JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am drafting a letter for email notifying her not to contact me for this week leading up to the surgery and for the 5 days there after. Will notify her to look for other housing when her lease expires.

Sounds like you're still corresponding. It's impossible to ask for or to expect a no-contact, harassing or stalking order or request when you are still contacting her.

This is a slippery slope. My boys roommate invited a girl over to spend the night. She turned out to be a fruitcake, and could not be legally removed without due process, since she was in-fact invited in originally.

I'm certainly not offering legal advice, but about the time we think we know the law, we're quickly reminded we don't, or worse, the enforcers don't know either. When my boy tried evicting his friends date, he was given very contradictory advice by different folks in law enforcement and the judicial system. The final word from the DA's office was she could not be evicted. Even this skank knew she had rights, and said, "you can't kick me out". My boy ended up moving, and losing everything he had invested in his lease.

Last Edited:
Sounds like you're still corresponding. It's impossible to ask for or to expect a no-contact, harassing or stalking order or request when you are still contacting her.

This is a slippery slope. My boys roommate invited a girl over to spend the night. She turned out to be a fruitcake, and could not be legally removed without due process, since she was in-fact invited in originally.

I'm certainly not offering legal advice, but about the time we think we know the law, we're quickly reminded we don't, or worse, the enforcers don't know either. When my boy tried evicting his friends date, he was given very contradictory advice by different folks in law enforcement and the judicial system. The final word from the DA's office was she could not be evicted. My boy ended up moving.
Aren't those the rules for vampires in Dracula? Seems the rules for blood suckers are at least similar.

I hope all your guns are in a safe with a combination she doesn't have. A buddy had a similar situation and the GF dumped all his guns while he was TDY. In her mind, she solved the issue by getting rid of the guns so now they don't have anything to argue about.

Good luck on your surgery!

I feel for you my friend. Life is too short. If she knows gun culture isn't just a hobby for you then she needs to be all in or not is my opinion.
Why is it that leftists always tell us that we need to be open and understanding of other peoples culture, even when the culture is abusive toward women and or gay people or even just different cast or class but they can bubblegum all over our heritage all they want?
My feeling is that if they don't get that owning, practicing with and using a gun is more than a toy to play with then they are too dumb to waste time with.
Sounds harsh I know but these people lump us all in together when some sick bubblegumer decides to murder innocent people and I have zero tolerance for them anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I always could get along with democrats and leftists my whole life, they made it impossible, I always thought they were naive and we had a difference of opinion but they think people like me are evil. So it turns out I had it all backwards.
I know I am a jerk but like I already said. Life is too short.

After 5 years and her nearly moving in to my home in the next 2 months, the topic of the leftist's anti-america platform came up over dinner. The discussion evolved into the far left's goal to dismantle the 2nd A and her position that all "all assault weapons" should not be sold to civilians. Although he had her facts totally wrong, I was in a state of shock over her profound anger over the 'assault rifle' issue. I was so scared of her anger on the issue that I did not mention that I had several. Her anger over the weapons issue was one thing, but what emerged was her livid anger over the "system, the rich, Trump, etc.". In previous discussion on politics I have almost always avoided discussion, thinking that her democratic ideas was moderate, but now I think she is much more left leaning and rabid. She now raised the issue that her moving in could be deal breaker over my conservative politics and pro-gun assault firearms issues.
I was stone cold over her anti-gun assault gun issue although she was not anti-gun on other firearms; so she said.
So, she said that perhaps we should not stay the night together and I told her to do what she wants to do. She left my home very politely, wanted to stay but she clearly saw my stone cold emotions for her and not at all attractions for her and he rapport was destroyed between us. She left about 9 pm. I warned her politely that I thought that her leaving that evening was a very bad idea; now thinking that if she was living here in the future, that she would bolt if things get difficult. She was going to live her rent free but for food and utility costs.

I was royally disgusted with her last night and still am. I am thinking now that she harbored this profound anger over the years, about firearms and the system that there was another side of her personality that caused me to think that my attraction was to somebody else and not this rabid democrat or leftist thinker.

I am disgusted this morning thinking that the 5 year relationship is best left alone and ended. I am looking at some significant surgery late next week, now, thinking I do not want her in my life, although she desired to continue the relationship regardless, stay with me in the hosptial, now thinking I do not want her there; and I did not express any desire to end the relationship, but my gut tells me that her rabid side is very threatening, and thinking of potential red flag laws, that she does not think clearly, and is anti and she now can not be trusted due to the emergence of her clandestine rabid anti-system politics. Thinking now that she would vote to take my gun rights away. She says that she would respect my firearms interests, hunting lifestyle, and politics and that we should not talk about these matters. But, I do not think I can trust her. She reminded me that at my age of a very young looking 71 year old, that I will never find a replacement for someone who loves me as much as she does. Likely so?
I am just disgusted with her clandestine anger over my type of beliefs, and a mega change in my perception that my image of her personality has now changed radically for the worse. My gut is so upset that I have not intent to call her and given the very heated discussion last night I do not want to talk to her. I feel like my love and attraction for her has gone down the drain. I was going to change my will shortly and considerations were to put her in it, but now, that consideration is off the table completely. I see no need to have her move into my home, essentially rent free; and have her potentially vote to take my rights away.
I have son close by who can take care of me during and following the hospital care, and do not want her in my life today or thinking this entire week before the surgery. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Without even reading further replies I am very sorry about the situation you face. Being 34 and having grown up in and around Portland I have a lot of past acquaintances who I learned are anti "assault weapons" and the best I can figure is they are misled by the media. Don't underestimate them though because it is misinformation that creates an agenda that can provoke conflict and even war. I think it's good to engage in civil discussion but I'm afraid keeping these folks at an arms length is a necessity for self preservation. I've heard nasty things come from the mouths of the anti gun crowd towards people they would normally consider friends and it ruins friendships completely. The thing is that no matter how misinformed they are, they believe they are doing the right thing.

I would recommend perusing the site jpfo.org there are some interesting write ups that may offer some perspective.

Had received a voice mail today form her , wondering if I had relaxed on this matter, then, an email explaining that I had known she was a democrat previously, but she is actually a "guarded" closet leftist; and now sent her a polite email directing her not to have any further contact with me via any means until I decide to do so following surgery. If she does contact me I will block the emails and the texts.
I discussed this matter with my son. He was aware of her "closet" leftist ideas, but not the "leftist" anti-gun bs that came from her mouth.
I put her on notice that moving in to my home is no longer an option. Both my son and I discussed this matter and now consider that having her move in to my home would not be safe. Her perception about firearms are distorted. The door locks have been changed today.
This identification as a moderate democrat but in fact a "closet" leftist royally fried me. Anyhow I notified her of no contact for at least two weeks. I prohibited her from visiting me in the hospital. After two weeks I will then return her belongings to her and that will be the end of that. Boy her social perception is way off the charts. Her anger was just awful over these issues. I was stone cold shocked last Saturday following her rant about guns, politics, government, Trump, business, the wealthy. Just awful.

Had received a voice mail today form her , wondering if I had relaxed on this matter, then, an email explaining that I had known she was a democrat previously, but she is actually a "guarded" closet leftist; and now sent her a polite email directing her not to have any further contact with me via any means until I decide to do so following surgery. If she does contact me I will block the emails and the texts.
I discussed this matter with my son. He was aware of her "closet" leftist ideas, but not the "leftist" anti-gun bs that came from her mouth.
I put her on notice that moving in to my home is no longer an option. Both my son and I discussed this matter and now consider that having her move in to my home would not be safe. Her perception about firearms are distorted. The door locks have been changed today.
This identification as a moderate democrat but in fact a "closet" leftist royally fried me. Anyhow I notified her of no contact for at least two weeks. I prohibited her from visiting me in the hospital. After two weeks I will then return her belongings to her and that will be the end of that. Boy her social perception is way off the charts. Her anger was just awful over these issues. I was stone cold shocked last Saturday following her rant about guns, politics, government, Trump, business, the wealthy. Just awful.
Yeah I'm sure she'd be floored if she knew her Democrat elite establishment icons were just as wealthy and corrupt as the far right. It's amazing what hypocrisy can do to skew one's perception of reality.

You made the right choice, no doubt.

Any ideas?
rent free???
5 years???
no idea of her actual visceral rabid non rational vitriol so opposed to the basics of your own beliefs????

You've got a great written outline for your next Great Insight: "I saw it coming but couldn't believe it"

Once I ran into an old friend at a tire shop. He was hauling around a bunch of stuff in his almost new truck; motorcycle, hunting gear, camping stuff, etc. It was all for sale because "I'm getting married".....

Didn't see him for a couple years. Ran into him at the same tire shop.
Different trunk full of similar stuff, all for sale....why "I'm getting divorced"

Your story sounds like you should be lacing up your running shoes IMHO.

She identified herself as a democrat and I reminded her that democrats advance freedom and not take away freedom. She was prone to take from others. We never had a discussion on anything other than moderate issues. Our discussion on politics were "moderate" and polite.
Sent the no contact email last night, and today blocked her emails. She lost out heavily, lost housing, lost a meal ticket, lost companionship, lost entry in my revocable will, and isolated herself without employment and now a very shaky future. What a dummy. I just could not see having her in my house, with her bad temper, distorted perceptions on gun owner, sleeping with her and then, having her "risky" with red flag and then, voting to take away my rights. No way. Sure I am now along but the risk was too high when she illuminated her rage on ar's and "killing machines'. Very intelligent lady but without education on the matter nor desire to learn the facts. I will stay away and if there is any contact, I will be very polite and respectful. Her sources of facts on the gun debate were the "news" and what she reads on the internet without checking facts. I suggested that she read the fbi stats but I doubt she did. Nice lady and I wish her the very best.

I've been praying about finding the right woman for while(years, still waiting for the answer), and this thread has shown me that God has spared me from some heartache. I could not personally see dating someone even for a month that did not share the same values. This is one of the many reason the scripture warns about following the heart too strongly imo. The way the anti's were talking on the debate about taking all AR15's away has me considering strongly an AR10 or some other high capacity 308.

Any woman I date I will make it clear I am pro second amendment,telling them my job gives it away as well. However they will need to also share my other values.
My profile photo gives you a hint of what two of the most important ones are, the Bible being the most important of the two but ideally both.

Last Edited:
This gal was reluctantly accepting with other firearms, expressed a questionable interest in going to the range, but was rabid and dead set against ar as these only had one purpose as "killing machines". She was clueless that the mass shootings were almost in general commented by mentally ill people that commit criminal behavior, but mass shootings in the usa are rarely performed by criminal personality. Just did not want to hear that.

How mentally deranged do you need to be to assume an inanimate object can do anything but lay there.

A truck in Nice, France killed 59....or was it the driver? C'mon people.

After 5 years and her nearly moving in to my home in the next 2 months, the topic of the leftist's anti-america platform came up over dinner. The discussion evolved into the far left's goal to dismantle the 2nd A and her position that all "all assault weapons" should not be sold to civilians. Although he had her facts totally wrong, I was in a state of shock over her profound anger over the 'assault rifle' issue. I was so scared of her anger on the issue that I did not mention that I had several. Her anger over the weapons issue was one thing, but what emerged was her livid anger over the "system, the rich, Trump, etc.". In previous discussion on politics I have almost always avoided discussion, thinking that her democratic ideas was moderate, but now I think she is much more left leaning and rabid. She now raised the issue that her moving in could be deal breaker over my conservative politics and pro-gun assault firearms issues.
I was stone cold over her anti-gun assault gun issue although she was not anti-gun on other firearms; so she said.
So, she said that perhaps we should not stay the night together and I told her to do what she wants to do. She left my home very politely, wanted to stay but she clearly saw my stone cold emotions for her and not at all attractions for her and he rapport was destroyed between us. She left about 9 pm. I warned her politely that I thought that her leaving that evening was a very bad idea; now thinking that if she was living here in the future, that she would bolt if things get difficult. She was going to live her rent free but for food and utility costs.

I was royally disgusted with her last night and still am. I am thinking now that she harbored this profound anger over the years, about firearms and the system that there was another side of her personality that caused me to think that my attraction was to somebody else and not this rabid democrat or leftist thinker.

I am disgusted this morning thinking that the 5 year relationship is best left alone and ended. I am looking at some significant surgery late next week, now, thinking I do not want her in my life, although she desired to continue the relationship regardless, stay with me in the hosptial, now thinking I do not want her there; and I did not express any desire to end the relationship, but my gut tells me that her rabid side is very threatening, and thinking of potential red flag laws, that she does not think clearly, and is anti and she now can not be trusted due to the emergence of her clandestine rabid anti-system politics. Thinking now that she would vote to take my gun rights away. She says that she would respect my firearms interests, hunting lifestyle, and politics and that we should not talk about these matters. But, I do not think I can trust her. She reminded me that at my age of a very young looking 71 year old, that I will never find a replacement for someone who loves me as much as she does. Likely so?
I am just disgusted with her clandestine anger over my type of beliefs, and a mega change in my perception that my image of her personality has now changed radically for the worse. My gut is so upset that I have not intent to call her and given the very heated discussion last night I do not want to talk to her. I feel like my love and attraction for her has gone down the drain. I was going to change my will shortly and considerations were to put her in it, but now, that consideration is off the table completely. I see no need to have her move into my home, essentially rent free; and have her potentially vote to take my rights away.
I have son close by who can take care of me during and following the hospital care, and do not want her in my life today or thinking this entire week before the surgery. Any ideas?
Thanks.

I've read enough and don't have time or emotional energy to read 7 pages of what is probably the same advice. RUN. RUN FAST and FAR from her. Think with your brain and not your head.

A future with this woman is a ticking time bomb that almost certainly ends with YOU losing. Losing your guns, losing your manhood, losing your rights, losing your property, losing your liberty, and possibly wrongly jailed over false accusations.

Quickly and politely and kindly just break it off and get away and stay away. No mean-ness, no arguments, nothing in writing. Just break it off and let her down easy and walk away.

In today's climate these anti-gun ignorants cannot be changed absent them themselves having a moment or revelation. You cannot change her, it's just not going to occur.

And worse, an angry intimate partner can RUIN YOU with a phone call to the police and a fake accusation. You can be red flagged, have gun stripping restraining orders, and more. If she lived there you could be evicted and she could take the home from you. Expensive and exhausting legal battles might have you prevail in 6 months of being disarmed. God save you if you have children with such a evil creature. Imagine the household. No guns. Can't teach the kids about guns. Diametrically opposite views on a fundamental right. And when - not if- it fails you'll be on the hook for child support. She'll ruin you in divorce court, with accusations about gun violence and threats.

This is a nuclear bomb landmine to avoid. RUN.....

For me, I weed out the anti-gunners fast and early and won't even consider such a monster. The risks and headaches are not worth it. If a woman is open minded, I'll consider it. But if she is as the OP has described, there is no "reward" worth the time, hassle, risk, and headaches as the OP. I don't care if she's a supermodel, if she's anti-gun she is just not welcomed in my life given the total absolute POWER she will forever wield over you with a fabricated tear filled call to 911 on how you raped, threatened, stalked, point a gun at her, etc. You will go to jail at least overnight.... and lose all your guns for a long time. And you can count on a $50,000 lawyer bill.

GunsOverWomen.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads