JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's hope OSP starts processing more BGC's now! It feels like the wheels of motion have slowed to a crawl in the BGC department.
Without the queue getting cleaned up & cleared out, LEVO and Oregon politicians are getting exactly what they want anyway - the halt to gun sales!
If OSP can keep delaying and kicking the can down the road in hopes of the permitting process taking effect, again, they are getting exactly what they want.
Let's hope this 10 day pause turns into something much longer and forces OSP to get back to business as usually and start clearing out the queue!!

Either way, I'm glad that today, Dec 8, isn't as somber of a day as it could've been!
Thank you Judge Raschio and GOA!!!

Also, if we get these "permits", once we get them does it mean we no longer need to do the background paperwork via FFLs if we trade or sell guns privately, or buy a new gun?
Still need BGCs and can still be denied. One is state just for the ability to purchase, the other is Federal to take possession.

You took the full CHL course. You need to click at the top of the page. Did the wrong one first also. I just couldn't figure out how to print the certificate. Lol. It was free but only have an email stating I completed it?
Wasn't me, was @Xmark1 and another member that said they had to pay for the certificate.

114 was so poorly written, I don't think the people who originated it thought it would pass because it will not hold up under legal scrutiny. It was a commie attempt to subdue our rights. I question the vote count. It was a razor thin win; we have seen too much of this lately with mail in ballots.
I still don't believe the people that pushed this to the ballot were the writers.

I think that was all part of it and it was written by national orgs backed by Bloomberg.

You took the full CHL course. You need to click at the top of the page. Did the wrong one first also. I just couldn't figure out how to print the certificate. Lol. It was free but only have an email stating I completed it?
Same here. Perhaps an email with come with the cert once they have verified my CHL?

It's doesn't say the applicant must fire anything. Only that the applicant demonstrate the ability to do so. It may be splitting hairs, but demonstrating the ability can be done without firing live ammunition. It doesn't say the applicant must demonstrate any degree of competency in using a firearm, such as being able to hit a target. Let's hope saner heads prevail and see it this way.

Edit: Better yet let's hope it's a moot point because the whole thing goes down in flames!
If the crafters of the bill wanted it to say "demonstrate the applicant knows how to dry fire the weapon" they could have easily written that

Regarding OFF's appeal of the denial of the TRO, here's the 9th Circuit's response:
Order from USCA for the 9th Circuit, USCA # 22-36011 re Notice of Appeal - Preliminary Injunction 45 .

The appeal filed December 7, 2022 is a preliminary injunction appeal. Accordingly, Ninth Circuit Rule 3-3 shall apply. The mediation questionnaire is due three days after the date of this order. If they have not already done so, within 7 calendar days after the filing date of this order, the parties shall make arrangements to obtain from the court reporter an official transcript of proceedings in the district court that will be included in the record on appeal. The briefing schedule shall proceed as follows: the opening brief and excerpts of record are due no later than January 4, 2023; the answering brief is due February 1, 2023 or 28 days after service of the opening brief, whichever is earlier; and the optional reply brief is due within 21 days after service of the answering brief. See 9th Cir. R. 3-3(b). No streamlined extensions of time will be approved. See 9th Cir. R. 31-2.2(a)(3). Any request for an extension of time to file a brief must be made by written motion under Ninth Circuit Rule 31-2.2(b). Failure to file timely the opening brief shall result in the automatic dismissal of this appeal by the Clerk for failure to prosecute. See 9th Cir. R. 42-1. (ecp) (Entered: 12/08/2022)
So, roughly Feb 22, 2023 before any movement on this.

EDIT: but I have also seen Kaempf's letter requesting to withdraw their appeal ... Maybe that request was denied? Maybe this is for Fitz?

EDIT2: 9th circuit clerk caught up - OFF withdraws appeal of denial of TRO, 9th dismisses. Appeal filed 1425, withdrawn 1729.

Last Edited:
If the crafters of the bill wanted it to say "demonstrate the applicant knows how to dry fire the weapon" they could have easily written that
There are a couple of considerations here. The intent of the crafters of the bill is only one. The second consideration is how the language of the measure will be interpreted by the rule makers who establish the actual policies and procedures for its implementation. All I and others are trying to say is that the law is so poorly written that there is wiggle room here. Not saying that they will, but they COULD comply with the letter of the law without mandating live fire training. It's a potential loophole. But, as I stated before, I'd much rather see the whole thing struck down in court.

I still don't believe the people that pushed this to the ballot were the writers.

I think that was all part of it and it was written by national orgs backed by Bloomberg.
I wasn't aware of anyone thinking this had local origins. Bloomberg, Gifford, LEV, and their ilk went shopping for someone to push the agenda and found it with the Lutheran church group and LEVO. It was never a secret.

Busse eventually left the gun industry. In 2020, he accepted a position as an adviser to Joe Biden's presidential campaign, and in 2021 he was hired as a senior advisor to the gun violence prevention group Giffords. He says he still owns and uses guns, and he believes in Americans' right to do the same.

Busse, what a tool. Calling Kyle Rittenhouse a vigilante. Kyle is a bonafide American Hero, taking out the trash as he defended himself from a riotous mob, fueled by the racism of the democrats…

Last Edited:
Busse is a b!tch and I'll happily share that opinion of him to his face. I'm even happy to skip across to Vantucky and do it there, so he can challenge me legally to mutual combat.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top