JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I figure I haven't heard about them because they weren't reliable, and only trivial knowledge...

There are at least two conversions I know of that are reliable, but don't lose any weight so I haven't tried them. One has an electronic trigger that is supposed to be really good. They are not clamshells.

The Aklys and HTA conversions are ok I hear, but I don't like clamshell conversions. I would rather spend my money on the Archangel backpacker stock - and I did.

That said, I would like to see a nice bullpup .22 rimfire that has a good solid stock (not clamshell) that is easy to strip, is light (including a carbon fiber barrel) under 4 pounds, good sights, a rail that would take a Scout scope, with an excellent trigger and is reliable.

Last Edited:
The famas and the aug are the only good looking bullpups in existence.
Ide love to see if a forward magazine fed bull pup could be accomplished. It would have to be complex, but it would still be cool

That said, I would like
Bullpup: Exhaust gasses in your face, and mag changes that are a bit more difficult.

With a suppressor, yes, the exhaust will be more in your face, but you will get some of that with a conventional rifle too - it depends on the suppressor and the gun's gas system. I don't have any suppressors so I don't/didn't have this problem with any of my bullpups, although I could smell the gases since the muzzle was closer to my face.

And yes, mag changes are more difficult on many bullpups - especially the AKs. Also, you can forget about drums - you won't be able to get your arm around them to reach the grip without major contortions.

Nothing's perfect, but I like them - they balance, carry and shoot well. IMO. YMMV.

Ide love to see if a forward magazine fed bull pup could be accomplished. It would have to be complex, but it would still be cool

Personal opinion but I the the Famas is ugly. I like the new Tavor much better. I have read many articles that say the Famas has a hard time functioning reliably.

P90/PS90 has a good system; the mag is on top and horizontal. Mag changes are ok to good IMO. Ejection is out the bottom which is usually good - unless you have a long sleeve shirt on with the cuffs open; in which case you can get hot brass down the sleeve - DAMHIK.

Personal opinion but I the the Famas is ugly. I like the new Tavor much better. I have read many articles that say the Famas has a hard time functioning reliably.
The famas is cool for the same reason the original m16 is cool imo. It just looks like that era. Something about that era (fals, m16's, g3's) all have a oh i dont know the word, dare i say a "feeling" about them? Mind you i wasnt alive then so its probably different for me then some of you older folk on here;) (not talking to you specifically as im not sure your age)

Bullplop does not belong on your shoulder or near your face, I don't care how compact and powerful it is....;)

Some people worry about this, but would you rather have a receiver in front of your eyes when it goes kaboom, or next to your ear?

When you shoot one, it depends on the rifle, but the chamber is closer to your face, but by a few inches - if it went kaboom I am not sure it would make any difference. Either way I don't want my rifles to go kaboom. But to each their own.

P90/PS90 has a good system; the mag is on top and horizontal. Mag changes are ok to good IMO. Ejection is out the bottom which is usually good - unless you have a long sleeve shirt on with the cuffs open; in which case you can get hot brass down the sleeve - DAMHIK.
The p90 is a small cartridge, viable bullpups for non niche roles would generally have to be atleast 556 or up to be accepted by the market

Some people worry about this, but would you rather have a receiver in front of your eyes when it goes kaboom, or next to your ear?

When you shoot one, it depends on the rifle, but the chamber is closer to your face, but by a few inches - if it went kaboom I am not sure it would make any difference. Either way I don't want my rifles to go kaboom. But to each their own.
I think a bigger problem with bullpups is very few (if any) adequately address malfunction clearing, compared to the standard of ar15's or ak's.

The famas is cool for the same reason the original m16 is cool imo. It just looks like that era. Something about that era (fals, m16's, g3's) all have a oh i dont know the word, dare i say a "feeling" about them? Mind you i wasnt alive then so its probably different for me then some of you older folk on here;) (not talking to you specifically as im not sure your age)

je ne sais quoi

I think a bigger problem with bullpups is very few (if any) adequately address malfunction clearing, compared to the standard of ar15's or ak's.

For those that are designed from the ground up, clearing is not a problem to me; the process is the same. For conversions it can be a real issue to almost impossible without taking them apart. The P90/PS90 is super easy to takedown if necessary, but not as easy to clear as the AK (86s).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top