JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello everyone.
This is my first post here, so let me start by saying THANK YOU to everyone who helped with the passage of the suppressor bill. Thanks to you I recently took possession of my first suppressor. I have been following this bill in the hopes that it will eventually become law. I understand that options may be limited somewhat at this time but if there is anything I can do or help with please let me know. I will try to get up to speed as quick as possible. Respectfully, Mark

I don't post or come to this site too much anymore. But this subject is something I would like see passed. Following the link you can leave your comments in support of this bill that legislators will see. The more people that leave comments the better of a chance we have.

To the op, thanks for being so diligent in this issue. If there is any way I can help out then please, by all means.

HB 1561 - 2013-14

Remember there are two SBR bills; the Senate bill which is SB 5956 and the House bill, HB 1561.
SBR bill just passed the Senate 47-0-2excused!
This was the Senate bill that passed.

That's awesome ! So what now we contact our representatives and ask them to support the bill?
Find your representative here; http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/

I don't post or come to this site too much anymore. But this subject is something I would like see passed. Following the link you can leave your comments in support of this bill that legislators will see. The more people that leave comments the better of a chance we have.
HB 1561 - 2013-14

HB 1016 - 2013-14 1016 is dead, don’t bother asking anyone to support it.

SB 5956 - 2013-14 5956 passed the Senate and is on the way to the House for a hearing in the Judiciary Committee. Representative Jinkins killed the House version of the SBR bill. I have already meet with her and she understands the merits of the bill. What we need are people to contact their representatives and ask them to let Jinkins understand they support the bill.

We also need any law enforcement personnel to show up to the hearing to voice their support of the bill. Back in January Jinkins told me she had not heard from any police officers; since then a few police have said they contacted her office. But we really need their presence at the hearing. Face to face beats a letter ten times over, period.

Randy

I'm betting that he will sign it. The bill becomes law 90 days after the session ends, about June 11. I've sending in my forms now, it wil be months berore they look at them.

Randy

Last Edited:
I think it's more likely than not that Inslee DOES sign the bill. It passed unanimously in the Senate (two excused), and 95-3 in the house. Just my thoughts. I know Inslee is a lib, but vetoing this bill makes NO sense.

I think it's more likely than not that Inslee DOES sign the bill. It passed unanimously in the Senate (two excused), and 95-3 in the house. Just my thoughts. I know Inslee is a lib, but vetoing this bill makes NO sense.

He might, I don't know, but he is a raging anti. Sense seems to have gone out the window a long time ago. He suspended the death penalty when the people of WA support it. Needing a tax stamp to own a sbr in the first place makes no sense whatsoever but whatever. I hope he does.

Awesome! I'm thoroughly impressed with what Randy and those involved have done to help make things happen for firearm owners in WA. Good work.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads