JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep! I am. This thread is a little wierd. First rule of prepping is Opsec, however its nearly impossible to survive on your own.

Looking for folks in the area with preps similar to me so neither of us is tempted to make the other a food bank :)

Looking for like minded people in North Douglas or South Lane County Oregon. Can possibly travel within the boundaries of both counties, but looking for one as close to us as possible. We are not Christian, but we are Spiritual and happy with our Faith. Prefer a MAG (Mutual Assistance Group) where it is more than just being part of a militia or just a prepper. Looking to share BOTH aspects with a well rounded group. We're both military veterans, one of us a combat vet with several black belts in martial arts. I do archery, throwing knives, and throwing hatchets in addition to shooting. I currently only have a handgun right now (when it comes to firearms), but getting ready to purchase a new rifle or 2 in the next month or two. I've been shooting and doing archery since age 3 (I'm now 48). I can help teach others how to shoot and how to improve accuracy. We garden and raise vegetables and fruit. I can help you plan your garden and prep your soil and help with planting and harvesting. I have basic building experience, so can help build poultry coops, runs, aviaries as well as nesting boxes and hen houses. I know how to build other livestock pens and shelters. I know how to build sheds (I do not do electrical or plumbing). I know how to do some food dehydrating. I know bushcrafting, spent more time in the woods growing up than in the cities and suburbs we lived in. We both have a lot of various skills that we can bring to the group. We're currently obtaining additional chickens and some turkeys, as well as looking to obtain some meat rabbits. Have enough food stored to last approx at least a year if not 2 with like minded friends that we live with on their property, and we just obtained another freezer so we can continue to stock up. I'm on a very limited income, so our preps are limited, but have 2 different BOBs depending upon the circumstances, as well as other weapons and essentials and misc supplies. However, I've been prepping for about 10 years now. Our ultimate group would be where people of all race, orientation, economic status, and religious preferences are welcome and not be prejudice about. Where everyone in the group helps everyone with needed projects. Some examples- one family needs help cutting a bunch of logs into firewood, so the MAG would arrive and get it done. Maybe, say, one family needs a few rabbits and you have them, and you need more chickens and they have them, so you barter and trade with each other In this scary time, you are a business owner who needs help protecting your business from rioters and looters, so the MAG would arrive in force and armed to protect your property and business. The MAG goes in together and buys pork or beef direct from the farmer and the MAG sets a day to do the butchering and the meat is split between those parties that went in together on the cost of the animal, and if someone didn't have the funds to pay but stays to help with the butchering and meat wrapping, etc, they get some of that meat, too. Have monthly or bimonthly meetings and trainings in various aspects of prepping, security, self defense, etc. Heck, turn them into potlucks- it helps to bring the group closer together.

If you know of a group like this, please send me a PM or email me at [email protected] . Or, if you are within this area and are ALSO looking for a group, maybe we can start our own. I've been looking for a while since moving back to Oregon and its been difficult.

Hi all. Long time lurker, been reading through some of the posts here and couldn't agree more, many past posts seem prophetic. Watching with a very vigilant eye the current events.

I'm in Wilsonville and currently while not a danger zone, at this point anything is possible. I've watched for years the constant increasing push for division and instability.

Do we have any like minded individuals here in Wilsonville? I know we do, but thinking now is the time we should probably know who and where to go to help each other out.

stay safe, stay aware

I was thinking that since good preparation for the economic collapse and the other calamities that we may be facing require neighbors to come together, we should start meeting our like minded neighbors.

I thought we were doing that here?

BUT THEN....
Would I actually "have enough trust" for my physical neighbors to be of the same thought?

Well.....

Aloha, Mark

BUT THEN....
Would I actually "have enough trust" for my physical neighbors to be of the same thought?
Well, that depends... doesn't it? How well does anyone really know their neighbors? I think it would depend upon where you live... urban, suburban, or rural.
I make it a habit that none of my neighbors really, truly, knows what lies in the recesses of my mind... cuz I don't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Well, that depends... doesn't it? How well does anyone really know their neighbors? I think it would depend upon where you live... urban, suburban, or rural.
I make it a habit that none of my neighbors really, truly, knows what lies in the recesses of my mind... cuz I don't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.
Very good point. We have 2 neighbors that live across our property line, one next to us and one behind us. We're on about 2 acres. I've been debating on going and introducing myself, make sure they are doing OK during all of this chaos this year has brought us already, and to see if they need any assistance and to let them know we will watch out for their property in their absences and hope that they will reciprocate. No way in hell I'll tell them we're preppers. But maybe eventually we could form our own MAG (Mutual Assistance Group) (a combination of preppers AND militia/3%/Patriot/Minutemen) with them. With all the craziness in the world right now, I don't know if its a good thing to do, or a bad thing. One of the neighbors is an elderly couple who may WELL need help with something....

When I meet new neighbors (cuz I've been the stationary one pretty much for the past 15 years), I check 'em out, sound them out politically with subterfuge and obfuscation, see what's hanging on their walls, what's in their garage, the bumper stickers on their cars, etc. I never invite them into my home, so the opsec is unidirectional. I don't trust most people very much...

When I meet new neighbors (cuz I've been the stationary one pretty much for the past 15 years), I check 'em out, sound them out politically with subterfuge and obfuscation, see what's hanging on their walls, what's in their garage, the bumper stickers on their cars, etc. I never invite them into my home, so the opsec is unidirectional. I don't trust most people very much...
Never quite thought about it that way, but that is an excellent way to start vetting someone to see what type of people they are. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to start adopting the same tactics. lol

I will try this and see what happens, anyone in Salem that would like to talk about survival. Anyone in Oregon looking to establish a survival community. I own some parcels of land in South eastern Oregon's high desert. Looking for like minded people to develop.
God Bless

Not in Salem, but in Portland suburbs on the west side. Survival should be on the minds of everyone; I think violence and intimidation waves will be coming from those characters causing disturbance today and make the headlines in our local newspapers daily.

I was thinking that since good preparation for the economic collapse and the other calamities that we may be facing require neighbors to come together, we should start meeting our like minded neighbors.

I am very serious about my preparations for a severe economic downturn and such. Anyone else in Oregon city/Beaver Creek thinking like this? Send me a PM and let's chat.

What about the rest of you? If you are interested in meeting your like minded neighbors considerleaving a note here.

Cyborg
Lakewood, Wa here. Most of my neighbors are rich leftists that can't imagine having to prepare.

I live in a wealthy neighborhood as well but when we bought our home years ago it was not that much at the time. Lots of nice cars and most of the people hire gardeners to take care of their landscape. Our cars are all over 10 years old and all are paid off years ago. I am sure most if not all of my neighbors are not prepared at all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top