JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, I think it can use any of the glock mags but I'm not sure, I can only get a 2 finger grip on it but my wife can get a full grip on it. Had to figure out a way that the wife could charge it but with that figured out she likes it too.

The only reason I asked is they make 2 versions. The one that take Glock and the one that takes one of 3 other mags. The one advantage of the other set up is it does not matter which mag it's set up for when you buy it. You can switch between any of them with just a change out of the mag catch. This was another of the great idea's they came out with. Mine are both Glock as I did not own any of the pistols the other set up fits so did not matter to me.
They are a LOT of fun and the size and weight make them a great little rifle.

We have 2 older units. A 1911 unit with an older gunsmith kit frame that used a framed frame so no adapter needed.

The other is a second one for a Glock 17 for the wife. On this one the length of pull was too long, so I shortened the butt stock by 9/16" , the most I could go.

I've shot both of them in steel plate matches and never had a hic-up.
On another issue I got to compare the 9mm against a Palmetto Arms 9mm on a AR platform, and a Colt AR9. The Mech Tech had far less recoil then both of them. It's a soft push against a sharp slam.

View attachment 394241 View attachment 394242 View attachment 394243 View attachment 394244

:oops: Wow I wrote the above before I had my first cup of coffee. The 1911 unit uses a P14 Para Ordnance lower

Some wrote above about the screen door style recoil spring they use. That's a perfect description. The pencil thin spring stretches as the bolt goes back. However I'm still using the same original springs in both our CCUs with no problems. Using 124 cast bullets.
The one annoyance was a vibration / twang you heard in your ear from the spring when the the bolt cycled.
They recommend a drop of silicone between the spring coils. What I did was also stick a straw through the coils.

I must sound like a rep for this company but I'm not. I've had big issues with this company in the past as I posted about. But IMHO the product is good.

Just make sure if you order from them that they notify you when it's gonna be shipped, that they require a signature when delivered.

Last Edited:
View attachment 394238
Well I found a sub2000 gen 2 for a decent price that should work reasonably well for PCC competitions, it fits nicely beside the bed and with a little practice my wife should be able to shoot it well. Still planning on getting the CCU though for more power.

I looked at a brand new Sub2000 at a gun dealer last week... Gotta have one!!! It was a top folder; maybe I need to go back to see how that is because all the ones I saw on Gunbroker were side folder. :confused:

I looked at a brand new Sub2000 at a gun dealer last week... Gotta have one!!! It was a top folder; maybe I need to go back to see how that is because all the ones I saw on Gunbroker were side folder. :confused:

??? The Kel-Tec Sub2000 and the forerunner, the Sub 9 and Sub 40 have always been top folding. Not sure what you must have seen on the auction.
The original design used a lot of Alloy and because of that they sold for what an AR was going for. Later they went with a lot more polymer to bring the price to less than half. Then they went to the Gen II a while ago. The Gen II fixed one of the biggest shortcomings of the Gen I, the sights. MUCH better on the Gen II. The S2K's are like all guns, not for everyone. I do VERY much like mine though. Many who have shot one of mine went to buy one.

:oops: Wow I wrote the above before I had my first cup of coffee. The 1911 unit uses a P14 Para Ordnance lower

Some wrote above about the screen door style recoil spring they use. That's a perfect description. The pencil thin spring stretches as the bolt goes back. However I'm still using the same original springs in both our CCUs with no problems. Using 124 cast bullets.
The one annoyance was a vibration / twang you heard in your ear from the spring when the the bolt cycled.
They recommend a drop of silicone between the spring coils. What I did was also stick a straw through the coils.

I must sound like a rep for this company but I'm not. I've had big issues with this company in the past as I posted about. But IMHO the product is good.

Just make sure if you order from them that they notify you when it's gonna be shipped, that they require a signature when delivered.

That was one thing that shocked me when I bought my last one (Mech-Tech). They did notify me with the tracking by Fed-Ex. When they showed up though they just tossed the box on the porch and drove off. I was shocked by that. Lot of money laying there if they had done that when I was not home.

??? The Kel-Tec Sub2000 and the forerunner, the Sub 9 and Sub 40 have always been top folding. Not sure what you must have seen on the auction.
The original design used a lot of Alloy and because of that they sold for what an AR was going for. Later they went with a lot more polymer to bring the price to less than half. Then they went to the Gen II a while ago. The Gen II fixed one of the biggest shortcomings of the Gen I, the sights. MUCH better on the Gen II. The S2K's are like all guns, not for everyone. I do VERY much like mine though. Many who have shot one of mine went to buy one.

I must have dreamed it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thx for the info!!!

I didn't know it was just a generic term for a double stack 1911.
I would be of the opinion that the P-14 is the generic name for a 1911 Double Stack since it had been around for some time BEFORE 2011. I believe that Colt offered a number of Single Stack guns as Anniversary Editions and called them 2011s which seemed proper. Just my thoughts.:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top