were planning on having a small machine gun shoot there, 2 or 3 guns. But it would be nice to turn it into a cleaning event also.

Either way we will be up there to shoot and clean on Sunday so come join us if you can.

Anyone want to clean up this coming Sunday 4/25/10?

We were planning on having a small machine gun shoot there, 2 or 3 guns. But it would be nice to turn it into a cleaning event also.

Either way we will be up there to shoot and clean on Sunday so come join us if you can.

Sounds GREAT! You can keep my brass too---I'll bring tarps and cardboard for targets. I can't pick up trash, but I can haul some boxes of it away. What time on Sunday?............................elsullo :s0155:

Well my search is coming up somewhat empty for this place to go shoot. The link on the first page redirects me to a road in the United Kingdom.....a lil to far to go target shoot. I did find this link through my searching so does it mean that shooting is no longer allowed in this area?

http://www.estacadanews.com/sports/story.php?story_id=125010433926560800

If you can still shoot around this area, and if it is a safe place to go could someone post a link or address that I could throw in mapquest to find my way out there? I take it you just stay on hwy 224 from I205 all the way out?

Thanks

Well my search is coming up somewhat empty for this place to go shoot. The link on the first page redirects me to a road in the United Kingdom.....a lil to far to go target shoot. I did find this link through my searching so does it mean that shooting is no longer allowed in this area?

http://www.estacadanews.com/sports/story.php?story_id=125010433926560800

If you can still shoot around this area, and if it is a safe place to go could someone post a link or address that I could throw in mapquest to find my way out there? I take it you just stay on hwy 224 from I205 all the way out?

Thanks

The article says its the first 7 miles that is closed. There is a link and directions in this thread which I'm quoting below. Unless something has changed very recently, you can still shoot there.

if you can get to estacada it is pretty easy from there.

Head up 224 towards detroit / ripplebrook. there is an old no longer used weigh station on the left side of the road around 8 miles out of estacada, once you see it (it is just a little shack) there will be a green bridge on the right. It is the first green arched bridge out of estacada. cross the bridge and stay on pavement. you need to drive 6.8 miles to the shooting ranges. there are a few ranges up there.

Hope this helps.

Not to be picky ...I'm just letting you know...but it's 6.8 miles and you can't miss it... It will be an open pit on your left... I wouldn't mind going up there soon ...Let me know and maybe we can go at the same time and I can just show you.

Good to know... Is it trashed much ??? I like to take cardboard boxes, a packing gun and paper targets. I tape that paper target onto the side of the box and toss in a couple of rocks to hold it in place and then all I have to worry about is picking up my brass and a box when I'm done. I also carry trash bags but would rather spend my time shooting then picking up someone else's trash.

Not to be picky ...I'm just letting you know...but it's 6.8 miles and you can't miss it... It will be an open pit on your left... I wouldn't mind going up there soon ...Let me know and maybe we can go at the same time and I can just show you.

I would like to go shoot whenever. The only person right now I have to go with is my wife and shes not exactly as excited about it as I am.....Just so you know, I just got my first handgun, a Hi Point C9. That is my only gun right now, until tomorrow maybe hopefully getting a .380 for my wife for her to keep put away at the house here. So, if you dont mind going with someone who is new to shooting and only owns a C9 I would be down to go any day this week assuming I get off work in time. PM me if your interested. I cant afford going over to the clack county public range to often.......

I would like to go shoot whenever. The only person right now I have to go with is my wife and shes not exactly as excited about it as I am.....Just so you know, I just got my first handgun, a Hi Point C9. That is my only gun right now, until tomorrow maybe hopefully getting a .380 for my wife for her to keep put away at the house here. So, if you dont mind going with someone who is new to shooting and only owns a C9 I would be down to go any day this week assuming I get off work in time. PM me if your interested. I cant afford going over to the clack county public range to often.......

PM sent. I don't have many guns, but you are welcome to try out what I do have. I wish I could have tried before I bought. I love what I have, but maybe I just got lucky:s0155:

Right on guys, got the pms. Maybe we can set something up for next week sometime or the following weekend. I have a ton of stuff to do this week (getting ready for the weekend...) and will be out of town this weekend.

Hey Mudslinging, are you talking auto transmission or something with guns that i dont know about? If you are talking auot trans, what are you driving and whats it doing? Im no mechanic by any means but have managed to fix a couple trans without tearing them apart.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top