JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But what about the guns in jail with the mags over 10 rounds ? My friend has two guns waiting for the background to go through and I suggested that he get the mags from the guns today if the dealer allows it. Otherwise on Thursday the magazines will have to be put in the garbage before they let the gun go.

Unfortunately the 30 day extension isn't even what the AG had requested. Guess the judge doesn't want OSP to have a relaxing holiday season....

The judge says the Fitz case plaintiffs

"challenge only Measure 114's restrictions on large-capacity magazines and claim these restrictions violate their rights under the Second and Fourteenth Amendments. Plaintiffs do not challenge Measure 114's permit-to-purchase provision, the implementation of which this Court has stayed for thirty days following a request by Defendants."

And I think the Judge did more with another order in the OFF lawsuit. Sounds like she rejected consideration of OFF's filings on December 5 as being untimely. She says plaintiffs had notice of the provision for a long time.

Edit: And, at least in the past page of the judge's order someone posted on another thread, the judge may be open to allowing another postponement, depending on what happens within the next 30 days from Dec 8.

From I understand here and from what others attended the lawsuit said. OFF lawyer Mr. Kaempf was a half baked lawyer who couldn't articulate if magazines were in " common use" and didn't make a real effort challenge the " permit system". Please do keep me honest here.

I feel like OFF rushed in, when this was better suited for heavy hitters like FPC or the NRA. I feel OFF did more harm than good.

We Needed a Superstar lawyer for this and OFF blew it...

But what about the guns in jail with the mags over 10 rounds ? My friend has two guns waiting for the background to go through and I suggested that he get the mags from the guns today if the dealer allows it. Otherwise on Thursday the magazines will have to be put in the garbage before they let the gun go.
That sucks for everyone. Maybe get refund to purchase a 12 gauge with 7+1 capacity. With #4 buckshot at 27 pellets per shell, that's some heat

Plus Joe B. said a shotgun is all we need, anyway.

Fed judge puts on hold permit-to-purchase gun regulation for 30 days but denies temporary restraining order against Oregon Measure 114's ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds & completed background check requirement
https://t.co/0WK71XsSOO - order for the OFF suit.

Against this backdrop, and based on the record before this Court at this early stage in the litigation, this Court finds that Plaintiffs have failed to meet their burden showing that they are entitled to the extraordinary relief they seek. Plaintiffs have failed to demonstrate that they will suffer immediate and irreparable harm if this Court does not block Measure 114 from taking effect on December 8, 2022. Plaintiffs have not produced sufficient evidence at this stage to demonstrate a likelihood of success on the merits of their challenge to Measure 114's restrictions on large-capacity magazines. Plaintiffs have also failed to demonstrate a likelihood of success on their facial challenge to Measure 114's permitting provisions. With respect to any as-applied challenge, Defendants have stated that they are not ready to implement the permitting requirements and have asked this Court to "enter an order providing a limited window in which
Oregonians will be able to purchase firearms even though they do not have a permit, while also allowing Oregonians to apply for and be issued permits." Id.

Accordingly, Plaintiffs' Motion for a TRO, ECF 5, is DENIED with respect to Measure 114's restrictions on large-capacity magazines. Plaintiffs' Motion is DENIED with respect to a facial challenge to Measure 114's permitting provision. However, in light of the difficulty the State has conceded in terms of implementation of the permitting provisions at this stage, implementation of those permitting provisions is stayed for thirty days. Parties are ordered to confer and report to the Court regarding any further postponement requests.
I predict an appeal coming up ...

From I understand here and from what others attended the lawsuit said. OFF lawyer Mr. Kaempf was a half baked lawyer who couldn't articulate if magazines were in " common use" and didn't make a real effort challenge the " permit system". Please do keep me honest here.

I feel like OFF rushed in, when this was better suited for heavy hitters like FPC or the NRA. I feel OFF did more harm than good.

We Needed a Superstar lawyer for this and OFF blew it
And here I thought the mag capacity provision would be the easiest to get struck down. The issue was, OFF filed first I think because at least on this website, there wasn't much if any chatter about any other organizations doing something, at least by the time OFF filed (if that makes sense). Glad others arrived with their lawsuits, but guess that won't help for the 8th

Oregon also ranks just about last in the nation in mental health services, but one angle the 114 pushers played up was the suicide rate would be reduced with 114.

Hey dum dums maybe first get a handle on improving mental health services.

Unfortunately for them, that would've taken a lot more actual work than duping people into voting for 114.
Someone else said it best earlier in the thread the angle I had completely ignored/forgotten. Oregon offers assisted suicide. You can't say that suicide is a state emergency when the state has a path to let you kill yourself.

Do you happen to know which measures, and which court (state or Federal) made the rulings? At first impression, it ought to have been a state court.

The Oregon Supreme Court refused to hear our complaint.

I've heard that. Do you have more identifying info on that case? I am experiencing a search failure and cannot dig it out from all the articles on the re-districting case.

I can't find the references. You are right though, it is not a fed matter.
Is this what you are looking for?

I feel OFF did more harm than good.
Maybe JMHO, but . . .

Ive-Seen-This-One.gif

This-Is-Aclasic.gif

From the Judge's decision:
Measure 114, which was passed by a majority of Oregon voters, changes existing Oregon
law in two ways: by requiring prospective gun owners to obtain a permit before purchasing a
firearm, and by prohibiting the purchase and use of magazines that can accept more than ten
rounds of ammunition, subject to various exceptions.

Does this mean there was more than one subject in the referendum ?

Not to parse the english language but "firearm violence" would be considered a topic and not a specific subject. Whereas "magazine ban" is a subject.

We Needed a Superstar lawyer for this and OFF blew it...
Yeah, I don't know Kaempf, but the NSSF/NRA attorneys are awesome. Shawn Lindsay is an excellent Oregon lawyer, and Clement and Murphy are famous for good reason. It's too bad they weren't at the table for this. Now it's all buggered up. There are thousands and thousands of arms with +10 mags in the box sitting in back rooms right now waiting for background checks to clear. I have no idea what those dealers are going to do after 12/8. Maybe strip out the mags? At the same price? Such a mess.

Last Edited:
I do not see the FFL's handing over the mags now or the guns then.
Unless this unconstitutional measure is stopped by tomorrow.

Oregon also ranks just about last in the nation in mental health services, but one angle the 114 pushers played up was the suicide rate would be reduced with 114.

Hey dum dums maybe first get a handle on improving mental health services.

Unfortunately for them, that would've taken a lot more actual work than duping people into voting for 114.
I think I read a couple of weeks ago, that Oregon just dropped residency requirement for out of staters to come here for assisted suicide.

How does that square with their reducing suicide statements.

Jack

I think I read a couple of weeks ago, that Oregon just dropped residency requirement for out of staters to come here for assisted suicide.

Jack
Our new state motto should be

"Oregon: We're not entirely sure what we're doing. Ever."

Edit: Has Oregon really done anything positively profound or useful for the residents, in a long time? It's like they just stumble from one debacle to another. What are we known for? Legalized marijuana, wine and Christmas holiday trees? And homelessness, and mostly peaceful protests. Ok Oregon, anything else? Please try harder.

Last Edited:

Jack
Tuna Kotex is spending $15,000,000 of your tax dollars to fund an abortion clinic in Ontario, Oregon for Idaho women who want to assist in the murder of their unborn babies.

Our new state motto should be

"Oregon: We're not entirely sure what we're doing. Ever."

Edit: Has Oregon really done anything positively profound or useful for the residents, in a long time? It's like they just stumble from one debacle to another. What are we known for? Legalized marijuana, wine and Christmas holiday trees? And homelessness, and mostly peaceful protests. Ok Oregon, anything else? Please try harder.
Assisted suicide…
State funding abortions for out of staters (including travel)…
And let's not forget the legalization of drugs, not just pot…

Oh yea and additional taxes placed on anyone living in the Portland Metro zone…

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top