JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have this MechTech upper for compact Glock 9mm. I'm going to be ordering a dedicated "lower" for it off Gunbroker next week and I'm toying with the idea of making it into an SBR, maybe 9 or 10"?

Any thoughts? If I did do it where would I engrave the appropriate markings on the Glock frame?

You can engrave the "frame, receiver, or barrel".

I would say the Mech Tech barrel would be a good place.

Some other kits like the Roni might offer you more flexibility since they use the whole Glock pistol (I believe that is the case). With the Glock pistol itself registered as the Sbr you could play with a lot more configurations vs locking yourself into the Mech Tech only. Fab Defense's kits are also sweet.

I was attracted to the Mech Tech a couple years ago, but they don't seem to be keen on suppressors or doing any threading.

I would have to say the Roni kit (G2) is my favorite - Photo Gallery

If you don't care about suppression the Mech Tech would probably be great also.

You can engrave the "frame, receiver, or barrel".

I would say the Mech Tech barrel would be a good place.

Some other kits like the Roni might offer you more flexibility since they use the whole Glock pistol (I believe that is the case). With the Glock pistol itself registered as the Sbr you could play with a lot more configurations vs locking yourself into the Mech Tech only. Fab Defense's kits are also sweet.

I was attracted to the Mech Tech a couple years ago, but they don't seem to be keen on suppressors or doing any threading.

I would have to say the Roni kit (G2) is my favorite - Photo Gallery

If you don't care about suppression the Mech Tech would probably be great also.

Brand new Glock frames are available for $169-200 on Gunbroker, so there's no lost money in paying for a full pistol and only using half since you can just buy the half you need!

As far as threading, if I SBR'd it I'd take it to a gunsmith for shortening and recrowning anyway so I might as well have it threaded at the same time.

If I engraved the upper would I just come up with my own serial number?

Looks like the serial number has to be engraved on the receiver itself; all the other markings can go on the barrel or frame. From the ATF Handbook:

" The serial number must be engraved or stamped on the receiver of the firearm and the caliber, model, and identification of the maker must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top