JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
auditrevor... you are kidding right?

ya, your right, lets kill every one because we think we are god and get to decide who dies due to our judgement that they are a worthless human being. call me a libral bleeding heart or what ever you want but to me every human (good or not) can change and be a better person. people make big mistakes every day, some aren't in the right state of mind at the moment and just can't realize that these long term solutions (suicide) aren't what they need for their short term problems like loosing a family member, girl friend, job what ever it is or even coming down off a high or being strung out. you never know, that piece of bubblegum person may take their life for a 180 degree turn and end up being something great, chances are slim but it does happen.

ya, your right, lets kill every one because we think we are god and get to decide who dies due to our judgement that they are a worthless human being. call me a libral bleeding heart or what ever you want but to me every human (good or not) can change and be a better person. people make big mistakes every day, some aren't in the right state of mind at the moment and just can't realize that these long term solutions (suicide) aren't what they need for their short term problems like loosing a family member, girl friend, job what ever it is or even coming down off a high or being strung out. you never know, that piece of bubblegum person may take their life for a 180 degree turn and end up being something great, chances are slim but it does happen.

Chances are pretty slim I will let someone attack me with a knife too. ... Just sayin'

i live down here in so oregon and who knows what this guys problem was. he got tased first with no results because of the vest he had on so he got shot. bad desicion on his part and it cost him his life. that might be what he wanted (suicide by cop). time will tell if it was justified.

I'm also in medford and this incident has myself and many on the fence about it. On one side it sounds like he was just asking to die ( suicide by cop ), yet on the other side of the fence I wish the cops would have waited for a k9 or swat, rubber bullets, additional taser attempts ect, but either way it was a bad situation and its sad a kid died, troubled or not

Anyone here could have taken this kid out, disabled him, with non-lethal shotgun rounds. Other means also. But no one seems to notice, no one seems to care over time.

If a cop did this 30 years ago it would be on the national news. Unfortunately, cops must comply to the robot way. Twenty-three years of boob tube programming (COPS) has seen to that.

A cop that would have used non-deadly force to save the kid's life would have been persecuted for not 'following procedure' and probably fired. Cops that gun the kid down get a week off with pay and a pat on the back for a job well done.

I would like to see the cops that are brave and willing to take a little RISK to save a life, not just take one, be given the chance to do so. The way the system works now, that isn't going to happen.

Until you have walked 5 miles in another mans moccasins you can't tell him what to do. An old indian proverb that applies here. The man was brandishing a weapon and refused to comply with a legal order. The police want to go home in one piece after thier shift. This isn't a TV program or something you play on a computer, this is for real. So sad the person was killed, but take solace he won't be sending on his gene pool. Spad:s0131:

The day I can't kick an 18 year old's azz, including one with a big knife, via non-legal means ... just unplug me from the respirator. A night stick, pepper canister, baseball bat, rolling up coat on one arm, et al. No shot to center of mass required.

I teach knife tactics as well as all hand weapons and I gotta say this is BS.. and I will let the famous Paul Vunak explain why this is so

Last edited by a moderator:
Until you have walked 5 miles in another mans moccasins you can't tell him what to do. An old indian proverb that applies here. The man was brandishing a weapon and refused to comply with a legal order. The police want to go home in one piece after thier shift. This isn't a TV program or something you play on a computer, this is for real. So sad the person was killed, but take solace he won't be sending on his gene pool. Spad:s0131:

He was not a kid either.. he was a young man apparently intent on lethal combat as evidenced by the vest and knife

Some of the comments I have seen in this thread are sheer evidence of why we get some of the messed up court decisions we see. Armchair warriors who have never faced the dangers of real combat pontificating as to what should have been done. I wonder if they would have felt the same if instead of the cops being his target it was their family standing there

Anyone here could have taken this kid out, disabled him, with non-lethal shotgun rounds. Other means also. But no one seems to notice, no one seems to care over time.

If a cop did this 30 years ago it would be on the national news. Unfortunately, cops must comply to the robot way. Twenty-three years of boob tube programming (COPS) has seen to that.

A cop that would have used non-deadly force to save the kid's life would have been persecuted for not 'following procedure' and probably fired. Cops that gun the kid down get a week off with pay and a pat on the back for a job well done.

I would like to see the cops that are brave and willing to take a little RISK to save a life, not just take one, be given the chance to do so. The way the system works now, that isn't going to happen.

You obvioulsy are delusional to think that "being nice" to someone will defuse the situation. Cops do take risks every day. If the threat is there, man with knife, and within 20 feet that person lunges at anyone, even while being shot, there is a good chance that they will stab or slash the person that has just shot them. It happens. Its proven. Many cops have been killed at domestics where a knife is involved and they don't see it coming. Sounds like to me it was a good shoot. After reading your comments for the third time, I think that you owe all cops an apology for the comments "robot way" "following procedure", "a week off and a pat on the back for a job well done". etc. I find it offensive.

:bsflag:

The armchair quaterbacking gets thick in here, especially from those who've only heard shots on the range or their T.V.

Anyone here face down someone with a knife? Get attacked and not get cut?

The view appears to be pretty good from the cheap seats.

Does anyone here know the actual training any LE goes thru? vs training you've gone thru? Anyone here know the difference?

Is training just magically supposed to make things go well a higher percentage of the time?

Has everyone here been thru drivers ed? If so, there shouldn't be any collisions.

Taken specified training for your job? Then the expectation here tends to be...you will never mess up given that training.

Simply amazing how many SME's show up every time this kind of thing happens.

so if you had the choice to shoot and kill them or mase them or hit him with a bean bag gun which would you choose?

You put a lot of stock in a very ineffective "weapon".. men have taken a lot of lead and other lethal damage in battles over the centuries and still lived long enough to stand over their dead enemies. I bet I have been hit harder in fights and that did not stop me from taking out my attackers

You are also not realizing that if this guy would do this with cops, what would he do to less prepared average people around him after he gets out? This is a case where I don't mind thinning the herd

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top