JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2014/10/public_employee_unions_step_up.html
Seems like the Dems and their backers are worried about the losing the lock they have on this State if measure 90 passes.
Repubs don't like it either!

Third party candidates would have a chance I'm told. Also you may have an Election where your only two choices are Dem or (not likely) Rep.

Question:
The kind of 3rd part candidate that would make it big in Oregon. Would they be pro- gun????

Am I understanding the measure right. Top two majority of the State Votes in Primaries goes to the Main Election.
And if someone gets over 50% of all votes there will be No main Election?

Many conservatives I know are Independent and don't vote Primaries. Don't think that is the same for most Libs in this State.

Seems to me that the importance of the general election would transfer to the primaries, especially since if the candidate gets 50.1 percent of vote in primary then the general election for that position doesn't happen.

Whether or not the candidate would be pro-constitution (2nd amendment) or not, who knows. It could go either way. But I will say this: Some BS law will never compel me to turn in my firearms nor register them or any other draconian thing a tyrant can think of to disarm me. I urge everyone else to follow suit.

And back to measure 90. I'm tempted to vote for it as it seems like it puts a hair up the butt of both dems and reps - two sides to same coin in my opinion - and would be interesting to see how they deal with it and what kind of candidates rise to top.

The measure stinks. Look who is backing it. I don't know this Arnold guy from Adam, but the name Bloomberg should be setting off alarms everywhere. Yeah, it's THAT Bloomberg.

Keep in mind, this is how the California system works. There are always two Democrats in the general election because the Republican candidates were shut out in the primaries.

Thinking that measure 90 would help independents is ridiculous. With measure 90 in place, there won't even be independents on the general election ballot, as we have now, since they won't make it past the primaries.

This is a big picture issue and the liberals are hoping that people won't see what it really does.

I have not looked at either CA law or this measure yet, but I saw an argument somewhere that basically stated Oregon would go the way of CA as far as which party has dominion.

I have no knowledge at this time that either proves or disproves this argument, just throwing it out there.

If that's true, that's a very good point indeed!

I was reading a bill summary online and it had a list of people in opposition and most of the minor parties were listed there. In the voter pamphlet, the progress and green parties have written letters in opposition and none of the minor parties have written letters in favor. However, I do feel compelled to go against something both the Democrats and Republican are pushing so hard against. However, for Oregon, I feel it will do nothing more then bring more politicians who don't think like me or support my hobbies into power.

Have you noticed that the Dems will always vote lockstep with the party?
I feel that the Repubs are partly in the undecided mode and unhappy with the leadership which has been lacking the last decade or so.
The way I have been looking at things like this is both parties have done irreparable damage to our country and states the last 100 years or so.
Now the question arises if we are really satisfied with the status quo. REALLY really happy? Or just complacent and too lazy to actively change it.

Now the question arises if we are really satisfied with the status quo. REALLY really happy? Or just complacent and too lazy to actively change it.

Measure 90 won't change the status quo, in my opinion it's just further going to reinforce it. I would like measure 90 to really bring change, for minor parties to have more of a chance. But in Oregon, were the voting power lies, we're just going to get more of the same, or worse.

Damn! This voting thing is hard on the brain:mad:
If only more would take the time to think about their choice a little, instead of just blindly going with the
crowd or following the MSM, Teachers, family etc., then our freedoms wouldn't be disappearing so fast!

If the Dems are against it, common wisdom tells me it should fail in this State. Still I'm going to research it some more before I Vote.

Good luck on this one people, it's a bit murky who would benefit and there seems to be plenty of Joseph Goebbels style disinformation, (from the Dems??) floating around. I mean SOMEBODY has to like this, but they aren't admitting it.

As I wrote above, I believe it shifts the importance of the general election to the primary. Moreover, now everyone is allowed to vote in the primary.

As I see it, for right or wrong, you should have a candidate more representative of the PEOPLE on the ballot as you had more people voting for them vs. just registered democrats / republicans.

Or am I missing something?

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2014/10/public_employee_unions_step_up.html
Seems like the Dems and their backers are worried about the losing the lock they have on this State if measure 90 passes.
Repubs don't like it either!

Third party candidates would have a chance I'm told. Also you may have an Election where your only two choices are Dem or (not likely) Rep.

Question:
The kind of 3rd part candidate that would make it big in Oregon. Would they be pro- gun????

Am I understanding the measure right. Top two majority of the State Votes in Primaries goes to the Main Election.
And if someone gets over 50% of all votes there will be No main Election?

Many conservatives I know are Independent and don't vote Primaries. Don't think that is the same for most Libs in this State.

100% no vote on this one. If it passes the Dems lock up Oregon. No damned way. I like the system we have over this.

I always considered the primary elections as the method each party decided on their candidates for the general election. Measure 90 would sure screw that up. You just know that for state offices and any local offices near the I5 corridor would end up with two democrats (or one democrat with >50%)

elsie

I always considered the primary elections as the method each party decided on their candidates for the general election. Measure 90 would sure screw that up. You just know that for state offices and any local offices near the I5 corridor would end up with two democrats (or one democrat with >50%)

elsie

And most ALL candidates would end up being democrat in the general in Portland and its suburbs, Eugene, Bend and every little hippy town like Ashland in the state. No way in hell can we let 90 pass !
Anyone supporting 90 has to be buried deep in the left field.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top