JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We need better communication between gun rights supporters in Jackson County. I would have been there if I had known about it.

Hopefully they will pass something like the Idaho gun-rights bill that prevents enforcement of gun laws.

If anyone can comment on that website (I can't) it would be easy to reply with a good answer to this comment:

Eric Levin Guest

Why is a group called "pro-gun" when they are really anti-gun control. I did not read anything in the article about gun confiscation, although the rally was called anti-gun confiscation. Why shouldn't a citizen be responsible for the safe use of his property? He would be responsible is someone slipped on the ice in front of his house. Finally, what specific laws are not being enforced that would solve the problem of students being shot and killed in their high schools by their peers. I would be interested in reading those laws and advocating for their enforcement.« less

Here's what I'd reply if I could sign in:

@Eric Levin
IP43 confiscates most semi-automatic firearms. It does this by making it a felony to possess legal, currently owned semi-automatic firearms unless you register them (most are already registered when purchased) AND unless the owner goes thru a background check which most did already when they bought the guns, AND you have to show proof to the state police that the gun is stored as required by law. If you don't do ALL of that, then you are REQUIRED to get rid of the guns or else destroy them (this is the definition of confiscation). None of those requirements are voluntary - if you fail to do ALL of those you are a felon - the law will make felons out of hundreds of thousands of law abiding Oregonians.

You asked which laws would have prevented the school shootings. That would be the laws against threatening to harm or kill othe people. In most of the school shootings, the shooter had threatened to harm or kill others, and had been interviewed by the police. Threats to others is assault - it is a crime - and those shooters should have been arrested after the FIRST threat was made known to the police - but most of them made MULTIPLE threats and the police never did anything to them. If the police had enforced the assault charges the shooter would have been unable to legally buy or own a firearm because of their criminal record; thus the shootings would not have occurred.

Gun control laws are not followed by criminals - that's why they're criminals. It does not make anyone safer if a law-abiding citizen complies with gun control laws because law-abiding gun owners would never harm someone with a gun other than in self-defense.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top