JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/1111091medals1.html

Medals Of Dishonor
FBI: Prodigiously decorated California man never served in military......:s0154:

NOVEMBER 11--Just in time for Veteran's Day, a California bank employee is facing federal charges for allegedly masquerading as a decorated Marine and wearing a host of bogus medals, including the Purple Heart, Bronze Star, and Navy Cross. Steven Burton, 39, is scheduled to surrender tomorrow in U.S. District Court in Riverside, California (Burton, who has never served in the armed forces, was named last week in a misdemeanor criminal information charging him with the unauthorized wearing of military medals). According to a search warrant affidavit, Burton's charade was discovered after an actual Navy commander, Colleen Salonga, ran into Burton at their high school reunion. Online records indicate that Salonga and Burton graduated in 1988 from Alhambra High School in Martinez, California (and that their class's 20th reunion was last October). Suspicious that Burton was playing dress up, Salonga asked to take a photo with him. That image, seen below, was later provided to FBI agents. A subsequent investigation turned up another photo of Burton in uniform as well as blog postings in which he recounted his "combat experience" and tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. In the real world, Burton is employed at Rabobank in Palm Springs, California. (8 pages)

2myytxy.jpg

This site gives you an idea of how prevalent, widespread the problem of military phonies/wannabees-phony POWs, war Vets, Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Special Forces, Marine Recon, MOH and other medal recipients, “CIA assassins”, etc. really is:

http://www.pownetwork.org/

According to this site, someone like the clown above can be prosecuted for wearing military awards he/she is not entitled to under the 2005 Stolen Valor Act.

hahaha! Like that guy would even make it threw Boot! It is kind of a dead give away that he is fake with all that fruit salad and being a Master Gunny! He would have had to enlisted right out of high school and been one bad ace sob to do that well.

hahaha! Like that guy would even make it threw Boot! It is kind of a dead give away that he is fake with all that fruit salad and being a Master Gunny! He would have had to enlisted right out of high school and been one bad ace sob to do that well.
That was what I was thinking. I was very fast advancing when i was in the military due in part to my MOS and in part to the fact I already had a two year degree at eighteen. I advanced to E-5 pretty quickly before graduating from ROTC and getting my commission. Still, I was nowhere close to the pace this guy would have had to be advancing. If I had stayed in I would only be a major now (if things went well) and that is not nearly as high up the commissioned ladder as this guy is up the non-com ladder.

I used to work for a guy like that. He had all these stories about his experiences in Vietnam, that just didn't ring true. I eventually found out from some guys that grew up in the same town as him that he was never in the military at all. He was a real dirt ball.

Also, What kind of favors did this guy get from people. Free meals, resoect from people for the uniform etc. How many peoples hearts went out to this guy for what he supposedly did or the stories he told. He did more than just wear the uniform.
I would think now more than ever they need to make an example of this guy. How many more people will there be like this with the war going on for years.
I would give the shirt off my back to someone that has served if they are in need and I am sure most would that support the troops.

Also, What kind of favors did this guy get from people. Free meals, resoect from people for the uniform etc. How many peoples hearts went out to this guy for what he supposedly did or the stories he told. He did more than just wear the uniform.
I would think now more than ever they need to make an example of this guy. How many more people will there be like this with the war going on for years.
I would give the shirt off my back to someone that has served if they are in need and I am sure most would that support the troops.
Some of my employees give me some flack because I give one of my bartenders special privileges. Like when I did not get mad at him for driving to WA last week with only a couple hours notice to take a physical for a position with the national guard and how I do not make him cover his own shifts when he has reserve duty. I always tell them that if they get off their asses and put on a uniform and serve they will get the same treatment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top