JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Add to that; there is talk about "stacking" the SCOTUS by adding more Justices, specifically appointing new Justices that when combined with the 3 known anti2A activists, would undo/overturn previous SCOTUS decisions.
Good point. It may be a strategy of stall, stall, stall until they can stack scotus. It's really the only thing they can do being that the law is 100% not on their side. Maybe scotus will speed things up to close that door (I hope).

Good point. It may be a strategy of stall, stall, stall until they can stack scotus. It's really the only thing they can do being that the law is 100% not on their side. Maybe scotus will speed things up to close that door (I hope).
40xb09.jpg
Clicky to embiggen :rolleyes:

Add to that; there is talk about "stacking" the SCOTUS by adding more Justices, specifically appointing new Justices that when combined with the 3 known anti2A activists, would undo/overturn previous SCOTUS decisions.
Rational actors know that if the Court is packed that way now, the next non-D administration will undo the effect by adding its own new justices. Of course, 'rational actors' are pretty rare these days.

But I do think the delay game here is to allow Thomas, at least, to retire and be replaced by an anti.

Rational actors know that if the Court is packed that way now, the next non-D administration will undo the effect by adding its own new justices. Of course, 'rational actors' are pretty rare these days.

But I do think the delay game here is to allow Thomas, at least, to retire and be replaced by an anti.
Even just replace Thomas, there's still a 5-4 split. They'd want to also replace a few more perhaps by impeachment

Actually, it's very simple, Money and Power. Remember, Mike Bloomingturd promised 25 million to fight for his anti gun agenda, and he promised to take that fight to the states, so it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out who is behind all this, and I wouldn't be surprised to find Immergut is in on all this, maybe not money, but certainly power, this has put her name and face on it, she is "Somebody Now" instead of just another minion of mediocrity!

Idiots like Newsom, Kotex, Insley, that's different, I bet not only did they get big money from Bloomingturd, but a bunch of other rabid leftist Democraps too, and the sec state and State A.G's as well!
Exactly. Money and power is the stuff modern legislation and laws are forged from. What's legal now was illegal a few scant years ago and vice versa. Obeying laws are for suckers. As long as I'm not adversely affecting my fellow man and woman I'll keep my head down and do as I please, just like I've always done.

There, rant over.

Even just replace Thomas, there's still a 5-4 split. They'd want to also replace a few more perhaps by impeachment
They need to be careful with that because the pendulum always swings back the other way. Anything they attempt to do with the SCOTUS when they have power, will be done to them when they are not in power….

If the republicans can grow a spine and cojones…

Just getting back home after driving from Portland. Will try to get something written up tonight or tomorrow morning. Defense spent their time trying to impeach witnesses. It was rather tasteless and obviously one sided. It was almost as if he was trying to impress a jury but this is a bench trial. The state repeated the same old half truths they've been using for months. Interesting how they would read only half of a SCOTUS opinion and then stop to make their case. Rather disappointed that our $1million+ is being spent by lawyers telling half truths.

Like I said, will give more details later.

Here is what I just got from the OSSA:
ate: June 10, 2023.
From: Kerry Spurgin, President, Oregon State Shooting Association (OSSA).

Dear Michael Mackie,
(Addressed to present members of OSSA)

Our federal trial was completed with closing arguments presented yesterday, June 9th​. We expect a ruling within 2 weeks. Meanwhile, the State court stay is in place until September.

The closing arguments made by our lawyer Matthew Rowan were "Masterful". Matthew covered every legal argument. In contrast, the defendant's closing lacked arguments of the legal standing of their case. It's now the Judge's task to apply the constitution, recent case law from the US Supreme Court, and rule of law.

Unfortunately, as we have understood all along, this will not be a one trial and done case. Depending on the rulings provided, there will most certainly be appeals.
Regarding the permit process: During pretrial, the court directed that the permit process was not 'ripe' for judgment since the State had not yet implemented and harmed Oregonians. We believe there are many issues here but will need to address them in future.
Stay tuned.
On behalf of all the members of the Oregon State Shooting Association and sportsmen across Oregon, I would like to express my sincere appreciation and "Thank You" to our legal team. In addition, thank you to NSSF for leading the effort initially, and for NSSF and NRA in shouldering the financial burden. By taking on the challenge, we are standing up for what is right plus our constitutional rights.

In the Legislature, the Senate Republicans are holding the line for Oregonians. By maintaining the walkout until Jun 25th,​ they are holding seriously flawed bills from being enacted (HB2005, SB348,…). Be sure to send a note to your legislators in support. Use this link.

Here is what I just got from the OSSA:
ate: June 10, 2023.
From: Kerry Spurgin, President, Oregon State Shooting Association (OSSA).

Dear Michael Mackie,
(Addressed to present members of OSSA)

Our federal trial was completed with closing arguments presented yesterday, June 9th​. We expect a ruling within 2 weeks. Meanwhile, the State court stay is in place until September.

The closing arguments made by our lawyer Matthew Rowan were "Masterful". Matthew covered every legal argument. In contrast, the defendant's closing lacked arguments of the legal standing of their case. It's now the Judge's task to apply the constitution, recent case law from the US Supreme Court, and rule of law.

Unfortunately, as we have understood all along, this will not be a one trial and done case. Depending on the rulings provided, there will most certainly be appeals.
Regarding the permit process: During pretrial, the court directed that the permit process was not 'ripe' for judgment since the State had not yet implemented and harmed Oregonians. We believe there are many issues here but will need to address them in future.
Stay tuned.
On behalf of all the members of the Oregon State Shooting Association and sportsmen across Oregon, I would like to express my sincere appreciation and "Thank You" to our legal team. In addition, thank you to NSSF for leading the effort initially, and for NSSF and NRA in shouldering the financial burden. By taking on the challenge, we are standing up for what is right plus our constitutional rights.

In the Legislature, the Senate Republicans are holding the line for Oregonians. By maintaining the walkout until Jun 25th,​ they are holding seriously flawed bills from being enacted (HB2005, SB348,…). Be sure to send a note to your legislators in support. Use this link.
Thanks for this, Mike.

email from OFF
For those who have not seen it

As you know, and as we have repeatedly reported, the Republican Senator's denial of quorum has been completely effective at slamming the brakes on the Democrat's extreme agenda.

(Only Senators Dick Anderson and David Brock Smith have been showing up every day to Senate floor sessions.)

So, in spite of being in the minority, the Republicans have been essentially controlling the agenda and protecting the people who elected them from the worst of the Democrat's bills, stalling some very dangerous gun restrictions.

But now the left is buzzing with talk of a "deal" to bring the Republicans back in exchange for the Republicans folding on personally made firearms, what the left calls "ghost guns."

Cartel media reports have already discussed some kind of trade off.

If the Republicans accept this deal they will be effectively banning all AR style firearms and countless other guns because the "ghost gun" language is crafted so badly that they are banning the parts that are not, and have never been regulated. Basically they would be outlawing AR firearm's UPPER receivers which were never required to have serial numbers, while ironically ignoring the parts they think they are banning.

If Knopp and the Republican Senators fall for this deal they will have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory to placate the left wing media and once again, stuck it to gun owners.

Please contact Senate Minority leader Tim Knopp and remind him that gun owners have stood behind the Senate walk out and not to sell us out now when we could win it all.

Senator Tim Knopp
Capitol Phone: (503) 986-1727
Email: [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR