JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Posted by the attorneys in the Duncan case on Twitter, shared on Reddit. This is a GREAT guideline for the conversations.

Also note Benitez has hearings on Duncan and some other cases on the 12th, so updates will follow.

desperately needed! might be just in the nick of time. The question is will the OR AG follow it?
Doubtful. Oregon will do everything in their power to push their agenda until they're absolutely told to stop. That won't happen until all of this gets to the supreme court. I hope I'm wrong!

I'm not seeing free. It's showing $60?
Mine showed $0 for the course. Maybe that's the permit fee?

1670445849120.png

Mine showed $0 for the course. Maybe that's the permit fee?

View attachment 1325892
The course is free online I guess but after completing you need to go in person to the sheriff who will fingerprint you etc. then they will charge you $65.

Also I see nothing here about the live fire/in person test of how to use the gun component. Where will that be completed and how much will that cost?

My only push back on this is that you are talking about this like M114 passed with 65% or more of the vote. It didn't. It passed by a mere 5000 votes! Barely over 50%. If M114 passed in a landslide, I would agree with you about it being a lost cause. But I don't think all hope is lost just yet.
Such a close division is a clue that the game is rigged. We need in person voting with ID to really know the truth.

All that SHOULD BE required is a DD214 that states firearms training, a Hunter Safety course or NRA Basic Pistol. But, noooo the jerks had to make it all complicated by involving live fire and a LEO sign off.

All that SHOULD BE required is a DD214 that states firearms training, a Hunter Safety course or NRA Basic Pistol. But, noooo the jerks had to make it all complicated by involving live fire and a LEO sign off.
Honestly NRA Certified Instructors would be the best choice tor training, but then the gun grabbers would have to work with them. It's yet one more sign that this is all politics and not driven by safety. Why else would you except the best training resource?

The course is free online I guess but after completing you need to go in person to the sheriff who will fingerprint you etc. then they will charge you $65.

Also I see nothing here about the live fire/in person test of how to use the gun component. Where will that be completed and how much will that cost?
Does it actually say in the measure that range time/live fire has to be part of the permitting process? Or does it just say it requires an "approved training course"?

When and how do they determine if you are a threat to yourself or society at large? that too is required but yet to be determined exactly HOW.

I know we're only going in circles here until the 2023 legislation sessions finished.

Yes it does require live fire training. The section below is copied directly from the text of the bill.

(c) A firearms training course or class required for issuance of a permit-to-purchase must include:
(A) Review of federal and state laws in place at the time of the class and other safe practices related to ownership, purchase, transfer, use and transportation of firearms;
(B) Review of federal and state safe storage laws in place at the time of the class and other safe practices related to safe storage, including reporting lost and stolen guns;
PAGE - 3 New sections are in boldfaced type. Matter in amended sections in boldfaced type is new; matter [struck through and bracketed] is intended to be omitted.

(C) Prevention of abuse or misuse of firearms, including the impact of homicide and suicide on families, communities and the country as a whole; and
(D) In-person demonstration of the applicant's ability to lock, load, unload, fire and store a firearm before an instructor certified by a law enforcement agency. This requirement may be met separately from the other course requirements in subpargagraphs (A), (B) and (C) of paragraph (c), which may be completed in an on-line course, provided the on-line course has been conducted by a trainer certified by law enforcement.

Even the people pushing measure 114 lied and said there was no live fire component, yet there it is hidden in the text of the actual bill.

Yes it does require live fire training. The section below is copied directly from the text of the bill.

(c) A firearms training course or class required for issuance of a permit-to-purchase must include:
(A) Review of federal and state laws in place at the time of the class and other safe practices related to ownership, purchase, transfer, use and transportation of firearms;
(B) Review of federal and state safe storage laws in place at the time of the class and other safe practices related to safe storage, including reporting lost and stolen guns;
PAGE - 3 New sections are in boldfaced type. Matter in amended sections in boldfaced type is new; matter [struck through and bracketed] is intended to be omitted.

(C) Prevention of abuse or misuse of firearms, including the impact of homicide and suicide on families, communities and the country as a whole; and
(D) In-person demonstration of the applicant's ability to lock, load, unload, fire and store a firearm before an instructor certified by a law enforcement agency. This requirement may be met separately from the other course requirements in subpargagraphs (A), (B) and (C) of paragraph (c), which may be completed in an on-line course, provided the on-line course has been conducted by a trainer certified by law enforcement.

Even the people pushing measure 114 lied and said there was no live fire component, yet there it is hidden in the text of the actual bill.
Sorry, but "fire" can simply mean pull the damn trigger..."load and unload" can simply mean load dummy rounds into the magazine, rack the slide, then pull back the slide to empty the round from the chamber.....see, this is why there needs to be time taken to verify this ccrap...."Fire" absolutely does NOT mean live fire, it simpy means pulling the trigger, it doesnt state "discharge the loaded weapon in to an approved backstop".....

Are you saying fire can mean only "dry fire"?

114 should have expressly stated dry fire or live fire, but the Gucci boot wearing antis didn't know enough about firearms in the first place to clarify that.

Sorry, but "fire" can simply mean pull the damn trigger..."load and unload" can simply mean load dummy rounds into the magazine, rack the slide, then pull back the slide to empty the round from the chamber.....see, this is why there needs to be time taken to verify this ccrap...."Fire" absolutely does NOT mean live fire, it simpy means pulling the trigger, it doesnt state "discharge the loaded weapon in to an approved backstop".....
The weasel word that makes this correct is "demonstrate" so all you have to do is show them how it's done.

I do like how they use "lock, load at the beginning of the things you need to demonstrate. I'd love to see someone ask them what "lock" means, since the "lock and load" reference goes back to the late 1700's when firearms still had locks.

They will hem and haw and say it means to open the bolt, when the expression meant that the lock (ignition system) was ready to fire and the firearm was loaded. Lock really refers to the priming system used to ignite the charge.

But, then, they have all seen that John Wayne movie where he uses the term.

Are you saying fire can mean only "dry fire"?

114 should have expressly stated dry fire or live fire, but the Gucci boot wearing antis didn't know enough about firearms in the first place to clarify that.
In a TV interview one of the 114 principles said that dry fire was acceptable. True or not? None of them are experts and there has been a lot of untruth surrounding the selling of 114

For all you Measure 114 rules writers out there, here are my suggestions regarding the "fire" component of the required training:

--Have the applicant play 10 minutes of Nintendo's Duck Hunt.

--Have the applicant use a snap cap in a dummy barrel firearm, or just point a brightly colored dummy training pistol at the target, spit tobacco and say, "I reckon so". Followed by, "pew pew", "pew pew"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top