JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Help represent responsible shooting on public lands!

• Total voters
Oh, the after party didn't happen. Everyone had places to go and things to do. Techieguy and I were the last ones out and we were both tried.

Made it home by 530. Ate some dinner and then washed the 2 inches of dust off the Explorer. Great people and beautiful area. Thank you Techieguy for staying and helping Cogs pack up. Happy Fathers Day all.

It was a pleasure to meet you all! Thank you for coming down and helping us Southern Oregon folks clean up our mess! I hope to catch up SO off-roaders when they do their clean up in January. And I'll owe you a clean up in the future up north some time!

This guy, techieguy, is a standup guy in my book. I met him at the cleanup iand he is a diehard volunteer. He open carried throughout the cleanup and no one blinked an eye about it. I was sure the BLM would not like that but they never said a word. Come to find out that most of the 5 BLM people there had firearms experience and we're perfectly fine with guns in the woods. He is very knowledgeable on firearms and very willing to share his experiences. A solid guy and great supporter of our 2nd amendment rights. Great meeting you and I'm looking forward to our next meeting.

Bill

I was a little discouraged that more folks didn't show up, I invited shooter from work that didn't show and I'm not sure how many folks on NWFA are living here in So Oregon, but I am please with those who came down so far to help in my back yard

I wouldn't get too discourage. A good clean up up here in the Portland metro is about 40 people and that's pulling from a much larger population. Peoples summer schedules fill up fast. Keep fighting the good fight.

Just got home this evening from a couple extra days off visiting with mom and bro's in K Falls. I'll have a report posted in the morning.

I was a little discouraged that more folks didn't show up, I invited shooter from work that didn't show and I'm not sure how many folks on NWFA are living here in So Oregon, but I am please with those who came down so far to help in my back yard

Tough weekend all round, as previously pointed out in the thread (Father's Day weekend, shows etc etc).

Sorry we missed it tho, & rite in the back yard just abouts too! Alas work conflict (saving lives and whatnot...). But knew we couldn't make it, so didn't acknowledge.

[I posted this to our website: 6-15-19 Anderson Butte Recreation Appreciation Day and FB page: Security Check Required ]

Volunteers, children and BLM officials made up our 18 person cleanup crew on a day full of conflicting activities! Southern Oregon University had their graduation on Saturday, a big classic car show in Medford and a beautiful Fathers Day weekend! However, there was still room for a little yard work in our backyard playground!

The BLM management staff was great! All were really good to work with and very supportive of our efforts. They highly encouraged us to expand our efforts and continue our outreach to recreational shooters in that area.

My heart goes out to the trail users, nearby residents and the BLM management as they have experienced, up close and personal, the disrespect of some shooters, vandals and dumpers on the Anderson Butte. That kind of rogue and illegal activity is not representative of target shooting, hunting, sportsmanship or stewardship. They need the help and support of responsible shooters who will spread the message of being responsible, respectful and appreciative of our great outdoors. Contact me, Bill Cogley, at Trash No Land to work together for the good of all recreation on the Butte.

We thank everyone who was involved...

• The BLM,

• Southern Oregon Off-Roaders Club,

• Les Schwab Tire Center,

• Star Body Works,

• Rogue Targets,

• Southern Oregon Subaru,

• Sportsman's Warehouse,

• Black Bird Shopping Center,

• Advantage Tire Pros
The photo's below tell the story of our day.

1_6.15.19 Anderson 1.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 2.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 3.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 4.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 5.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 6.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 8.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 9.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 10.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 11.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 12.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 13.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 14.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 15.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 16.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 17.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 18.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 19.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 20.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 21.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 22.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 23.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 24.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 25.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 26.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 27.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 28.jpg

1_6.15.19 Anderson 29.jpg

I'm glad you and the other participants were able to show that people do care. I hope this is the beginning of change. Where people will begin to realize that if they want to keep the outdoor traditions alive, conservation will have to be a primary focus.

I gotta answer the question some are asking... What kind of a car is that? So far I've been saying it's a mafia hit car. I like to think it's a holy roller! I suspected it to be a Rolls-Canardly (Rolls down one hill and Canardly make it up the other!). But really, it's a Nissan Altima (read that on the trunk lid).

1_6.15.19 Anderson 30.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads