JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in a lot of different "gun groups" on various platforms. Why do y'all think that extra magazines takes precedence over medical supplies in most people's EDC?

personally I carry a tourniquet and if clothing allows a pressure dressing over excess magazines. I also have full aid bags in all of my vehicles. I know that I have never used my firearm outside the military for defensive issues, but I have provided aid to car accidents multiple times in my short go on earth.

I am in a lot of different "gun groups" on various platforms. Why do y'all think that extra magazines takes precedence over medical supplies in most people's EDC?

personally I carry a tourniquet and if clothing allows a pressure dressing over excess magazines. I also have full aid bags in all of my vehicles. I know that I have never used my firearm outside the military for defensive issues, but I have provided aid to car accidents multiple times in my short go on earth.
It doesn't. At least not in my book. I carry a cat tourniquet on my person as a daily part of EDC. I also have a complete medical bag in my vehicle for those exact reasons as well. Sounds to me like you have your priorities straight. Unfortunately most people think guns and mags along with other kit are sexier and more important than medical.

It doesn't. At least not in my book. I carry a cat tourniquet on my person as a daily part of EDC. I also have a complete medical bag in my vehicle for those exact reasons as well. Sounds to me like you have your priorities straight. Unfortunately most people think guns and mags along with other kit are sexier and more important than medical.
What made me think about this was a guy posted a G19 with three magazines a cheap taser and a knife. Not one thing to stop a bleed though. I think that to many people have started to think that John wick is reality.

ultimately I personally think my ability to save a life medically is way cooler than my ability to take one.

What made me think about this was a guy posted a G19 with three magazines a cheap taser and a knife. Not one thing to stop a bleed though. I think that to many people have started to think that John wick is reality.

ultimately I personally think my ability to save a life medically is way cooler than my ability to take one.
The way I see it is if I am potentially putting holes in someone, there is a high probability I am going to have some holes or slashes in me. I need to be able to respond to and treat myself. I can't count on police or EMTs. And like you said rolling up on a medical situation is much more likely than deploying a firearm. I don't carry 3 mags (that's a bit excessive IMO). Occasionally I'll carry a spare mag. But if I had to choose between and spare Mag and a tourniquet I will always choose the TQ.

SWAT-T tourniquet, CELOX Rapid Ribbon and a few packs of CELOX granules. If I am going to be in an urban area, I add a SOF-T wide tourniquet, a pair of HyFin chest seals and a spare extended magazine.

Casually in cargo pants I'll carry medical gear, but in dressier tighter clothes I prioritize a light, and pepper spray. I could probably squeeze a Swat-T somewhere though. I've never trained with one or even opened one. I think I'll buy a few and see what I think. I ditched the knife, and no spare mag in those clothes either.

"Israeli" bandage, tourniquet, clotting gauze, airway kit, glucose, various smaller bandages, hyfin vent chest seal, few other odds and ends. Carried in a sling bag along w/ other assorted crap like a checkbook. More likely to use the 1st aid stuff than the checkbook nowadays.

Knowledge is more important than having the fanciest, flashiest gear. Among the handful of things I carry is always a handkerchief (typically red, so it can be seen easier) and a pair of medical gloves which I cycle out regularly. The ability to use belts, t-shirts, fashion splints, etc is way more important than carrying specialty products, if you ask me. In my 72 hour bag, I carry sam splints and celox, amongst other things, but not typically my EDC. Also, even if you employ celox or a tourniquet, EMTs better be on the way (or you better be transporting) because that person is going to need a hospital ASAP.

Btw, a handkerchief is about one of the most versatile things you can carry. It has about a thousand uses including tourniquet, sling, signal, fastener, facemask, satchel, crude water filter, reference material (if you get one printed with edible plants or morse code or the like), etc. I love items that serve a multitude of uses as it keeps me prepared but cuts down the bulk.

The internet is full of handkerchief uses, but here's one source that covers some ideas. Your imagination is the only real limit: https://theruraleconomist.blogspot.com/2014/09/30-reasons-to-carry-handkerchief.html

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top