JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Received the same canned message from NRA's Martin (S)prick. Am I surprised? Not quite, have to wonder what type suits the NRA instructors will wear? Something like the French Man's?
Evidently, being beyond my ability to leave it alone... I sent him a reply.

"Thank you for your reply.

I very much appreciate that quality training is paramount, however, OR's measure 114 permit to purchase law is by no means a "feelings" issue. It is a direct infringement to require permission to exercise an inalienable right. If the NRA's position is to provide instructors to enable/assist the state in implementing an unconstitutional law, it can be seen as nothing short of the NRA's collusion against the 2nd Amendment and will be disseminated as such. There is no ambiguity and would urge the NRA to reconsider their position on this issue."

;)

Evidently, being beyond my ability to leave it alone... I sent him a reply.

"Thank you for your reply.

I very much appreciate that quality training is paramount, however, OR's measure 114 permit to purchase law is by no means a "feelings" issue. It is a direct infringement to require permission to exercise an inalienable right. If the NRA's position is to provide instructors to enable/assist the state in implementing an unconstitutional law, it can be seen as nothing short of the NRA's collusion against the 2nd Amendment and will be disseminated as such. There is no ambiguity and would urge the NRA to reconsider their position on this issue."

;)
I've been an NRA member since age 15. Sad how our world has changed. Oliver North blew the lid off of pandora's box. Wayne's suits didn't help one bit. About that time old age was winning the battle and it was time for a revokable living trust. The attorney thought I was crazy due to leaving a few $$$ to the NRA. Appears too much of NRA's dollars are used to fight Wayne's legal battles. Maybe it is time to take the American Rifleman magazine out of the PO Box and dump it into the trash??

Measure 114 isn't to be taken lightly! Since moving to Orygun there has been little or no action on the part of the NRA. Could be with the $$$ left after Wayne's legal issues the NRA can only fight little battles that it might win. They are only backing someone else's legal suit in Orygun. That speaks loudly.

Should our efforts and $$$ be spent wisely? OFF, GOA, SAF have more skin in the game when it comes to Measure 114.
Your choice......................I've sent my donations..............not to the NRA.

Foreverlost,

I've been an NRA member since age 15. Sad how our world has changed. Oliver North blew the lid off of pandora's box. Wayne's suits didn't help one bit. About that time old age was winning the battle and it was time for a revokable living trust. The attorney thought I was crazy due to leaving a few $$$ to the NRA. Appears too much of NRA's dollars are used to fight Wayne's legal battles. Maybe it is time to take the American Rifleman magazine out of the PO Box and dump it into the trash??

Measure 114 isn't to be taken lightly! Since moving to Orygun there has been little or no action on the part of the NRA. Could be with the $$$ left after Wayne's legal issues the NRA can only fight little battles that it might win. They are only backing someone else's legal suit in Orygun. That speaks loudly.

Should our efforts and $$$ be spent wisely? OFF, GOA, SAF have more skin in the game when it comes to Measure 114.
Your choice......................I've sent my donations..............not to the NRA.

Foreverlost,
They may be ignoring Oregon in favor of Illinois.

They may be ignoring Oregon in favor of Illinois.

I'd be hard pressed to call hiring Paul Clement to file suit against measure 114 as 'ignoring Oregon.' Just sayin'…

I give to the NRA, GOA, SAF, FPC, but the one with the most money to do something seems to be the NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights)

I've been getting their emails for quite awhile now…endorsements from Rand, Massie, etc. but never hear/see anything beyond that. Are they an effective organization?
I would look at the Wikipedia link above, they don't tell it all, but they do give you a feel, of course, Wikipedia kind of leans left, so use your grain of salt.

I would look at the Wikipedia link above, they don't tell it all, but they do give you a feel, of course, Wikipedia kind of leans left, so use your grain of salt.
Let's just say that a fair amount of history I lived through now reads differently than when it happened. Do yourself a favor and buy a set of period encyclopedias if you want to see the difference.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top