JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't bother going out there now. The road is closed at the bridge. Chain and sign at the entrance to the bridge. Don't know why no sign saying why.
From the Forest website:
Forest Road 45 (Memaloose Road) to Be Temporarily Closed Weekdays Date(s): Jan 9, 2012
Forest Road 45 (Memaloose Road) will be temporarily closed during week days beginning January 11, 2012. The closure is expected to last until February 4 and is being implemented to ensure the safety of forest workers in the area. The road will be closed from its junction with Highway 224 for 7.1 miles to Torch Quarry. The road will be re-opened during weekends.

anyone going up from the hillockburn side?

From the Forest website:
Forest Road 45 (Memaloose Road) to Be Temporarily Closed Weekdays Date(s): Jan 9, 2012
Forest Road 45 (Memaloose Road) will be temporarily closed during week days beginning January 11, 2012. The closure is expected to last until February 4 and is being implemented to ensure the safety of forest workers in the area. The road will be closed from its junction with Highway 224 for 7.1 miles to Torch Quarry. The road will be re-opened during weekends.

Based on the notice, looks like you can get it from the other side.

I just got back from up there and its pretty deep. Had to dig and pull three other people out who thought they could make it so I went ahead and turned around as well. Probably over two feet and still comming down HARD when we left. I am experienced and have a full size truck with brand new BFG's but it was slow and rough comming and going. If you decide to go GOOD LUCK! Might be fun if you have a couple of guys.....

I just got back from up there and its pretty deep. Had to dig and pull three other people out who thought they could make it so I went ahead and turned around as well. Probably over two feet and still comming down HARD when we left. I am experienced and have a full size truck with brand new BFG's but it was slow and rough comming and going. If you decide to go GOOD LUCK! Might be fun if you have a couple of guys.....

ditto, snow is pretty deep and snowing hard today, go prepared.

As i expected. Goat mtn is right outside my bedroom window. All i see is white. Be prepared to stay the night when you get stuck trying to get over the mtn.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Why is the Forrest service working up there in the middle of winter with all this snow coverage? And don't say fire concerns, if seasoned 4x4'ers are having difficulty getting up there I imagine the Forrest service wouldn't have much more luck. Seems like most Forrest work is done in fall/early spring with mild temps before the sap begins to flow.

I'm pretty sure the road is closed during the week for work crews working on the road. (clearing brush from the sides and repaving what section need paving.) Obviously there's no work going on right now with the snow. And, I would venture to bet that the work planned was/has been planned for quite a while and snow was not in the forecast at time of inception.

any one been up lately,on hillock burn road? can you make it to the first gate easily? i need to test some rounds, i don't want to go all the way to the pit, just to the first area with 25 yards.

Please DO NOT shoot there. There is a NO SHOOTING policy for 6.7 miles from the bridge. Please respect that. Go all the way up to the pit, or find another place to shoot.

Please DO NOT shoot there. There is a NO SHOOTING policy for 6.7 miles from the bridge. Please respect that. Go all the way up to the pit, or find another place to shoot.

I'm pretty sure plumberfises is talking about hillockburn road and there is no bridge on hillock. I think your talking about the other side of the mountain. On the hillock side there is no sign that says no shooting for 6.7 miles.

rip you are correct, ..Garg, you are refering to the other side of the memaloose /hillockburn connection, and the bridge at memaloose crossing, I am refering to the opening of that same pit from the 213 side, thanks

any one been up lately,on hillock burn road? can you make it to the first gate easily? i need to test some rounds, i don't want to go all the way to the pit, just to the first area with 25 yards.

Although, Garg was confused about which side of the mountain you were referring to, there is still not to be any shooting behind that gate either, or the other spot just up the road where people shoot. Really the closest legal spot on the Hillock side is the big parking lot once you hit gravel, according to Sheriff's Deputy.

Although, Garg was confused about which side of the mountain you were referring to, there is still not to be any shooting behind that gate either, or the other spot just up the road where people shoot. Really the closest legal spot on the Hillock side is the big parking lot once you hit gravel, according to Sheriff's Deputy.

I'd like to talk to thar Deputy. I know it's private land up there, so it would be interesting to see what statutes he sites.

I'd like to talk to thar Deputy. I know it's private land up there, so it would be interesting to see what statutes he sites.

Were you making a joke? Because its quite obvious if its private land... here's a hint. It starts with a T and ends with respassing.

And for a short period there was a county sign posted at the upper shooting spot that listed 2 statues you would be breaking. One was criminal mischief if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

i'm lost i think, your saying the first shooting spot , where the road is still paved, where i sat and chatted with the nice gent with the fancy lights on his truck, and the shiny badge ... thats the spot where its illeagle to shoot?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top