JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a MEGA MATEN lower/upper that I have assembled into a great shooting rifle. I know that these companies merged (or ZEV bought out MEGA). It took a littl whild but ZEV now makes a 308 upper/lower set. Would anyone on here know if a ZEV upper would fit my MEGA MATEN lower???

I have wondered about it for a few years, and now that ZEV has started producing these, they have not announced anywhere (that I can find) the compatibility or lack thereof.

I have the new Zev upper/lower recvr set in AR10. I don't have a Mega Maten lower to test, but I would bet you would be fine. Call their customer care line tomorrow to confirm tho. They should be able to confirm for you.

Although I am sure it would fit, it shouldn't be expected to be a custom super tight and seamless fit. They weren't designed to be a perfect match together, so you may have slight cosmetic inconsistencies. That being said, I don't think it would have ANY effect on function or accuracy.

I have a YouTube video of my set, if you want to take a look-see. Just search Zev AR10. I built a 6.5 Creedmoor with mine.

Last Edited:
Here's a picture of my build.

20181017_202649.jpg

Nice looking rifle. I like you rcheek piece. My MATEN is 6.5CM as well. That sucker is a tack driver. And it functions very well now that I have an adjustable gas block.
I haven't seen any ZEV uppers for sale solo yet, but I have been thinking about getting the set and it would be nice to have them interchangeable.

I believe you can get the Zev uppers from their website. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can as I almost placed an order for a complete .308 upper back around Christmas time.

If you're ever in the Bellevue WA area, PM me and we can meet up so you can try your lower with my upper for fitment compatibility check. I'd be happy to help if I can.