JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, as I understand the postponement, you can apply for a PTP that does not exist and buy a gun as long as you have applied.

Does that make sense?

Do you have to go trough the whole permitting process if and when it is ready in order to keep your gun legally?

So, as I understand the postponement, you can apply for a PTP that does not exist and buy a gun as long as you have applied.

Does that make sense?

Do you have to go trough the whole permitting process if and when it is ready in order to keep your gun legally?
I personally do not feel comfortable applying for a permit to purchase given the character of 114 drafters and the conduct of those involved. Just have bad feelings about the proposed process and I doubt they will resolve given the recent conduct of the advocates.

I was seeing around 800 per day a few weeks ago. It sounds like they're likely processing non-CHL simultaneously.
Several bgc my ffl has done were less than a minute before they were approved. I'm sure they are kicking out as many a day as possible. It's hard to get an accurate number because some go straight to the que and some are instantaneous. IMHO there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they prioritize. There are some conspiracies I believe in but I have faith that the staff doing the bgc are doing the best they can.

Yeah it was crazy , I was helping him with one and he hit submit and seconds later the guy was approved, it didn't even go to the "under review " window. My heart goes out to allll those stuck in que-land.
Sounds like the OSP as middle man is short circuited for direct to NICS? Is that possible? OSP is the middleman?

I especially LOVE this part!

Under the law, Oregon serfs must go through government gun school — which doesn't exist yet — before being able to apply for a permit to buy a gun.

Just last week, of course, AG Ellen Rosenblum argued that "delaying Oregon's voter-approved gun control Measure 114 would result in unnecessary deaths and 'forestall Oregon's effort to reduce the risk of a massacre within its borders,'" according to KATU. Now her office is asking for a pause because they're not actually ready yet.

This should be a slam dunk for the Judge, it's obvious the state and LEVO Lied to the people when they pushed all this, and now it's come to roost, and our A.G. is a condescending twat who knows full well its illegal and unconstitutnal, but, being a leftist anti right bigiot, that's what we got!

OFF lawyer responds to AG https://t.co/Ru16XCaExj

Dear Judge Immergut:

As you know, I represent the Plaintiffs in this civil action seeking to enjoin the enforcement of 2022 Oregon Ballot Measure 114.

I write to briefly respond to the December 4, 2022 letter from Mr. Brian Marshall, attorney for Defendants.

On page 1 of his letter, Mr. Marshall summarizes his view of the "three basic challenges to Measure 114."

He first references "facial challenges." I wish to clarify that my clients also make only a "facial challenge" to 114.

And Mr. Marshall omits that my clients also argue that the "permit to purchase" provisions of 114 will not be able to be implemented by the December 8, 2022 effective date of 114 due to the massive backlog. That is like the claims made by the plaintiffs in the related lawsuits he references. My clients also rely on these "anticipated implementation difficulties."

And Mr. Marshall's vague promise of an undefined "limited window in which Oregonians will be able to purchase firearms even if they do not have a permit" does not end the necessity for the injunctive relief Plaintiffs request.

Respectfully, a significant part of the reason for filing the lawsuit, and the preliminary injunction motion, is to block the "permits to purchase" provisions from going into effect, and not for an unspecified "limited window."

Sincerely,
s/ John Kaempf

Several points need to be brought up to the judge.

First the measure was two subjects and should not have been a measure. Other measures have been overturned after approved by voters for this reason. It is obvious with the very different complaints there is more than one subject.

Second, as written it bans all magazines that can be easily modified. The intent probably was not there but that is how it was written.

Third, the permit should not be delayed because the defendants requests it to assist in implementation. The lawsuit is about the plaintiffs complaint. Only that should be considered in the courtroom. If the defendant has an implementation problem they need to seek a remedy outside of this case.

Several points need to be brought up to the judge.

First the measure was two subjects and should not have been a measure. Other measures have been overturned after approved by voters for this reason. It is obvious with the very different complaints there is more than one subject.
Do you happen to know which measures, and which court (state or Federal) made the rulings? At first impression, it ought to have been a state court.

Can we get Fagan for malfeasance?

So those that didn't make it before the 8th... they paid for the gun which at the time included the magazines. If they extend the purchase permit requirement 2 months, but keep the rest of the bill including the mag ban.
What happens to the standard mags the person paid for, legally owns, and eventually clears the background check?

Does the FFL give them a refund on the cost of the mags?

So those that didn't make it before the 8th... they paid for the gun which at the time included the magazines. If they extend the purchase permit requirement 2 months, but keep the rest of the bill including the mag ban.
What happens to the standard mags the person paid for, legally owns, and eventually clears the background check?

Does the FFL give them a refund on the cost of the mags?
They should have already done it, but they need to go pick up the magazines before the 8th.

Do you happen to know which measures, and which court (state or Federal) made the rulings? At first impression, it ought to have been a state court.

Can we get Fagan for malfeasance?
The only one I could find for more than one subject was M40 in 1996
"Gives Crime Victims Rights, Expands Admissible Evidence, Limits Pretrial Release – passed, but nullified by the Oregon Supreme Court for affecting multiple portions of the constitution. Spawned multiple measures in 1999."

A couple others were overturned, M3 in 1992 and M8 in 1994

And Fagan, like almost all .gov employees, is covered by Qualified Immunity and there is almost no chance any case would stand in court

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top