JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"She [Immergut] said she'll consider whether large-capacity magazines constitute a dramatic technological change from earlier firearms capable of firing more than 10 rounds.""

Well duh... and... so what?? I guess she didn't get the memo that the 2 step interest balancing crapolla is no longer valid... and our 1A rights are limited to quill and paper, hu(?)

"Lawyers for the state who are defending Measure 114 will argue next week that large-capacity magazines aren't covered by the Second Amendment and aren't commonly used for self-defense."

...and we'll just ignore what "use" was determined to mean by the Supreme Court... and limit 2A right to apply only to "self defense" vs. "lawful purposes". That'll work. 🤣

We can see where this is going.
I didn't think we'd have this long before the next action on Duncan v. Bonta. I was kind of expecting a ruling there, pushing the 9th circuit's hand on these cases.

I didn't think we'd have this long before the next action on Duncan v. Bonta. I was kind of expecting a ruling there, pushing the 9th circuit's hand on these cases.
Anyone have a good guess on why Benitez hasn't released his decision? Last I heard was that he was waiting for Inslee to sign the Washington bans, but that one didn't pan out.

Anyone have a good guess on why Benitez hasn't released his decision? Last I heard was that he was waiting for Inslee to sign the Washington bans, but that one didn't pan out.
NO idea. That was the prevailing theory, but after the fact I haven't heard even a whisper as to what's going on now. It certainly would have sent a powerful message back then.

The failed system costs us much more than that. $134 million, from one report. Just for the build, which never worked.

"...The state also had to hire more than 400 workers to aid in the manual enrollment process — that despite $134 million Oregon paid its main technology contractor Oracle Corp. to build the online exchange...."
WOW, I didn't know it was THAT much, I don't remember where I got the 11 million ( Maybe it was the DMV system upgrade that didn't, IDK) but seriously, that's OryGun for ya, if they can phuck it up, OryGun will figure out how, and stick you and I with the tab!
Makes me have all kinds of faith they will suddenly have the funding for this all worked out and trouble free when it goes live!

NOT!

Trust OryGun to Phuck it up ROYALLY when it matters most, it's how it's been done the last 50+ years! :mad: :mad: :mad:

IDK, but maybe he is waiting on the 2nd or 5th circuit courts decisions, knowing he can force the 9th's hand after he drops his ruling, AGAIN!
I suspect Cali would appeal his rulings back up to the 9th, like they always do when they don't get their way, and maybe this is how he sticks it to Newsom and Bonta, gives them the big fat finger!

Here's the latest on what the state has paid their legal teams in defense of Measure 114.

$1,059,827.65

Lawsuit Expenses May 31.jpeg

My wife just got her CHL last month through oregonchl.org through OSSA, and the training course/certificate of completion are in compliance with measure 114 permit to purchase. Looks like the framework for meeting the training aspect is covered. As far as hands on demonstration, I'm guessing that'll get scrapped. These jackholes just want paper. The desk jockeys are already there doing prints and bgc for CHL at County levels, they'll just hire and train a few more to work from Salem.
At the end of March, OSP said their estimate was $17million to implement and would need to hire 45 new workers. LiveScan electronic fingerprint machines will cost counties and police departments around $28k each.

OFF trial starts Monday at 9am. Here's the calendar. Here's courthouse information. If you're going, be aware that the courtroom has limited seating, so you may get directed into the overflow room. Plan on extra time to find parking, walk to the courthouse, and get through security.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top