JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does one safely barter such items as alcohol & ammo in a dangerous environment without setting themselves up for a robbery later? You'll have to leave your stash sometime.

I guess once the shtf for a few weeks and gobment hasn't arrived in your area a farmers market of sorts could start popping up. Being deployed in isolated conditions I've just seen how fast humans, even professional service members, can go bad.

Don't try bartering alone! I intend to be covered by competent riflemen. I will be armed to the teeth also. DO NOT be followed or trailed to your site!

See, how did you get your wife on board? Mine is concerned about the potential of a big quake, but is being amazingly stubborn about getting with the preparedness program. I can't tell you how many times she's brought up being nervous, only to respond to my suggestion of taking some actionable steps with "but we don't have enough room". :s0054:

Sorry, haven't returned to this thread since the above post.

I don't know what to say, exactly! I would definitely keep working the earthquake angle. It is very real!
We've been married almost 46 years so, kind of on the same track!
The spousal unit gets that it's a dangerous world out there. Worst comes to worst, I don't ask permission to do my thing and neither does she! We are both strong people as individuals but face problems together! I'm sorry, this doesn't sound much like advice, but rather an explanation.
Here's one, hang in there, supply pantries and arsenals aren't built in a day!
Oh, I have plenty of room! :)

Just like you do at Craigslist...try to barter in a neutral location. This is one of the main reasons why it is best to have a community or group to survive with since you have to sleep at some point!

All of my CL sales happen at my house. I work from home and hardly ever leave. I'm scary looking and so are all the broken down trucks and tractors spewed out front. most people comment on it looking like "the hills have eyes" when they get to my place.

But, I'd never do that when shtf. meet on an empty hwy with my friends dug-in above, ready to ambush.

The wife and I have been brewing beer for a few years and I recently started considering making a press to experiment with hard cider. A few years ago we made several batches of wine and the process is very close. In my neck of the woods there are many apple trees that are never harvested and the fruit just drops and rots. Enhancing a local crop to make it more valuable and giving it longer storage life can be a good option.

Hi all, somehow missed this thread back when I joined or some of the times been here for other purposes.
Anyway I do run a preparedness buying group and have plenty of left overs I will sell to anyone at just about actual cost. (The just above is round up to the next dollar or so! which helps cover the gas to meet with people.)
I have quite a few in the group spread all over the Seattle Area, mostly up North here but also a group down an around Seatac.
Shoot me a PM. I have other resources available for anyone who wants them!

Hi All, we're finally settled in Monroe, WA...out in the unincorporated area, which we like - our shooting range is in our back yard! :) Got some cool neighbors who also shoot on their property.

Wouldn't mind meeting some others in the area!

peace out,
Michael J. :rolleyes:

Hi All, we're finally settled in Monroe, WA...out in the unincorporated area, which we like - our shooting range is in our back yard! :) Got some cool neighbors who also shoot on their property.

Wouldn't mind meeting some others in the area!

peace out,
Michael J. :rolleyes:

PM Inbound. also, have a range in my backyard. Though to shoot longer I use the out doorrange in Machias. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Hi from Hillsboro, OR. First post here, kind of a beginner prepper. Would love to talk to more learned individuals either online or in person. Married, three kids, kinda uncomfortable with the way society is changing. Aside from that....glad to be here!

Hi from Hillsboro, OR. First post here, kind of a beginner prepper. Would love to talk to more learned individuals either online or in person. Married, three kids, kinda uncomfortable with the way society is changing. Aside from that....glad to be here!

A good start is to watch the Twilight Zone, The Shelter. And make adjustments from their mistakes. No joke.
And welcome.

I'm in SW Portland, just moved here. Beginner prepper. Just starting to stock up and figure things out. Anyone interested in SW meetup? I'll buy the beer to hear what you have to say.

jlhopwo

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads