JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you Drew for directing this post. I realize this is short notice. Not many have been informed of what a few individuals from our community are trying to do. (including myself). I will post information here given at the meeting today. Maybe if those who do attend will do the same we can make sure that the rights not only for the shooting range but all use of BLM lands are not taken away.

Gooseneck meeting update:
I didn't stay very long during the meeting, about 30(est.) people attended and about 1/2 were officials. A commissioner was there along with BLm, Hampton, fire department, shrerriffs department, and other officials. The ranger wore a bullet proof vest!
The neighbors had their say of concerns, and questions. The BLM rep. stated that if they were wanting gates up and shooting stopped it wasn't going to happen, not for a long time and lots of red tape. But.. I erge everyone who wants to keep this and all other shooting ranges open to the public that they start paying attention to safety and respect for the beauty of the land. If the access road were clearly marked and areas designated that are safe and well kept (no litter etc.) then there would be no legitament reason for complaint and the city folk can move back to the city life if they don't like it. I am willing to help with what I can. So please take action so your rights are respected.

katt - thanks for the update. Your advice should be common sense, but these days that seems to be almost as scarce as .22LR ...

Thanks. Please folks, report people that dump or litter. They are the ones ultimately responsible for closing shooting areas.
And even though it's insulting to have to do it, think about picking up trash that others leave behind. They are inconsiderate pigs, but if these areas are to be left open,
everyone will need to pitch in and help. Even if some one else was inconsiderate and left the mess, give it some thought.

Katt and crew,
I hope it is not just semantics, but these BLM sites are not shooting ranges. They are federally managed public lands that some of us use as target shooting areas. Shooting ranges have *usually* involved, respectful memberships, safe, efficient backstops and rules of conduct that, when broken, can result in offenders getting their sorry, stupid a$$es kicked out. Oh, and did I mention that I've never seen evidence of liquor and shooting at a shooting range? I no longer use my age-old shooting spots because I finally got tired of hauling truckloads of trash out EVERY TIME I went up. My humble opinion--I think NWFA could stand to reboot the "Three bags of Trash" incentive and kick off the outdoor shooting "season". It sure motivated me last year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top