JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not always been Christian. I was formerly Shintoist. Shinto is ethnic to Japan. Also known as "kami-no-michi". Although I dont practice it anymore. I still do implement Buddhist/Shintoist meditation techniques. You must cut yourself off of absolutely everything currently going on in your mind and around you. You must zero that out. With meditation I like to listen to music.. typically this kind native to my homeland.

Meditation is something I have also done everyday for many, many years. I even do it in my Hospital room. Makes the stay a little more easier.

Hope you're getting better.

On the music/meditation thing. My mind won't shut off that way. In fact I need to be plugged into a radio at night just to get to sleep.

And not music either, talk radio is required. Sometimes I download a documentary or discussion from youtube. Just about any subject will do. Art and Literature, money and finance, (a real snore!), history and of course politics.

Are you really able to empty your mind while meditating or are you focusing on one image or pleasant thought all the time?o_O

My mind has a tendency to focus on a dozen things at one time, constantly changing focus and shifting here, there and everywhere. For that reason, I am prone to forgetting little things, so I make extensive use of notes and reminders to make sure I remember what I need.

That said, with the way my mind works, meditation has never come easily to me. If I silence the world around me and introduce even calm, soothing music, I find my mind continues at 100 MPH down many paths simultaneously. Truly for me, the only time of a quiet mind is when I'm asleep. This is one reason I find reading books to be difficult - I'm the type that will read and find I've passed 5 pages and missed the story because I was thinking of other things while reading. My wife, on the other hand, can focus on the single task and meditate when she wants. It is something I wish I could do more easily, it just isn't so in my case. Even as I type this, my mind has processed about 5 other items. It's crazy I tell you!

I have not always been Christian. I was formerly Shintoist. Shinto is ethnic to Japan. Also known as "kami-no-michi". Although I dont practice it anymore. I still do implement Buddhist/Shintoist meditation techniques. You must cut yourself off of absolutely everything currently going on in your mind and around you. You must zero that out. With meditation I like to listen to music.. typically this kind native to my homeland.

Meditation is something I have also done everyday for many, many years. I even do it in my Hospital room. Makes the stay a little more easier.

Calming your mind, body and (well we know where the soul calming comes from) is an important thing to do every so often.

We have lost sight and with the busy world we get all wound up.

This last weekend I had an opportunity to run a large rototiller:
Photo Apr 22, 4 21 03 PM.jpg
While it may be bulky, cumbersome it was nice to put those headphones in, have some music going under the ear muffs and just check my mind out on a mindless task.

When I was younger I would relax to the point of a 45 beat/minute heart rate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top