JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last show I went to here was a bust for me. The dealers seemed to think everything was gold. Hey dealers, the gun shortage has eased. I can find any gun I want today for less than retail and that includes black rifles. I'm well stocked on ammo and components for reloading.

I don't "need" anything. I've been on a buying spree for 18 months along with a lot of other people.

If someone reports back that there are great deals at the gun show I'll wander over there. Otherwise I have better things to do than see what I saw the last time.

If I "need" something I'll just get a hold of Jack at Dan-Dee Sales (again) or Coctailer (again) or another of our own dealers here and come out way ahead of that last show down here.

$.02

Last one I went to was a total bust... walked the entire show and left empty handed in less than an hour.

They can't all be busts though, right? I'm going to head over later today and and I will report back on the quality/prices.

Last one I went to was a total bust... walked the entire show and left empty handed in less than an hour.

They can't all be busts though, right? I'm going to head over later today and and I will report back on the quality/prices.

Thanks!

Right now, we woke up to a pipe leaking (slightly) in a bathroom wall. Just enough to show slight dampness on the wall and a damp carpet. Fortunately the dampness is inside the closet and not outside where it's wallpapered. I have a plumber coming at 9:00 AM (in about 20 minutes.) The well pump is shut off and the house is drained.

My mood isn't for a gun show at the moment. :D :D

Wandered down to the show more for something to do than for having any hope of a good deal. There was maybe 100 tables, dominated by "junk" dealers and a bunch of books. I'm thinking less than half the tables had guns. Those tables were mostly way over priced. Saw some $25 bricks of 22RF, $20 for boresnakes, several new $250 10/22's...that sort of thing. I drug around my 99% Kimber of Oregon 22 Hornet, Beautiful wood, Talley QD Rings and an extra clip as trading stock...just in case...had a dealer offer me $600 for it out of the goodness of his heart...:). I passed.

I guess I'm saying it was a bust :(

Wandered down to the show more for something to do than for having any hope of a good deal. There was maybe 100 tables, dominated by "junk" dealers and a bunch of books. I'm thinking less than half the tables had guns. Those tables were mostly way over priced. Saw some $25 bricks of 22RF, $20 for boresnakes, several new $250 10/22's...that sort of thing. I drug around my 99% Kimber of Oregon 22 Hornet, Beautiful wood, Talley QD Rings and an extra clip as trading stock...just in case...had a dealer offer me $600 for it out of the goodness of his heart...:). I passed.

I guess I'm saying it was a bust :(

Thanks for the report. I guess I was better off having the broken pipe fixed. When the house was built 2 years ago, it appears that the plumber tightened the pipe threads on a toilet shut-off valve too tight and the brass finally split. It was a slow leak and the water ran along the framing into a closet. We do have a nice hole sawed into a wallpapered wall in the room next to the bathroom so the plumber could access the plumbing behind the toilet.

It would have been cheaper to have gone to the gun show and gotten ripped off. :D

Naw, the plumber didn't rip us at all - it's just additive. Still have to fix the sheet rock and the wallpaper. :(

Thanks again for the report. :s0155:

way to expensive of the guns and ammo and primers @ most tables .. found some 762r brass , walnut media and an ammo can .. only spent $20 and had a lot left over in my pocket when i left .. Don

It was not a bad show really. Many of the prices were actually pretty good, EXCEPT for the 10/22s. I saw one bone stock one for $395! I could'nt believe it.

Quite a few HOT chicks there today. It was worth the five bucks admission to see them.

Dang! sounds like I missed out on all the good stuff. Seems like all the deals were snatched up right before I got there... Did put me in the mood to buy though, and I ended up picking up a S&W Airweight .38 from Big R, that I am in love with (hope it isn't fleeting ;)

I keep forgetting that people say Big R has guns. I've been in the store a lot of times but never looked for or saw guns. I'm always in the farm supply stuff. I guess there's another indy gun store in WC too but I haven't seen it either. I'm going to need to take a trip out there.

Are Big R's prices any good - guns and/or ammo?

Ammo prices are not so good, but they do have lots in stock (Bi-Mart is much cheaper).
The gun prices are pretty competitive, (the Taurus I thought I was going to get was $345 at Good Guys, $385 at the gun show, and $329 at Big R).
And it's the only place I know of in the valley that you can buy a handgun on Sunday!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top