JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cut Above Pawn didn't request to hold the gun. I've not heard of any others that did that.
I think it depends on the FFL and sale in question. @LuckySG is about ~20 minutes from me but was closer still to a guy who wanted to buy a rifle that I had for sale. The BGC didn't come back right away and he got put in the queue. Jeremy was nice enough to hold the rifle so that I didn't have to make a return trip when the BGC cleared.

Seems like everybody here has given some sound advice! To simplify it go to an FFL / Pawnshop keep the gun unloaded bring it to the counter the FFL will give it a Safety inspection. After which most FFL will allow the potential buyer a chance to look over the gun before starting the paperwork process. If you both agree you want to go through with the transfer paperwork gets started and put into the system then your waiting for the BC to clear. When selling a gun it is always good to know if the potential buyer has a CHL this will likely speed up the process which is good news for the seller. I typically stay with the buyer at the FFL until their BC clears so there is no confusion! Most of the time they will be able to walk out with the gun within a matter of minutes. Not always but most of the time! It's fairly simple try not to get to overwhelm if you have any question in the process the FFL will walk you through it! Be sure you get paid in cash no checks or money order crap! Best of luck to you in your first sale!
Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads