JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For your viewing pleasure.

Fjey1pSXEAAM8yy.jpg

It looks as if we might be able to watch the Dec 13th hearing online using the webex link at 9AM.

https://www.courts.oregon.gov/courts/grant/Pages/default.aspx

Harney Webex – PUBLIC
December 13, 2022 at 9:00 AM
Join from the meeting link:

https://oregonjudicial.webex.com/oregonjudicial/j.php?MTID=m6607b5cdcadb0e1c73907e88aca5ffd1.php

Join by meeting number:
MEETINGS.WEBEX.COM
Meeting number (access code): 2490 636 2369
Meeting password: HARpublic22*

Join by phone:
1-408-418-9388
Access code: 2486 636 2369 ##

@Librarian

Would appreciate hearing your latest view on the current situation. As I understand it at this point (12/08/22), 114 is not in effect and the next "milestone" date is Tuesday (12/13/22) when the State Court decision (Harney) is reviewed again.

Thanks for any input you might share with all of us. How do you see it?

Federal case keeps the permits off until at least early January.
Pending anything new from hearing next Tues (??) State case keeps everything off for 10 days from when filed on Tues, Dec 6.

@Librarian

Would appreciate hearing your latest view on the current situation. As I understand it at this point (12/08/22), 114 is not in effect and the next "milestone" date is Tuesday (12/13/22) when the State Court decision (Harney) is reviewed again.

Thanks for any input you might share with all of us. How do you see it?
That's it.

I'd like to see some of the Arnold docs, the complaint and the State's reply. I'm not familiar with the OR state courts (yet!). So I cannot even speculate on how this will proceed, except to be amused the OR Supreme Court laid a ruler across the knuckles of the AG. (If I were to speculate on that, without actual evidence, I might think that was about 'defending territory'.)

The four Federal cases (pending some combination) are still alive, and will need instructions for case conferences and document submissions; I expect that order in the next 10 days, and required dates in January 2023. That's usually something like
  • 2 weeks for plaintiff
  • 10 days for defendant to respond
  • 10 days for plaintiff to rebut defendant
  • some time for motions, which may overlap the above
So, maybe a trial date set in February? Perhaps in court in April? Just a guess.

That's it.

I'd like to see some of the Arnold docs, the complaint and the State's reply. I'm not familiar with the OR state courts (yet!). So I cannot even speculate on how this will proceed, except to be amused the OR Supreme Court laid a ruler across the knuckles of the AG. (If I were to speculate on that, without actual evidence, I might think that was about 'defending territory'.)

The four Federal cases (pending some combination) are still alive, and will need instructions for case conferences and document submissions; I expect that order in the next 10 days, and required dates in January 2023. That's usually something like
  • 2 weeks for plaintiff
So, maybe a trial date set in February? Perhaps in court in April? Just a guess.
Thanks. Good info.

Does this mean FFL's can still do a transfer?
Yes, if they're willing. Many have stopped all together due to the uncertainty.

If you find a shop willing, your options are:
1) hope for an instant approval​
2) go to a shop that will help push your items through the process by either:​
a) exercise the "72hr+ delay equals a release" and hopefully get your item(s) in 3-4 days (you only have 6 days left)​
b) is willing to "call in" your BGC. Most won't do it. OSP website says they've stopped accepting phone BGC's, but others on this forum have said OSP is still doing them. Just know the hold time could be multiple hours before OSP picks up, hence some dealers not wanting to mess with it.​
3) get thrown into the queue behind 40,000+ other gun buyers and pray for a miracle, that either:​
a) 114 is shot down completely and things proceed as they always have or​
b) hope your BGC clears before the permitting process goes into effect (whenever that ends up taking place)​

Good luck out there!!

Looks like next year LEVO should focus on putting a "get in shape or go to jail" initiative on the ballot, to reduce that high rate of heart disease deaths. Of course they'd probably need to include a provision banning all fast food, so it wouldn't pass.
First they would outlaw private fast food orders..only licensed fast food outlets allowed.

Then they would pass laws allowing relatives to report their family members out of concern for their health..thereby allowing authorities to seize said fast food.

Also, fast food must be locked away if children are present.

Next of course they would limit all fry orders to no more than 10 fries. 11 is too much. Also ban 17oz or more cokes. 16 is fine.

Next they would ban any device allowing mass calorie consumption..such as peanut m&m or dorito packaging.

They really just want all the fast food..and Bloomberg will help them get it.

First they would outlaw private fast food orders..only licensed fast food outlets allowed.

Then they would pass laws allowing relatives to report their family members out of concern for their health..thereby allowing authorities to seize said fast food.

Also, fast food must be locked away if children are present.

Next of course they would limit all fry orders to no more than 10 fries. 11 is too much. Also ban 17oz or more cokes. 16 is fine.

Next they would ban any device allowing mass calorie consumption..such as peanut m&m or dorito packaging.

They really just want all the fast food..and Bloomberg will help them get it.

Bloomberg already banned "high capacity Cola" in NYC.. No joke! Lol

I still don't believe the people that pushed this to the ballot were the writers.

I think that was all part of it and it was written by national orgs backed by Bloomberg.
Bingo. I've seen the same unlikely wording of phrases in legislation in other states.

That's it.

• 2 weeks for plaintiff
Haha, maybe in Harney County, but in Lane and Jackson, it is typically about nine months after the Complaint is filed at the soonest. That first set then gets postponed by another trial that's older. Another four months, minimum from that. Remember, this might be the only judge in the county, so he likely has a lot on his calendar.

I wasn't aware of anyone thinking this had local origins. Bloomberg, Gifford, LEV, and their ilk went shopping for someone to push the agenda and found it with the Lutheran church group and LEVO. It was never a secret.
I guess I was misreading all the posts that seem to be indicating LEVO wrought this.

Sorry for harping on this.

I guess I was misreading all the posts that seem to be indicating LEVO wrought this.

Sorry for harping on this.
They like to call it a grass roots movement but it's nothing of the sort.

I do agree that many that gathered signatures and voted yes did in fact believe that it was in the interest of saving lives. Those at the top however, knew full well of the implications. These are the ones that should be taken to task. They lied and manipulated parishioners and even preyed on school children to help get this passed. I hope there's a special place in hell for those dancing in the blood of murdered children to achieve their skewed and twisted objectives.

When you look at the big picture and include the passage of measure 112, it gets pretty scary. It will come to the cost of incarcerating murderers, rapists and pedophiles being too expensive because they all need to be paid minimum wage to do their own laundry. Disarm the law abiding citizens, defund the police, legalize hard drugs, and then release the hard core criminals. There are no coincidences here. Keep that in mind.

Its hilarious to me the AG wrote to Oregon SC like its a reddit or twitter post. What clown world are we in?

Magazine capacity restrictions and permitting requirements have a proven track record: They save lives! We are confident the Oregon Constitution — like the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution — allows these reasonable regulations."

Its hilarious to me the AG wrote to Oregon SC like its a reddit or twitter post. What clown world are we in?
I'd like to see that proof of 10 round magazines saving lives, the AG wrote about. He should spend more time jailing criminals and less time lying to the courts.

Laws are supposed to be based on facts and not ideas (or out of state bribes).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top