JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Laws are supposed to be based on facts and not ideas (or out of state bribes).
We'd like to think so, but after a while we get around to Thomas Sowell's epigram
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
It's entirely reasonable to argue that gun laws won't work, but that's because generally we are not politicians; the gun laws may make no sense about guns, but they work a treat for getting voters to turn out.

I don't like PTP.
I do like keeping my hi-caps.
If I had to choose between the two, I would choose to keep the hi-caps.
The right to bear arms is guaranteed in the Constitution and is one of the founding principles of our country. In no way should you have to choose which part of your freedoms you get to keep. I hope 114 meets a swift and decisive end.

The right to bear arms is guaranteed in the Constitution and is one of the founding principles of our country. In no way should you have to choose which part of your freedoms you get to keep. I hope 114 meets a swift and decisive end.
I don't want to get too political.
But, as I understand it, homeland security has already stripped us of all constitutional rights.
Apologies in advance for the s**t storm my commentary might bring.

Looks like, for OFF, Immergut is splitting the complaints into PTP and Magazines.

And, did OFF get new counsel? 'Leonard W. Williamson, OSB #910020 Attorney for Plaintiffs'; in Salem, https://vwllp.com/attorneys/leonard-williamson/
How can the judge split it into two completely different constitutional categories when ballot measures are only allowed to be single issues? Seems like it should be vacated for that reason alone.

I don't like PTP.
I do like keeping my hi-caps.
If I had to choose between the two, I would choose to keep the hi-caps.
I hear what you're saying but we shouldn't be in a position to have to decide one or the other. They really are two separate issues. One is about a permit with written and physical tests to exercise a protected right and the other is about making our right to self defense impossible with our existing and lawful tools.

F' them. Keep fighting on both fronts. If possible, do an end around and poke them in the rear too!

I hear what you're saying but we shouldn't be in a position to have to decide one or the other. They really are two separate issues. One is about a permit with written and physical tests to exercise a protected right and the other is about making our right to self defense impossible with our existing and lawful tools.

F' them. Keep fighting on both fronts. If possible, do an end around and poke them in the rear too!
I agree with you ideologically.

But with a wife in the law profession, I am overwhelmed every hour by her with new updates concerning the ongoing litigation. It is becoming ever more complicated.

What we want is not always what the law says we can have. The constitution is a guide, not finite and carved in stone. It is continually open to interpretation.

We got screwed at the polls, yes. Now we are attempting damage control.

If more people had the balls to keep 114 from happening in the first place my nuts would not be in a vice right now!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. IMHO

I once had a discussion with a man who claimed he was smart enough to outsmart any detective in an interrogation room.

I responded by telling him that if your being interrogated, you have already lost!

I think this statement somehow applies to the last post I just made.

Looks like, for OFF, Immergut is splitting the complaints into PTP and Magazines.

And, did OFF get new counsel? 'Leonard W. Williamson, OSB #910020 Attorney for Plaintiffs'; in Salem, https://vwllp.com/attorneys/leonard-williamson/
If true. Leonard is definitely a huge improvement. I saw him during the IP17 Leglistative hearings this summer and he was very articulate when it came to engaging LEVO. This is good news!

Reality can suck!

FjlBvCCWAAASgTZ.jpg

How can the judge split it into two completely different constitutional categories when ballot measures are only allowed to be single issues? Seems like it should be vacated for that reason alone.
Did you see in the December 7 "Senate Interim Committee On Judiciary and Ballot Measure 110 Implementation" that the OSP superintendent said OSP worked with the Secretary of State to work on the ballot.

Maybe I heard it wrong. At 12:40 mark.

Last Edited:
I heard that too and didn't know what to make of it. AFIK, the ballot measure had been written before OSP and SoS started working on implementation in October or even before. I don't know if the coordination and planning was inappropriate or not. Multiple Sheriffs commented on it long before the election, as did the OSSA saying it was impossible to implement and administer without funding and legislation .

Last Edited:
Absolutely. It is impossible to implement and administer without funding and legislation.
The two do not hang together. As such, it ought to fall.

They promised voters a stuffed turkey for thanksgiving. Now, before Christmas they want to deliver gizzards, neck, and one drumstick. NO DICE. What you sold was in inedible prototype turkey. You don't get to celebrate now. If you cannot deliver a whole edible turkey, then give us back our votes.

This reminds me of the old line when someone said:
"We cannot have a better, or smarter, person representing our interest."

and from the cheap seats a voice calls out asking:
"Why not?"

Anyway, new day, new bottle of tequila, so . . .

:s0059:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads