JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have you seen this http://gunnuts.net/2009/12/15/fox-news-on-the-indiana-handgun-permit-database/

We need to get our local state legislators to pass a ban on publishing this info so the bad guys dont case your house, and as soon as your gone, steal your stuff!

The Brady campaign are idiots, if anyone has taken a statistics class you can make anything sound bad. He is complaining about 500 CHL's out of 300000 plus in indiana, and didnt even clarify what kind of background they had.

How interesting. When I went to the Bloomington Herald website there was a Cabela's banner advert on their home page. It wouldn't hurt to complain to Cabela's about advertising with a newspaper who publishes a CCW database.

Comes up for me. Some idiot newby here in Oregon trying to make a name for herself for the lefties got CHL info protection legislation here neutered. If they're tossing around the idea of CCW/CHL info protection in WA, pressure them hard to get it passed.

Last Edited:
I am going to write Cabelas write now and copy the Herald and the Gun Nuts podcast so the have some ammo to go on with. The Herald was afraid to go on Fox and debate so they they called up the Brady Campaign.

Last year, several individuals (carry permit holders and concerned citizens) met with legislative representatives at the Oregon Capitol at a public hearing concerning this subject.
During the days testimony, ALL but one person agreed that this info should remain private and should NOT be given out, publicized or printed, everyone including EVERY Sheriffs Office in the State and the Sheriff Officers Union.
The members of the legislative committee also agreed with us (in fact several members of the committee were ex-law enforcement)! Everyone agreed except one single solitary lady!
Members of the Legislative committee it's self even testified (as private citizens) in favor of privacy and not publishing the names.

Additionally, during the testimony, individual Sheriff's and Deputy's testified/expressed their concerns that if the names and addresses were published, they feared crime towards those on the list would escalate including burglaries, home invasions and home and auto vandalism.
additionally, several retired officers (Police and Sheriff) testified they had personally been assisted numerous times during their careers by Concealed Carry Holders and that they (we) were the most law abiding citizens in the state because of our background checks, knowledge of the law and our known responsibilities.

With all that, the bill was moved out of committee and went before the Legislature..... AND then it was put off until this coming session... AND, after numerous changes were made to basically "gut" most our protections.

It is my understanding that the bill is scheduled once again this year... the Liberals and Gun haters, will never let it rest! and who knows what will happen this time.

It's my opinion, that if you (we) don't want our names along with our address printed in the local and state newspapers (like some other states have already done) and you don't want to be robbed, assaulted or vandalized AND you don't want to be treated like child molesters or sex crime convicts......... you might want to call your representative(s) and set up meeting's with them, express your opinions (politely), attend any and all meetings, local and otherwise, as well as thank your local Sheriff and work with them to kill this bill!

Trust that this isn't over and won't be until either an air tight law is passed (similar to some other states) or that the other side quits.......... and that won't happen!

Just my $.02 worth and opinion

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Dear Mr Arterburn,

Cabela's advertises on the Bloomington Heralds Website and I believe they are against all your store believes in. Please refer to this clip http://gunnuts.net/2009/12/15/fox-news-on-the-indiana-handgun-permit-database/ in which a local gun owner is trying to pretect himself and the gun owners of his state. The Bloomington Herald has decided to publish concealed handgun owners names and addresses online in the crime section next to the list of sex offenders. They have indirectly said your customer base are criminals and published their addresses for all criminals to invade their homes. When confronted they would not even debate Caleb or listen to his grievances, instead sicking the Brady Campaign on him. It is clear this organization is anti-gun and is putting your customers in harms way. As a long time Cabela's customer I employ you not to spend your money with this organization. Since I have posted this article on NorthWestFireArms.com thousands of your customers are being made aware of this vicious attact on the privacy of your customers. I said in the forum I would contact you directly and post any response you may have. Please join us and help protect us from these unresponsible organizations. We respect the mission and the products Cabelas makes available to us and your support of the Second Ammendment Rights thru workshops at your stores.

Thank You for Your Time

Clark Cites

I received this very informative message from Senator Jerome Delvin after I inquired about access to our CPL registrations.

...Thank you for the Indiana information. What an outrage. In our state, RCW 9.41.129 prohibits release of CPL information to anyone except law enforcement, for official purposes. It is NOT available for public inspection, nor may it be obtained by newspaper or other businesses/organizations.

This was passed in the early 1990s. Senator wanted you to view the relevant RCW below:

RCW 9.41.129

Recordkeeping requirements

The department of licensing may keep copies or records of applications
for concealed pistol licenses provided for in RCW 9.41.070
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070

copies or records of applications for alien firearm licenses, copies or records of applications to purchase pistols provided for in RCW 9.41.090
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.090

and copies or records of pistol transfers provided for in RCW 9.41.110
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.110

The copies and records shall not be disclosed except as provided in RCW 42.56.240
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=42.56.240

There was a time as a former 28 year police officer, I had concerns about my home address being made available to the public. There's a reason why our homes should be considered, "home sweet home."

Feel free to communicate any time.

Respectfully,

Senator Jerome Delvin

I heard that the Libs did the same thing in Tennessee not to long ago. Some of the locals fought fire with fire and posted the home addresses of the entire newspaper's staff and publisher, along with the comment that these people don't believe in the second amendment so they don't own guns (victims).
I believe the paper pulled it's list of CCW holders off of it's website.

Thanks TwoClones that was awesome, now we need to get Oregon onboard. I have a carry in both states like most of us on the border. If anyone is staying on top of this please post whenever they have a meeting and anyone we need to contact.

I heard that the Libs did the same thing in Tennessee not to long ago. Some of the locals fought fire with fire and posted the home addresses of the entire newspaper's staff and publisher, along with the comment that these people don't believe in the second amendment so they don't own guns (victims).
I believe the paper pulled it's list of CCW holders off of it's website.

I was one of the people who phoned that newspaper editor at his home in protest. :s0155: But I had to leave a message...

This news release from the NRA tells how the Harley Davidson dealer in Bloomington, Indiana spoke out against the Herald-Times for publishing CCW holders names and addresses.

<broken link removed>

Local Bloomington Business Stands Up for Second Amendment

Monday, December 21, 2009

Fairfax, Va. – The careless action by the Bloomington Herald-Times making public the private information of Indiana's Right-to-Carry permit holders drew widespread outrage after NRA alerted members to this senseless act and urged them to contact the paper and its advertisers to express their displeasure. Thanks to the efforts of NRA members, one of the newspaper’s pro-Second Amendment advertisers has taken a stand.

In a press release issued December 10 from Bloomington Harley-Davidson the business states, “Harley-Davidson of Bloomington believes in freedom and is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights … We believe the decision of the Herald-Times, a valued business partner, to publish a searchable database of gun permit holders in the state of Indiana by street, is an unnecessary and dangerous practice.”

“I want to sincerely thank Harley-Davidson of Bloomington for their strong support of Indiana gun owners. Gun owners appreciate their principled denunciation of the Bloomington Herald-Times’ reckless action of publishing a database of law-abiding right-to-carry permit holders,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA-ILA. “Our freedom is the cornerstone of our democracy, and we are grateful to have businesses like Harley-Davidson of Bloomington on the side of the Second Amendment.”

On Dec. 1 the Bloomington Herald-Times published a searchable database of individual law-abiding right-to-carry permit holders. While house numbers were not included, the database continues to be searchable by street name and zip code. It remains NRA’s firm belief that media outlets abuse their First Amendment rights when they harass and demonize lawful citizens for exercising their Second Amendment rights.

“Once again, NRA members and gun owners have stood up on principle, and have shown that they will not tolerate any effort by a media outlet to try and malign law-abiding gun owners” concluded Cox. “NRA remains steadfast in our commitment to seek a legislative remedy to ensure that media outlets in Indiana and across the country will no longer be able to exploit lawful gun owners.”

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top