JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stop the white deer killing in NY state and within four years there will be so many deer being used as hood ornaments and so more people injured and dying, the beading hearts will go to there corner quietly and hide.
They bread like rabbits and they taste good.
http://www.nytimes.com/1982/11/22/n...ord-level-for-hunting-season-in-new-york.html
The above is the first rip I found therefor the post is an old one but the issues have not changed
Silver Hand

Meat is Murder!!!!
Yes its tasty, tasty Murder. deer jerky.

Joking aside taking the life of an animal for the reason of meat is
100% the way of life. Do these crazy nutbags want to ban wolves for ripping the throats out of
a deer and leaving it to kick scream and end in death while being eaten alive. Nature is way more violent then people, if only these idiots would see reality. I guess they are the type that see a great white shark and go here fishy fishy :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:oops::confused::(:mad:

I belong to PETA, people eating tasty animals, that being said, I do take exception with the statement that nature is more violent than people. Nature usually kills to survive in order to feed themselves or prevent being eaten. Man is the only creature who kills wantonly and commits war on it's own kind for just about any reason it can dream up.
Gabby

Usually it's the ruling class who does that. Don't judge the rest of us by their actions.

Göring: "Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship."
Gilbert: "There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars."
Göring: "Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
-- Reichsmarshal Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg trials

I belong to PETA, people eating tasty animals, that being said, I do take exception with the statement that nature is more violent than people. Nature usually kills to survive in order to feed themselves or prevent being eaten. Man is the only creature who kills wantonly and commits war on it's own kind for just about any reason it can dream up.
Gabby

Humans are one of the few creatures that will not discard or kill the injured and sick. In nature that is done daily without thought.
Humans do think about killing, its why we often demand or discuss before we kill. Most animals decide you die now, no reason no thought just survival. Don't get me wrong yes humans are violent and do kill at will sometimes but not as a rule. Animals do not have anywhere near the cognitive thought process we do. Its why when a person cuts us off on the road we all don't just take to killing people even though for some it may cross their minds. Meanwhile a wolf and a cougar will fight to the death over a scrap of meat. We could say being cut off the person could have killed us and then justified murder but we don't. Humans are not animals and animals are not humans, I do not think war is violent nor is killing, its just sadly the way it is and being we do not like it we call it violent. There exist no time in history of a culture that did not have to endure murder and killing its just who we are, but we do not do so at will like Animals do, we tend to think about it and does that make or worse or better when it comes to being violent? I do not know does premeditation of a death make it any more or less violent ?

Gabby

This is a commonly held notion that is purely mythological and completely untrue.

You only have to look to some of our ape cousins to find the exact behaviors you're describing.

Would you like me to link you to video of chimpanzees torturing a colleague to death while the single chimp who didn't want to participate looks on from a nearby tree with guilt and sorrow on his face?

Many kinds of apes have wars, just like our own. They organize patrols, divide troops into smaller units, use a variety of strategies and tactics, and go to war in a very similar fashion to ourselves.

You must never owned or been around outdoor cars if you think humans are the only animals that commit violence for fun. Many dogs aren't much better.

My ex's cat has killed innumerable mice and rats, taking forever to play with and swing around and bat around the screaming rodent. He would rarely eat them. He just liked playing with them, torturing them essentially.

There are a ton of examples of needless, horrific violence perpetrated by all kinds of animals that have nothing to do with eating or self defense.

Gabby
This is a commonly held notion that is purely mythological and completely untrue.

You only have to look to some of our ape cousins to find the exact behaviors you're describing.

Would you like me to link you to video of chimpanzees torturing a colleague to death while the single chimp who didn't want to participate looks on from a nearby tree with guilt and sorrow on his face?

Many kinds of apes have wars, just like our own. They organize patrols, divide troops into smaller units, use a variety of strategies and tactics, and go to war in a very similar fashion to ourselves.

You must never owned or been around outdoor cars if you think humans are the only animals that commit violence for fun. Many dogs aren't much better.

My ex's cat has killed innumerable mice and rats, taking forever to play with and swing around and bat around the screaming rodent. He would rarely eat them. He just liked playing with them, torturing them essentially.

There are a ton of examples of needless, horrific violence perpetrated by all kinds of animals that have nothing to do with eating or self defense.
Pretty much said what I was thinking. Animals require sustenance, security, and entertainment. Given their own devices, most predators will entertain themselves by doing what they do best, killing. That is why they become a problem in suburban areas, once they are fed, then become bored and start killing little Fido, or whatever they find. I'm talking mostly about large predators here, but the same goes for house cats and song birds. (Entertainment)

Territorial disputes in many animal communities often lead to grave injury or death, think about sea lions or walrus colonies. How many nature documentaries have you seen chronicle members chasing and injuring members of the same species simply because they pose some threat to the perceived security of the colony? And how about Lions? When a new lion takes over a pride, it has been shown that he kills all the young cubs who aren't his offspring. The same behavior has been witnessed in many other social animals as well, even zebras do this.
(Security)

These are just a few examples of things that go in defiance of the "Green Religion" ideal that states that we are the only intentionally violent critters on earth. Fact is, we aren't, and those wacko's need to get over it. It is a mental illness and horrible propaganda that tries to make out humankind as the greatest evil on earth.

I did qualify my statement with "usually" but I doubt anyone noticed that.
We as humans have a tendency to assign human feelings to animals.
sure there are exceptions of behavior in nature, but show me animals that
exhibit hatred toward their own kind. Many do show dominance but usually
once the dominated one gives way the antagonist quits. That's called pecking order.
And yes humans do it too. Domestic animals have a tendency to exhibit bizarre activity out of boredom, hunting is a natural activity that we as food providers have made redundant, but the urge to hunt is still there, and many predators do go off their rockers now and then for reasons we'll never know. Watch animals in zoos and you will see masturbation, and eating their own feces and all sorts of weird things. Ants and their ilk fight for territory and resources, and it is purely instinctual and without malice.
I contend humans ability to experience hatred has lead to many more atrocities and deaths for no reason than the animal world can be held accountable for. I know Chimps have been known to murder other chimps but usually they eat the victim and it is believed they do so for dietary reasons. Vegetation is often lacking in protein especially in a rain forest / jungle where the excess rain fall leeches the nutrients from the soil, and to top it off Chimps are omnivorous in the first place. Just like us! LOL
Gabby

Then we have this gem, and the untold millions of "gun violence" "victims" in our country...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jay-shooster/the-victims-of-gun-violen_b_9112200.html

Words fail me.

:D

Seriously - humans are omnivores.

There are many types of vegans - ranging from those who don't eat meat for health reasons to those who don't eat meat for moral or spiritual reasons. Whatever floats their boat as long as they don't tell me what I can or cannot eat.

Not going to go any further on this. It is an emotion laden issue that most will not apply logic to. I like meat - especially bacon :D - but I have cut down a lot on the amount I eat, and I still get the same enjoyment out of it. :cool:

I did qualify my statement with "usually" but I doubt anyone noticed that.
We as humans have a tendency to assign human feelings to animals.
sure there are exceptions of behavior in nature, but show me animals that
exhibit hatred toward their own kind.

Animals exhibit most every emotion we exhibit. We are animals ourselves after all, and we have the same underlying emotional centers in our brains as other animals.

Prey will exhibit hatred of predators. Elephants and cape buffalo and some other prey animals will show "hate" towards predators. Some birds will show hate towards snakes and hunting birds. And no, it isn't always fear.

As humans we do sometimes attribute some actions of animals to an emotion when in fact the action is often better attributable to instinct or even self interest - e.g., a cat rubbing against you or similar display of "affection" is quite often more of a display of self-interest of one sort or another - such as leaving their scent on you; as you mentioned, some form of dominance.

Hatred is an emotion very closely related to fear, so I wouldn't say we are the only animal capable of it. We as humans are more animalistic than we like to admit, especially when in groups and in emotionally charged situations.

Ants and their ilk fight for territory and resources,

Hm, sounds familiar. What do humans wage war for? Resources, territory, power which often comes from the first two. :rolleyes:

show me animals that
exhibit hatred toward their own kind. Many do show dominance but usually

Not necessarily hate, but a lion will kill the cubs just to bone the mom.

Nature usually kills to survive in order to feed themselves or prevent being eaten. Man is the only creature who kills wantonly and commits war on it's own kind for just about any reason it can dream up.
Gabby
strongly disagree, animals will often kill for access to food, territory and sex which is to say to make their genetic code dominant in any given environment which is exactly what PPL do.
Biologists have long noted that species will tend to evolve behaviors which best aid them to effectively exploit their environment. Among these behavioral life history traits are reproductive strategies. Reproductive strategies are, as the name implies, the strategies individuals will use to reproduce. Here we will focus upon the two strategies demonstrated in r/K Selection Theory in Evolutionary Biology.
http://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/the-theory/rk-selection-theory/

Nature usually kills to survive in order to feed themselves or prevent being eaten. Man is the only creature who kills wantonly and commits war on it's own kind for just about any reason it can dream up.
Gabby
strongly disagree, animals will often kill for access to food, territory and sex
Look at feral "domestic" cats, and Coyotes and the "Eastern Coyote/Wolf hybrids" and wolves for great examples of animals that kills wantonly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top