JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems I may have hit a nerve. Apparently I have never had the miss-fortune of dealing with the overly power-hungry policeman; the likes of which everyone else seems to have. Maybe I'm fortunate in that regard, or maybe I'm just jaded. Living in a city were the police have a reputation for being confrontational and usually uncompromising with the criminal populus I have never been made to feel like "average scum" or that I "don't count" as Hermannr phrased it. Or maybe I'm not fortunate; It may just be the way in which I walk, dress, act and speak that sets me apart from the previously mentioned criminals, and thus I'm not treated as one. I'm sorry for the animosity some of the NWFA members show toward local law enforcement, and I'm sure the reasons are good, but I can't argue against police men and women when I have personally never been wronged by them.

Well I don't know what part of Lakewood you live in but I have met 2 decent cops from there and the rest seemed to be 'wannabee' paramilitary flat tops.Most from just seeing them around at the coffee shops.And yes some for tickets
There is some scum in Lakewood for sure,hey, the show "Cops" wouldn't have been a hit without Lakewood;)
And the neighboring Tacoma police are about the same.

Seems I may have hit a nerve. Apparently I have never had the miss-fortune of dealing with the overly power-hungry policeman; the likes of which everyone else seems to have. Maybe I'm fortunate in that regard, or maybe I'm just jaded. Living in a city were the police have a reputation for being confrontational and usually uncompromising with the criminal populus I have never been made to feel like "average scum" or that I "don't count" as Hermannr phrased it. Or maybe I'm not fortunate; It may just be the way in which I walk, dress, act and speak that sets me apart from the previously mentioned criminals, and thus I'm not treated as one. I'm sorry for the animosity some of the NWFA members show toward local law enforcement, and I'm sure the reasons are good, but I can't argue against police men and women when I have personally never been wronged by them.

You know what Humdrum, I also have never had a bad encounter (face to face) with a police officer. I was asked about my OC'd 6" Colt Revolver by a Chelan County Sheriff's deputy at a grocery store once, It went "hunting", I answered "Yep". I have OC'd for over 40 years...but then look where I live, Okanogan Co. where there is a town (Riverside) that by ordinance requires you to go armed.

However, Online and from new reports, there come people like Harless in OH, Birk in Seattle, Thompson and Herzel in Spokane and hundreds of others. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely...and when these bullies and jack booted thugs are not made to play by the rules and think they are god it is very bad for everyone.

To show you an example of what I mean by bullies, go read this thread on Officer.com. The link will dump you in the middle of it, but if you have the stomach, start at the beginning...there are some very good LEO's commenting, there are some bad and some really really bad. Likewise, some of the OC advocates are good, some not so good...after all it is a forum. Now you tell me what you think after reading the whole thing (or as much of it as you can stomach, I only lasted a few pages and quit reading and commenting.

Sorry, Don't know where my link went...so here it is: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?144953-But-I-m-Allowed-to-Open-Carry!/page26&

Thank for nothing, that thread brought my piss to a boil. :mad:

Half the cops there are basically this:

respect_authoritah.jpg

Well I don't know what part of Lakewood you live in but I have met 2 decent cops from there and the rest seemed to be 'wannabee' paramilitary flat tops.Most from just seeing them around at the coffee shops.And yes some for tickets
There is some scum in Lakewood for sure,hey, the show "Cops" wouldn't have been a hit without Lakewood;)
And the neighboring Tacoma police are about the same.

I have personal experience with them (not LE related but rubbed elbows with some of them for a while) and for the most part you are sadly correct

Don't think for a second that I don't know that a small margin of police do horrible things, or that I haven't had my anti-thisandthat rants. Police are fallible like the rest of us, and some make regretable choices in their careers, but I won't/can't hold one officer's actions as cause to damn the next officer I meet. All I was trying to say was all of the officers that I've personally interacted with have been professional toward me. No amount of graphic video can overrule what I have seen for myself, and with that said I will continue to remain unswayed from my current opinion until an officer of the law personally changes my mind for me. Take care, gentlemen.

Don't think for a second that I don't know that a small margin of police do horrible things, or that I haven't had my anti-thisandthat rants. Police are fallible like the rest of us, and some make regretable choices in their careers, but I won't/can't hold one officer's actions as cause to damn the next officer I meet. All I was trying to say was all of the officers that I've personally interacted with have been professional toward me. No amount of graphic video can overrule what I have seen for myself, and with that said I will continue to remain unswayed from my current opinion until an officer of the law personally changes my mind for me. Take care, gentlemen.

:s0166:

I sure don't want you on my jury

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top