JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's put things into perspective here. I come from Montana, that has a population of less than a million people. What is the population of the greater Portland area and Multnomah county? How does this geographic area traditionally vote? If one pays attention, this voter block is predominantly Democrat. When was the last time Oregon had a Republican governor? Been awhile, hasn't it? Sure, at the state level of government, there are some Republicans from the east side, mainly the agricultural counties, but the money and power all come from the large population centers, and they are quite liberal and vote Democrat

Some proposed bills in Congress address "disenfranchised voters". One bill before Congress would allow voter registration at the polls on election day. That would make it next to impossible to detect, let alone prevent, voter fraud. That bill is proposed by a Democrat. Huh.

The Democrats have gotten pretty good at crying "Wolf", and any Dem that says they are against 90, well, I just wouldn't buy that line. Vote for 90, you'll pay for a Cadillac and drive off the lot in a Yugo. What warranty??

Keep in mind, this is how the California system works. There are always two Democrats in the general election because the Republican candidates were shut out in the primaries.

Thinking that measure 90 would help independents is ridiculous. With measure 90 in place, there won't even be independents on the general election ballot, as we have now, since they won't make it past the primaries.

This is a big picture issue and the liberals are hoping that people won't see what it really does.

Quoted so it can be seen again.

The downside: Imagine if you have two heavily progressive anti-gun people to vote for in November. Who do you choose?

This is an attempt to circumvent the way that our system is setup. It's setup so everyone can vote for who they want from their political party in November.

it's important that this doesnt pass. not just for the democrats but for republicans, independents and the green party folks. I can't imagine how disgusting it would be to have NO representing party in november. It would be terrible.

I don't belong to one of the 2 major parties, so I don't get to vote in the primaries. But even though that ticks me off, I'm against Measure 90 because the last thing I want to see are 2 anti-gun Democrats up against each other in the general election.

What I would rather see is what they have in some states - the 2 big parties opening their primaries to Independents, Libertarians, etc. That is something I'd be open for. That way I still get to have a say, but in the general election, we know there will still be at least 2 from different parties to choose from.

No on 90 for me!

I'm filling my ballot out tonight. Voting NO this time around. Minor parties aren't organized enough or in sufficient numbers to beat the Dems who have a near lock up on this State all ready. A total Dem lock up would mean even greater losses of gun rights here in Oregon IMO.
If that happens, Washington State's I594 will look almost pro-gun compared to what they'll be pushing in Salem!
As you know many Legislators in OR feel Gun Ownership is only a privilege and should be regulated as such!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top